Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Dreams

Day dreams, night dreams, night mares, freudian dreams, sex dreams, vague dreams, happy dreams, and lucid dreams!

Share them here!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I approach a clearing near a forest. I can hear chanting. There is a matte grey cube flitting and rotating in the air around the clearing. As I get closer the chanting gets louder and clearer. It's in a language I don't understand. I stare transfixed at the spinning cube, noticing one of the faces is open. As the chanting reaches a crescendo, the open face of the cube aligns in my direction. I look inside. Absolute terror consumes me.

I wake up.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    I approach a clearing near a forest. I can hear chanting. There is a matte grey cube flitting and rotating in the air around the clearing. As I get closer the chanting gets louder and clearer. It's in a language I don't understand. I stare transfixed at the spinning cube, noticing one of the faces is open. As the chanting reaches a crescendo, the open face of the cube aligns in my direction. I look inside. Absolute terror consumes me.

I wake up.
    pandoras box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dreamt last night that I was outside, in the backyard of my place under the trees with another person who I think was wearing all white. I dont know who they were but they showed me a book or something that showed a bee going into the palm of a human hand. We talked about it and then I showed them my left palm which had a hole in it about half a cm in size just under the pointer finger. The surrounding skin was twisted similar to if you placed a blunt pencil on your skin and twisted it. A bee was trying to burrow inside and had its head inside the hole and I was showing the person with me how its the same as in the book as if it was a normal thing.

I casually grabbed the bee and carefully pulled it out to show the hive entrance. It wasnt easy to take the bee out, it was quite strong and after I did I just let the bee fly around me. Then we could see the skin around my palm was being raised as if another bee was under the skin and was trying to find the exit, it was moving around looking for it. It eventually found the exit and placed just its head out of the skin and looked at us. I think it was kinda looking to see where the other bee had gone and I showed it to the person with me as if it was a normal thing and I said something like "see" in a casual manner.

It was weird.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I don't normally remember my dreams very often, and I don't usually dream about things going on in my life (at least not overtly enough that I could tell). But as my best friendship has been dissolving over the past eight or nine months, I've had a few dreams involving my best friend, all very specific to the situation we're in. I mean, it was definitely symbolic and weird, but very easy to interpret, and very much a reflection of the state of things. I find that kind of interesting, since my dreams are not normally that easy to interpret.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love dreams. Back when I was writing them down (remembering your dreams in detail is one of the steps towards being able to lucid dream, something I've always wanted to do) I could write pages and pages just on one night's worth. I need to get back in the habit of doing that.

Last night it was the usual boring dream stuff, revisiting old childhood places. This one was a combination between my first house and my elementary school, but it was all repainted white and everything was very minimally decorated, like nothing on the walls and no furniture besides what was necessary, like in the nurse's office there was just one bed with metal bars for a headboard, a desk, and a computer, all white. I think it had also been converted into a hospital. Everything was sterile white but the hallways were all dimly lit and mostly shadows, and I didn't want to explore on my own even though I was curious because it seemed creepy to me. It mostly just struck me as being very empty, except in one of the rooms there was a kid hooked up to a few machines (the bed and the machines were the only thing in the room) and I was talking to him about how this used to be my house when I was his age.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I think it was last month sometime, I was at work and it was really fucking busy and a stressful day, and the equipment manager asked me if I could set up a kit so we could meter the lights. And then I woke up. I fucking HATE work dreams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had another nightmare with a tornado in it last night. I've been having them for years. Also, in my dream I was in my therapist's waiting room, when the therapists came in and started having an all out orgy with the other people waiting. It was kind of disturbing. And weird.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I haven't remembered a lot of dreams lately, but last night I remembered my toe nails were gross and long and old personish. What the hell does that mean? Aside from the fact that I told myself the other day that I will not spend the money on a pedicure. I'm sure that's all it is, but a brief dream interpretation search says hurt toes, which is not what they were, just nasty, means I have concerns about moving forward. Hog wash.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that I was driving on the freeway and all of a sudden all the cars came to a stop. Turns out there was a dude in the middle of the road (right in front of my car) whose legs had been cut off in an accident and he was now crawling across the ground with the stumps of his legs gushing blood. I got out of my car, grabbed my cell phone, and started calling 911 while some other people ran over to help him. Then I walked away and waited for a loooong time on hold, getting more and more anxious and frustrated because I knew this guy was going to die if we didn't get him help. Finally, the 911 operator came on but then someone walked in and told me the guy was dead and I had to tell the operator never mind. Oh, and while waiting for the 911 operator to come on the line they were playing advertisements (like you hear when you call Fandango or something). It was bizarre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a weird one the other night and I woke up with a NIN song in my head afterwards.

