Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 148

Thread: C&B&I And What Might Have Been

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I wonder what possible Toronto venues might have been for 5 consecutive dates.
    Danforth Music Hall? Hummingbird Centre? Massey Hall reopening?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,440
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    ^ Five shows at Massey Hall would have been my preference, but it may have been two at Meridian Hall (formerly Sony Centre formerly Hummingbird Centre formerly O'Keefe Centre) and the rest at smaller venues like Danforth, or Rebel (aka the Docks, where HTDA played).

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ Five shows at Massey Hall would have been my preference, but it may have been two at Meridian Hall (formerly Sony Centre formerly Hummingbird Centre formerly O'Keefe Centre) and the rest at smaller venues like Danforth, or Rebel (aka the Docks, where HTDA played).
    what about Roy Thompson Hall? or The Queen Elizabeth Theatre?

    Anyway, so disappointed to learn this news. Toronto, like other cities needed multiple shows, its just incredible how fast anything Trent does selling out in this city. I really hope when things return to a time where shows are a thing that Trent keeps this plan in mind.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,787
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    what about Roy Thompson Hall? or The Queen Elizabeth Theatre?

    Anyway, so disappointed to learn this news. Toronto, like other cities needed multiple shows, its just incredible how fast anything Trent does selling out in this city. I really hope when things return to a time where shows are a thing that Trent keeps this plan in mind.

    Toronto will no doubt be on the list again. It's Vancouver I am concerned about being scrapped altogether. We don't usually get Nails shows, let alone multiple nights in a row. We're considered a B or C market city. Toronto is an A market city. You guys will get shows in 2021, 100%
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-22-2020 at 03:08 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Toronto will no doubt be on the list again. It's Vancouver I am concerned about being scrapped altogether. We don't usually get Nails shows, let alone multiple nights in a row. We're considered a B or C market city. Toronto is an A market city. You guys will get shows in 2021, 100%
    you know i am so surprised at how Vancouver gets treated as far as tours go. I've always thought the city looks fantastic so why would bands keep it?

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dear Trent,

    Shows have been cancelled and we don't know when it will be possible to have awesome shows again, that's a fact!
    So, in the meanwhile why not throwing some filed projects to the fans, for example...the self destruct complete show that was never released, but you still have and were you pulled footage for Closure.
    I do understand you didn't like the final product, but i'm pretty sure it kicks fucking ass.
    If you don't want to release it yourself, maybe you can leave it on patio table (if you have one), so it can be taken by the same dark force that published the Closure DVD.
    Think about it...

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    1,371
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    For someone who puts so much love and care into his live sound and setup, I'm surprised Trent hasn't done what Depeche Mode and Metallica and dozens of other bands have done and taped his live shows to be sold digitally on nin.com..

    $15-$20 for a complete show in FLAC, WAV or MP3? They could make a fucking killing off that sort of action..

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    958
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Toronto will no doubt be on the list again. It's Vancouver I am concerned about being scrapped altogether. We don't usually get Nails shows, let alone multiple nights in a row. We're considered a B or C market city. Toronto is an A market city. You guys will get shows in 2021, 100%
    They were doing a nice stand in the Northwest. Been awhile since they have played Seattle, too. I think both of us will get shows. Fingers crossed!!!!!

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    901
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    For someone who puts so much love and care into his live sound and setup, I'm surprised Trent hasn't done what Depeche Mode and Metallica and dozens of other bands have done and taped his live shows to be sold digitally on nin.com..

    $15-$20 for a complete show in FLAC, WAV or MP3? They could make a fucking killing off that sort of action..

    If they played 2009/2018 style setlists, I would buy every fucking show.....2013/2014 setlists....Not so much

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    That was a "Goodbye" tour for fans. The whole gang was there. Doubt we will see such a stellar show like that in Toronto (or ever again, lol).

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    That was a "Goodbye" tour for fans. The whole gang was there. Doubt we will see such a stellar show like that in Toronto (or ever again, lol).
    2018 was a goodbye tour?

