Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2500

Thread: David Bowie

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Speaking of that tour... are there any soundboard recordings?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Enjoy! https://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951011.html

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Source 2 here has the complete NIN & Bowie sets. It's not soundboard but is an excellent recording. & you do get "A Small Plot of Land". I saw the tour a few days after this in Tacoma. Still 1 of the best shows I've ever seen.

https://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951021.html

PS: Reeves Gabrels is unreal good on the tape!
    Last edited by chuckrh; 06-26-2020 at 03:11 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Outside will always be my favorite Bowie album.

[braces for hurled tomatoes]
    I don't think I'd go quite that far but it's high up on the list for me. As stated above, the tour was amazing at least in the US. & I saw Bowie a real lot starting with the Serious Moonlight tour. Outside has aged real well. As with a lot of Bowie, he was way ahead of the rest of us.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Outside is my favorite album of his, too, actually.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Outside will always be my favorite Bowie album.

[braces for hurled tomatoes]
    definitely right there with you. I think Heathen and Low tie for second.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    What the fuck is up with so many Outside recordings starting part-way into Terrible Lie? Did they just walk out on stage and start playing with no intro whatsoever?
    I think they did actually if memory serves. Also, there are plenty of tapes where the tapers didn't start recording until Subterraneans. The tapers weren't hip to NIN, at least the older ones. For instance, JEMS did an excellent tape of Bowie in Tacoma but they didn't record the NIN set. That's why I like the Mt View show I mentioned earlier. It's got the whole thing. It's funny because there were plenty of shows where people left after NIN finished. I went with the evil ex & she whined the whole show about Bowie not playing the hits. It was a sign of things to come, haha.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, you can find a partial recording of NIN's set from the Dallas show here: https://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951013.html

NIN's full setlist for that night is unconfirmed. Setlist.fm shows that both Piggy (NCSMN) and Closer To God were played. However, ninlive only shows the Piggy remix.
    @ninlive, can you shed any light on this?
    Probably just a typo on my part. Most of the unconfirmed setlists were copied from Gladcarrot’s old site and other places on the internet. I am always hoping to confirm them with recordings. Hence why most shows do not have pages unless they have tapes.

Im trying to go back and upload Bowie’s sets as well for that tour. Just because it was a seamless performance, one into another. Plus, both Bowie and NIN collectors usually keep only one or the other sets. Which we’ve lost sets because of that. I want to change that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think this tour was one of the first tours TR started the whole “stage ambush” thing that he continued with Somewhat Damaged years later and kicked off the show while the house lights were still on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What the fuck is up with so many Outside recordings starting part-way into Terrible Lie? Did they just walk out on stage and start playing with no intro whatsoever?
    It's because they started the song like this:

No usual intro samples, just stick countdown and DADADADA Hey god! Of course tapers would be caught off guard. And the was no internet to warn other tapers beforehand.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Lol yes. What fillow said.

2006... it was nice to know going into the show it would start with the house lights on. I’d be pissed to have an incomplete tape.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's because they started the song like this:

No usual intro samples, just stick countdown and DADADADA Hey god! Of course tapers would be caught off guard. And the was no internet to warn other tapers beforehand.
    What’s interesting about this is they reprised this edit for the AATCHB live CD even though all the shows started with New Flesh / Pinion and had full Terrible Lie intro (even the DVD did)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm sure someone probably mentioned it, but I did not see it. Music On Vinyl is releasing Tin Machine II. Silver vinyl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the house lights were on (or it was still a bit sunny out if I remember). No band members on stage. Trent just walks out from the center of the stage from behind a curtain, walks right up to the microphone (maybe 10-15 steps) without pausing and screams "Hey God!" - right into Terrible Lie. I was right up front, but some of my friends had their back to the stage and missed the surprise entrance.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ Bahaha! Mike Garson is in pretty good form, there (even busts out a little bit of "Trust in the Law" from Watchmen at 26:00)!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    G-Eazy covering "Lazarus"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^Gross

Ouvrez le Chien is already 'out there' thanks to streaming sites existing in the part of the world where it's Friday already. Sounding pretty fucking great! Much better than the bootlegs from this tour. If only NIN's part of the set had been mixed like this, too...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^Gross

Ouvrez le Chien is already 'out there' thanks to streaming sites existing in the part of the world where it's Friday already. Sounding pretty fucking great! Much better than the bootlegs from this tour. If only NIN's part of the set had been mixed like this, too...
    It’s so good.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    G-Eazy covering "Lazarus"
    Way to turn a great song into something preppy teens can make sad faces to on Instagram.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Ouvrez le Chien is simply awesome! Pity that the NIN material (with & without Bowie) wasn't included. In reality, it was 1 long set. Marilyn Manson was the opening act here but I missed them due to horrible traffic on a work night. The venue is notorious for that. I saw all of the main event though. Reeves Gabrels was just stellar on that tour. The duet version of "Hurt" is an all time fave.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Ouvrez le Chien is simply awesome! Pity that the NIN material (with & without Bowie) wasn't included. In reality, it was 1 long set. Marilyn Manson was the opening act here but I missed them due to horrible traffic on a work night. The venue is notorious for that. I saw all of the main event though. Reeves Gabrels was just stellar on that tour. The duet version of "Hurt" is an all time fave.
    Pretty sure it was Prick and not Manson who opened this run of shows.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Pretty sure it was Prick and not Manson who opened this run of shows.
    I could've swore it was MM but I could be wrong. Anyway, I missed that part.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    And Under Pressure was already in the setlist, i find it’s bonus track inclusion to be superfluous, even if it was an old B-Side.
    Unfortunately the main set's version of "Under Pressure" is marred by mic issues afflicting Gail Ann's amazing co-lead vocal, so it's good to have the B-side version here as a bonus. Just wish this whole thing was available on CD! Burning my own, for now...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Just wish this whole thing was available on CD! Burning my own, for now...
    I sure hope they move forward with the box sets they have been doing and include this. Flawed though they are (missing the stuff on the 30th anniversary Diamond Dogs extra disc for example), I have enjoyed them. I imagine they'd only need to do 2 more to wrap up the collection, Tin Machine through Earthling and hours through Blackstar. Many of us around here have a special attachment to the outside/earthling era i would think.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    I sure hope they move forward with the box sets they have been doing and include this. Flawed though they are (missing the stuff on the 30th anniversary Diamond Dogs extra disc for example), I have enjoyed them. I imagine they'd only need to do 2 more to wrap up the collection, Tin Machine through Earthling and hours through Blackstar. Many of us around here have a special attachment to the outside/earthling era i would think.
    I think that’s why these live sets are streaming only for now, could easily see the next chapters box set with all four of the “new” 2020 releases

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    I'm finding a growing fondness for "Hours" with each passing year.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hours is great. Thursday's Child remains one of my top Bowie songs.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    95 to 03 is a criminally underrated Bowie era imo. Even though it's not his most successfull or popular, it's probably my favorite.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I could've swore it was MM but I could be wrong. Anyway, I missed that part.
    I was at the Tacoma show! Prick opened. I was 15 and lived in Lynden, WA up by the Canadian border. My mom went with me (she had seats, I was on the floor). It was my first time seeing NIN and only time seeing Bowie. Such a great show.