I dreamt I was in the arctic or somewhere like that(north or south pole). I was laying down in a small circular dug out area just big enough for me to curl up in. I was trying to avoid all the others there. There was about 20-30 other people and they were all having fun laughing while building a wall made from ice bricks around the camp. I didnt understand how they could all speak to one another and laugh over such typical things. I cant word it well but I felt very separate to them.

Anyway I lay there on the floor, on the ice in this dug out bed(no covers or anything and no roof over the camp)and I was trying to sleep but was somewhat watching them. Then it was dinner time and they all sat around a wood table and were talking a little about me and said that my dinner was ready. They placed the plate on the floor on the ice next to me and down near their feet. The food was a bird like a pigeon that was roasted and someone was telling me my dinner was ready. I looked over at it and thought how they had placed it down near their feet and I noticed another pigeon was trying to eat it. While it was doing this another person was pushing the bird away with his hand slightly which just made the pigeon touch the food slightly.

This all made me think the food was not that desirable. The pigeon really wanted it though so I picked up the plate and walked away from everyone, out onto the open ice away from the camp and I crossed over a small ice bridge. Once there I placed the plate down and gave it to the pigeon. I was really hungry at first(starving)but I thought how the pigeon was as well so I gave it to the bird. And I wasnt hungry after I made that choice. I also thought how birds do eat birds so its ok to offer it.

And I woke up with the song " I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally " stuck in my head, which I havent listened to for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't even remember any dreams. But every dream now makes me feel im in inception movie.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Had a dream about being in a goth show choir singing Ramstein songs last night!. Have no idea where that dream came from!.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Whole lot of dreams about people dying lately. Relatives, strangers...me. The usual. Harumph.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Loooooootta sex dreams lately. Sigh. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't explain how this dream led here, but we (my friends and I) were in a swamp when a snake started slithering out of a log at me. I grabbed it behind its head in an attempt to prevent it from biting me. While I was wrestling with it, something like 10 baby snakes burst out of its "stomach" area, and proceeded to slither into my mouth. At this point the dream turned into an out of body experience as the snakes split up my skin (and other pieces of my body), and sort of formed 10 different creatures. I don't remember much of what happened next, but it was really freaky to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have this bizarre recurring dream in which I grow up with this really emotionally screwed little girl (doesn't stay little, obviously). Can't really even explain her psychoses or what it is about her that's abnormal. Never been able to figure out if she has anything in particular, or if I just have huge personalities in my dreams.
    On one hand, she'll go off on rampages and throw things and scream a lot; on the other, she'll get very closed and adopt the need-to-be-protected-at-that-moment reclusiveness. I'm her only friend, the only one who has any luck keeping her contained/calming her and so forth. There'll be examples of this throughout, obviously; later on, she'll take to assaulting other girls, with one in particular represented in the actual dream.
    The dream will skip from early childhood (say six-eight) to young teenhood, as though there's some gap there in which she wasn't around. She sort of reappears in that latter half, about as screwy as ever, but at least with an awareness that young children don't have. She's still essentially out of control. The childhood friendship inspires some sort of romance, a lot of the same "protect me" contrasted with the angry outbursts.
    I used to have this dream, forget about it, and be reminded when I'd have it a few years later - this had happened once or twice before I actually kept it in mind. I wake up missing this girl/wondering what in the world happened to her, feeling very dark, perhaps a bit sick or lost and so on. S: Haven't ever been able to figure it out.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I used to have a recurring dream, too. But I don't remember a whole lot of it. I remember there being a HUUUUUGE empty field I'd be standing in, and for some reason there was a gigantic blank movie theater screen in front of me blocking out most of the horizon. If there was more to the dream, I've forgotten it by now. :\

Last night I had a dream that Fred Durst was in town - being arrested for vandalizing a graveyard. I'm not really sure why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's the feeling of the dream? I mean, if you can recall. It seems like recurring dreams - in my experience, anyway - tend to be a bit more in-depth where that personal-feeling-and-insight crap is concerned.

Durst, haaah.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, it's weird. It's like a very spacious, distant feeling. Like I'm in some kind of vacuum, and everything LOOKS really close to me and normal sized, but I feel incredibly small and distant from the plants and rocks and the big screen. It's kinda funny, I can remember times recently where I've had trouble sleeping, and I start thinking about that place and how it feels to be there, then the next thing I know, I'm waking up and it's morning.

I don't know that I'd call it a recurring dream, though. It used to be, and now it's just something that I can remember and it actually helps me fall asleep sometimes. That same distant/close feeling comes back and it gives me some weird kind of comfort. Not even I really know how to explain it, or what it means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a good feeling, then?

