Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: C&B&I And What Might Have Been

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I wonder what possible Toronto venues might have been for 5 consecutive dates.
    Danforth Music Hall? Hummingbird Centre? Massey Hall reopening?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Five shows at Massey Hall would have been my preference, but it may have been two at Meridian Hall (formerly Sony Centre formerly Hummingbird Centre formerly O'Keefe Centre) and the rest at smaller venues like Danforth, or Rebel (aka the Docks, where HTDA played).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ Five shows at Massey Hall would have been my preference, but it may have been two at Meridian Hall (formerly Sony Centre formerly Hummingbird Centre formerly O'Keefe Centre) and the rest at smaller venues like Danforth, or Rebel (aka the Docks, where HTDA played).
    what about Roy Thompson Hall? or The Queen Elizabeth Theatre?

Anyway, so disappointed to learn this news. Toronto, like other cities needed multiple shows, its just incredible how fast anything Trent does selling out in this city. I really hope when things return to a time where shows are a thing that Trent keeps this plan in mind.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    what about Roy Thompson Hall? or The Queen Elizabeth Theatre?

Anyway, so disappointed to learn this news. Toronto, like other cities needed multiple shows, its just incredible how fast anything Trent does selling out in this city. I really hope when things return to a time where shows are a thing that Trent keeps this plan in mind.

Toronto will no doubt be on the list again. It's Vancouver I am concerned about being scrapped altogether. We don't usually get Nails shows, let alone multiple nights in a row. We're considered a B or C market city. Toronto is an A market city. You guys will get shows in 2021, 100%
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-22-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Toronto will no doubt be on the list again. It's Vancouver I am concerned about being scrapped altogether. We don't usually get Nails shows, let alone multiple nights in a row. We're considered a B or C market city. Toronto is an A market city. You guys will get shows in 2021, 100%
    you know i am so surprised at how Vancouver gets treated as far as tours go. I've always thought the city looks fantastic so why would bands keep it?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dear Trent,

Shows have been cancelled and we don't know when it will be possible to have awesome shows again, that's a fact!
    So, in the meanwhile why not throwing some filed projects to the fans, for example...the self destruct complete show that was never released, but you still have and were you pulled footage for Closure.
    I do understand you didn't like the final product, but i'm pretty sure it kicks fucking ass.
    If you don't want to release it yourself, maybe you can leave it on patio table (if you have one), so it can be taken by the same dark force that published the Closure DVD.
    Think about it...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    For someone who puts so much love and care into his live sound and setup, I'm surprised Trent hasn't done what Depeche Mode and Metallica and dozens of other bands have done and taped his live shows to be sold digitally on nin.com..

$15-$20 for a complete show in FLAC, WAV or MP3? They could make a fucking killing off that sort of action..

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    They were doing a nice stand in the Northwest. Been awhile since they have played Seattle, too. I think both of us will get shows. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    For someone who puts so much love and care into his live sound and setup, I'm surprised Trent hasn't done what Depeche Mode and Metallica and dozens of other bands have done and taped his live shows to be sold digitally on nin.com..

$15-$20 for a complete show in FLAC, WAV or MP3? They could make a fucking killing off that sort of action..

If they played 2009/2018 style setlists, I would buy every fucking show.....2013/2014 setlists....Not so much

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    That was a "Goodbye" tour for fans. The whole gang was there. Doubt we will see such a stellar show like that in Toronto (or ever again, lol).

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    That was a "Goodbye" tour for fans. The whole gang was there. Doubt we will see such a stellar show like that in Toronto (or ever again, lol).
    2018 was a goodbye tour?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    2018 was a goodbye tour?
    Oops, I meant to say a "Thank you" show rather than a Goodbye show; once in a lifetime moment, felt like they would stop touring for a long while after it, at least to me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    All the more reason to film them. So if they didn't record those six back to back LA shows, I don't see why you'd think "you don't do 5 back to back shows without a camera crew" for this tour,. Obviously I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but don't get your hopes up - that's all I'm saying.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Am I nuts or is that a Rob Sheridan design on that merch? At least Sheridan-esque.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.
    Primavera Barcelona 2021 has revealed an initial line up. I wonder if they will do the same for LA.

Jehnny Beth will be at Barcelona...
    Last edited by paul_is_dead; 05-27-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Incredible detective skills there.
    I had no idea he was planning on doing a festival show on his mini fall run.

Hoping the festival uses the same lineup planned and NIN agrees to play again and reschedules the same citys around that festival.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post

Jehnny Beth will be at Barcelona...
    Thanks for reminding me I need to go listen to this so called "Jenny Beth" I normally don't like NIN openers, but I'm always willing to give a Trent Reznor recommendation a try. Honestly, I think he picks really odd acts to open for them. Some strange head scratchers. Most of them I don't like, but every now and then one slips through the cracks that I enjoy.

Just found out about this band last week called AL1CE. Electronic band from the LA area actually.
    I think they would be FANTASTIC openers for NIN. I've gotten really into these guys the last few days.

Last edited by ManBurning; 05-28-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ugh I really hope there's European shows. No NIN for Primavera Barcelona.

I know this is a first world problem but if there are only shows in North America and there's another physical world pre-sale that's gonna be a pain in the ass for me.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Technically, they could keep the same dates then. Barring the venues already have stuff planned around there. But I assume most venues are rolling everything into 2021.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I wonder if we should make fake setlists and posters and stuff for these shows that don't exist. Maybe the shows existed in another reality?
    NIN seems to be about all their alternate universes these days.

I almost want to go down to the venue in town where the shows were going to be held on the dates and blast NIN on a stereo outside just for the "fuck of it" lol.
    Celebrate the shows that would have been.

maybe we can some up with some kind of "fake" tour.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I've been listening to the new Jehnny Beth record. It's fantastic! I really hope we still get the opportunity to see her open for NIN next year. She's an opening act I would show up for.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I wonder if we should make fake setlists and posters and stuff for these shows that don't exist. Maybe the shows existed in another reality?
    NIN seems to be about all their alternate universes these days.

I almost want to go down to the venue in town where the shows were going to be held on the dates and blast NIN on a stereo outside just for the "fuck of it" lol.
    Celebrate the shows that would have been.

maybe we can some up with some kind of "fake" tour.
    Definitely a new Bowie cover on the set list. I’d go for a TR version of Heathen or Killing A Little Time.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    A wild guess: they would've played Year Zero in full (but only once or twice, as it was with TDS and Broken).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think a live cover of their "Alt mix" of The Heart's Filthy Lesson would be particularly badass.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Definitely a new Bowie cover on the set list. I’d go for a TR version of Heathen or Killing A Little Time.
    I always wanted to hear a TR/AR/NIN cover of "Little Wonder." Just imagine how big the "Sending me, so far away, so far away
    So far away, so far away" moment would sound with an NIN type sound/epicness behind it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    How about a one off show where NIN did "Low" all the way through? That could be mighty good!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Everything - live debut. I know a lot of people don't care for this one, but I like it!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    How about a one off show where NIN did "Low" all the way through? That could be mighty good!
    Would love a full Bowie cover album tbh

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Everything - live debut. I know a lot of people don't care for this one, but I like it!
    It's one of the better tracks off Hesitation Marks. I never understood the dislike for this song. It's like NIN meets The Cure.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Would love a full Bowie cover album tbh
    I completely forgot god break down the door existed until this comment. why did you do this to me