Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2500

Thread: David Bowie

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Giving Blackstar a big old spin today for its 5th birthday.

Time sure flies huh? I remember waking up hearing about David's passing like it was yesterday - this record holds up something fierce though still.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    World premiere of the filmed London production of Lazarus to live-stream beginning Jan. 8th as well.
    Anyone tuning in to this?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Giving Blackstar a big old spin today for its 5th birthday.

Time sure flies huh? I remember waking up hearing about David's passing like it was yesterday - this record holds up something fierce though still.
    It does. I can hardly believe it’s been that long.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Anyone tuning in to this?
    We caught Lazarus Saturday night. I thought I would never get the opportunity to watch this production with the original cast! After it was done, we switched over to the Bowie Celebration stream with plenty of time to catch Trent, Mariqueen, and Atticus do their thing! Did you catch Lazarus?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I really like Adam Lambert’s “Starman” from the Bowie Birthday celebration

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What is everyone's thoughts on The Metrobolist? Specifically the vinyl pressing, how does it compare to the other recent pressing of TMWSTW? That's one of the few classic Bowie records I still don't own, so I'm curious if I should buy TM or just stick with TMWSTW.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on The Metrobolist? Specifically the vinyl pressing, how does it compare to the other recent pressing of TMWSTW? That's one of the few classic Bowie records I still don't own, so I'm curious if I should buy TM or just stick with TMWSTW.
    It sounds great on vinyl. Highly recommend the new mix (and the old one will always be there, if you decide to take the plunge later). Haven't directly compared it with the 2016 pressing on 180-gram vinyl, but that also got great reviews and is only bettered by an original UK edition from what I understand. Why not listen to both mixes on streaming to see which one you prefer before dropping the coin?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Phoenix Festival '97 performance from twenty-three years ago (yesterday!), in an airfield outside Stratford-upon-Avon.

Quicksand
    The Man Who Sold the World
    Driftin' Blues/The Jean Genie
    I'm Afraid of Americans
    Battle for Britain (The Letter)
    Fashion
    Seven Years in Tibet
    Fame
    Looking for Satellites
    Under Pressure
    The Hearts Filthy Lesson
    Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
    Hallo Spaceboy
    Little Wonder

Encore:
    Dead Man Walking
    White Light/White Heat
    O Superman
    Stay
    Hooray!! Word is that this complete show (professional audio, for the first time) is going to be officially released Feb. 12th on 2xCD / 3xLP!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hooray!! Word is that this complete show (professional audio, for the first time) is going to be officially released Feb. 12th on 2xCD / 3xLP!

it's official!
    https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2021...ix-festival-97

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I snagged a vinyl copy pre-order, but it looks like they're going fast. I fear the predatory record-flipping set have caught on to how limited these sets are...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Sad. I was hoping a Phoenix Fest '97 release would be with the Tao Jones Index set in tow. No buy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I snagged a vinyl copy pre-order, but it looks like they're going fast. I fear the predatory record-flipping set have caught on to how limited these sets are...
    Yeah, I saw one of those $18 Brilliant Live Adventure cardboard slip cases going for $110 with shipping on eBay. Fuckers.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So I've been listening to Bowie's entire remastered discography this month and I think most of it sounds great. But what is with Hunky Dory? It sounds so small and thin compared to the other albums. If I only wanted to listen to the album straight through I wouldn't have an issue because I could just crank the volume but if I put a Hunk Dory track in with any of his other tracks in a playlist it's nearly inaudible. Ziggy is a bit thin as well but it is much less noticeable to me.

I'd love to get a new mix of both Ziggy and Hunky Dory. The other mixes turned out great for the most part (Space Oddity, Metrobolist, Station to Station, Lodger, Never Let Me Down 2018) so it'd be great to get more like that. Some people probably don't like them but the old mixes aren't going anywhere.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    So I've been listening to Bowie's entire remastered discography this month and I think most of it sounds great. But what is with Hunky Dory? It sounds so small and thin compared to the other albums. If I only wanted to listen to the album straight through I wouldn't have an issue because I could just crank the volume but if I put a Hunk Dory track in with any of his other tracks in a playlist it's nearly inaudible. Ziggy is a bit thin as well but it is much less noticeable to me.