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    2018 was a goodbye tour?
    Oops, I meant to say a "Thank you" show rather than a Goodbye show; once in a lifetime moment, felt like they would stop touring for a long while after it, at least to me.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,579
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    That was a "Goodbye" tour for fans. The whole gang was there. Doubt we will see such a stellar show like that in Toronto (or ever again, lol).
    All the more reason to film them. So if they didn't record those six back to back LA shows, I don't see why you'd think "you don't do 5 back to back shows without a camera crew" for this tour,. Obviously I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but don't get your hopes up - that's all I'm saying.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,032
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Am I nuts or is that a Rob Sheridan design on that merch? At least Sheridan-esque.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.
    Primavera Barcelona 2021 has revealed an initial line up. I wonder if they will do the same for LA.

    Jehnny Beth will be at Barcelona...
    Last edited by paul_is_dead; 05-27-2020 at 06:42 AM.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,787
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.
    Incredible detective skills there.
    I had no idea he was planning on doing a festival show on his mini fall run.

    Hoping the festival uses the same lineup planned and NIN agrees to play again and reschedules the same citys around that festival.

    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post

    Jehnny Beth will be at Barcelona...
    Thanks for reminding me I need to go listen to this so called "Jenny Beth" I normally don't like NIN openers, but I'm always willing to give a Trent Reznor recommendation a try. Honestly, I think he picks really odd acts to open for them. Some strange head scratchers. Most of them I don't like, but every now and then one slips through the cracks that I enjoy.

    Just found out about this band last week called AL1CE. Electronic band from the LA area actually.
    I think they would be FANTASTIC openers for NIN. I've gotten really into these guys the last few days.




    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-28-2020 at 02:51 AM.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh I really hope there's European shows. No NIN for Primavera Barcelona.

    I know this is a first world problem but if there are only shows in North America and there's another physical world pre-sale that's gonna be a pain in the ass for me.

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Primavera LA is officially pushed back to 18-19 Sept 2021, unsure if NIN will still intend to be a part of this. Hopefully the aforementioned tour can just be slotted in then as well.
    Technically, they could keep the same dates then. Barring the venues already have stuff planned around there. But I assume most venues are rolling everything into 2021.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,787
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I wonder if we should make fake setlists and posters and stuff for these shows that don't exist. Maybe the shows existed in another reality?
    NIN seems to be about all their alternate universes these days.

    I almost want to go down to the venue in town where the shows were going to be held on the dates and blast NIN on a stereo outside just for the "fuck of it" lol.
    Celebrate the shows that would have been.

    maybe we can some up with some kind of "fake" tour.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    958
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've been listening to the new Jehnny Beth record. It's fantastic! I really hope we still get the opportunity to see her open for NIN next year. She's an opening act I would show up for.

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I wonder if we should make fake setlists and posters and stuff for these shows that don't exist. Maybe the shows existed in another reality?
    NIN seems to be about all their alternate universes these days.

    I almost want to go down to the venue in town where the shows were going to be held on the dates and blast NIN on a stereo outside just for the "fuck of it" lol.
    Celebrate the shows that would have been.

    maybe we can some up with some kind of "fake" tour.
    Definitely a new Bowie cover on the set list. Id go for a TR version of Heathen or Killing A Little Time.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,284
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    A wild guess: they would've played Year Zero in full (but only once or twice, as it was with TDS and Broken).

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,929
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think a live cover of their "Alt mix" of The Heart's Filthy Lesson would be particularly badass.

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,549
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Definitely a new Bowie cover on the set list. I’d go for a TR version of Heathen or Killing A Little Time.
    I always wanted to hear a TR/AR/NIN cover of "Little Wonder." Just imagine how big the "Sending me, so far away, so far away
    So far away, so far away" moment would sound with an NIN type sound/epicness behind it.

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    958
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    How about a one off show where NIN did "Low" all the way through? That could be mighty good!

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    680
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Everything - live debut. I know a lot of people don't care for this one, but I like it!

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    How about a one off show where NIN did "Low" all the way through? That could be mighty good!
    Would love a full Bowie cover album tbh

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,549
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Everything - live debut. I know a lot of people don't care for this one, but I like it!
    It's one of the better tracks off Hesitation Marks. I never understood the dislike for this song. It's like NIN meets The Cure.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,335
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Would love a full Bowie cover album tbh
    I completely forgot god break down the door existed until this comment. why did you do this to me

Posting Permissions