It sounds interesting. Something to do with liberation? Space and everything, I guess.
    I'm terrible at leaving these things alone, sorry. I've got all sorts of hypotheses for mine.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It might be. I've thought about it before. But there's so little to go on that I guess it could mean anything. Let loose with the hypotheses! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In any case, it sounds nice.

I've got a thing about intimacy. It's that overly romanticized idea of absolute knowledge of a person. So that's where the "isn't this cute, mutually exclusive understanding" garbage comes from. I'm guessing that the extremities of her...er, condition...is supposed to reflect the supposed extremities of true committal to all of a person. I don't know about the other parts of it - particularly the marked absence in the middle - though I'm sure it's going to turn out being something annoyingly obvious. Figuring these things out seems to work like that. Not that there's necessarily a hundred percent meaning in any of it - they're dreams, after all.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Two remembered dreams last night:

1) I have made a device consisting of three balloons, that allows me not exactly to fly, but rather to make superjumps, or some kind of controlled falling. I begin my first "flight" at night, and continue on until day. For some reason there are a lot of policemen around which I am trying to avoid, although it is not certain whether they are looking for me. Later I find myself flying over a run-down urban area, at which point I start hearing the voice of Carl Sagan describe the situation of the people of that area, and stressing that these are good people who try to get by in any way they can because they have no choice. After that I woke up. (Note: I have been rewatching Cosmos these days, so Carl Sagan is not that bizarre an addition to the dream.)

2) I am lying face up, probably on a bed, with two people next to me, one on each side. I am unable to move. There is some sort of evil presence in the room, it is not clear whether it has an actual, physical manifestation or it's just a feeling. But whatever it is, it has a corrupting, disfiguring influence on living things around it. A creature that probably used to be a dog, but now is something far more monstrous, jumps up on the bed and starts feeding on the (living) person to my right, who by now is also partly disfigured. Terror engulfs me and I look to my left, only to see the other person already changed, looking emaciated and sort of undead-ish, with a thick mane of hair and big, lidless eyes staring back at me. I woke up with a start and the feeling of terror stayed with me for several seconds.

I think I'm going to start keeping a systematic record of my dreams. I have bizarre dreams relatively often and I feel it's a shame to let these images and feelings be forgotten. Well at least their general idea, because I can never capture or hold on to their full awesomeness (or horror) after I wake up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Came up with a movie idea in a very vivid dream the other day, wrote it down a day later, gotta start fleshing it out. And tossed a notepad and pen into the drawer of my bedside table for future recordings (been in this place for a year now, had a notepad on hand in my old place but rarely used it...)
    I tend to dream in movies, by which I mean some people get abstract images or crazy night terrors, I seem to get disjointed narratives.
    Last edited by Fixer808; 02-11-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I had a crazy dream while napping on Saturday. Basically, I was set to start moving from Buffalo back to the beach. I had to head home to PA so I could pick up my car and finish packing. My sponsor would NOT stop calling me; he was trying to tell me that I'm in a real bad spot, that I'm on the verge of drinking again, etc. Very "hellfire and brimstone" sort of AA talk. Normally, in waking, I'd have been really frustrated and pissy about it, but not so in the dream. It was like water off a duck's (or dude's) back. The entire time, I'd listen to his voicemails/calls and find it comical that he thought I'd drink. I was totally like "nah, man. I got this. Sobriety is for me."

For the first time, on a subconscious, I was FINE with never drinking again.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Thank goodness I've found this thread because I was about to make a thread about lucid dreaming. It's kind of interesting yet incredibly ironic because I remember being good at lucid dreaming as child. I was also too young to even know what it was and I just forgot about it for such a long time until I looked up lucidity a few years ago. I can't say that I've ever mastered it again though, because I often end up experiencing sleep paralysis as an end result. It's either that, or I end up having intensified nightmares that I have a hard time walking up from. I also went through a few false awakenings whenever I was attempting lucidity. I obviously woke up from them by the time I noticed certain things I've never seen in real life in the dreams though.

It's rather peculiar and whimsical to see how clocks and mirrors appear in dreams, but that's what happens in dreams after all.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-18-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This morning at 5:30 am there was a goddamn fire drill which has a ridiculously loud, high pitched alarm. I managed to start dreaming about smoke alarms going off before I actually woke up. I kind of wished I was able to sleep through the whole drill.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The other night I dreamed that I had this little long-haired cat, and the kitty had this eye that kept popping out; it was this kinda pop-bead eye that was smaller than a normal cat's eye, and it'd fall out and I'd be, like, WTF, and I'd pop the cat's eye back on. The kitty did not seem bothered by this that much. I held the cat the whole time, protecting it, and its eye would just POP out on its own and I'd have to search around on the floor to find the cat's eye and haltingly figure out how to pop the cat's eye back in.