I'd love to get a new mix of both Ziggy and Hunky Dory. The other mixes turned out great for the most part (Space Oddity, Metrobolist, Station to Station, Lodger, Never Let Me Down 2018) so it'd be great to get more like that. Some people probably don't like them but the old mixes aren't going anywhere.
    Same, dude. Similarly, not only is Diamond Dogs split into a different box set than Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane, it's also mastered significantly quieter. It's a really weird choice considering they're essentially a trilogy. That said, the new mix of Lodger is better in every conceivable way, and I love it so much.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Same, dude. Similarly, not only is Diamond Dogs split into a different box set than Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane, it's also mastered significantly quieter. It's a really weird choice considering they're essentially a trilogy. That said, the new mix of Lodger is better in every conceivable way, and I love it so much.
    I guess maybe its just the nature of those earlier recordings? But then again The Visconti mix of Space Oddity is excellent so go figure. Also the new John Lennon compilation sounds very good. I think if they can do that for him they could do it for Bowie. Lodger has always been underrated, I like it more than Heroes even. African Night Flight is so ahead of its time we still haven't caught up to it. And I like how the new Station to Station brings the vocals up in the mix. Word on a Wing, Bowie absolutely nails that track.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I watched the 50th Birthday Concert on YouTube tonight. One of the most memorable music moments for me ever, love that show. That "Hallo Spaceboy/Seven Years in Tibet" 1-2 punch. SO good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I watched the 50th Birthday Concert on YouTube tonight. One of the most memorable music moments for me ever, love that show. That "Hallo Spaceboy/Seven Years in Tibet" 1-2 punch. SO good.
    By far and away the best Voyeur of Utter Destruction ever performed. The visuals are ridiculous, but also perfectly so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so i went to buy look at the moon and it seems it's gone, is this thing sold out???

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Was that professionally filmed?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Indeed. There's even a couple of "dressing room" songs at the end. I saw it on Much Music back in the day, but they edited about 5 songs out.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just got my copy of LATM. So glad to finally get a 2CD live show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As a latecomer to discovering this series of live albums I’m not impressed about the limited availability or the inability to purchase them digitally (Birmingham and LATM anyway so far I’ve been able to find the other two on streaming services)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    New BLA is up.

"Something In The Air" - the Paris show they streamed last year, no new tracks.

Buy now or git gouged...

https://store.rhino.com/something-in...ir-cd-2lp.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    New BLA is up.

"Something In The Air" - the Paris show they streamed last year, no new tracks.

Buy now or git gouged...

https://store.rhino.com/something-in...ir-cd-2lp.html
    thanks for the heads up, this is madness, it's already pretty much sold out except for the CD (which is the one i wanted so at least i manage to get one of these). Still pissed i missed on LATM, it's a good one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    All that legacy management have in their toolbox is drip feeding unreleased stuff and artificial scarcity.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    All that legacy management have in their toolbox is drip feeding unreleased stuff and artificial scarcity.
    Yeah. I feel like Bowie would be pissed about the way this is being handled. And have you seen how awful their merch is? "Hey kids! You wanna Hunky Dory skateboard!?!?!? What about a Let's Dance BEER COOZY!!!! Nothing says 'one of the most talented artists in the history of music' like a Station to Station mouse pad!!!!!"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yeah. I feel like Bowie would be pissed about the way this is being handled. And have you seen how awful their merch is? "Hey kids! You wanna Hunky Dory skateboard!?!?!? What about a Let's Dance BEER COOZY!!!! Nothing says 'one of the most talented artists in the history of music' like a Station to Station mouse pad!!!!!"
    justin Bieber is still not wearing a Bowie fashion designer tshirt so I’m afraid we haven’t hit rock bottom yet

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Btw, what was the general opinion about this one... I think it's beautiful.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    justin Bieber is still not wearing a Bowie fashion designer tshirt so I’m afraid we haven’t hit rock bottom yet
    Oooh, maybe he'll wear the Princess Leia/Aladdin Sane shirt and ruin TWO good things!