Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2500

Thread: David Bowie

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I just looked at what's on ninlive and it says "Complete with David Bowie's set as well."
    http://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951011.html

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I just looked at what's on ninlive and it says "Complete with David Bowie's set as well."
    http://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951011.html
    That's not accurate; at least not for the link actually provided.

People — just get a torrent client and go to Bowiestation.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    The download on ninlive has been updated with all the Bowie tracks. It's now the complete show in ideal quality.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anybody here bought the CD version of Is It Any Wonder?
    I bought the vinyl and there's no lossless digital version available.
    I'd really appreciate if someone had a lossless rip of the CD.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed the load of fantastic Bowie stuff dropping on a certain site (stringed instruments 101)? I haven't seen a lot of these before. I don't do torrents, so I may have missed them in that capacity. I saw a lot of shows in the Heathen/Reality years. That band was so great & Bowie was so friendly & at ease. The set lists were great too. I also got the first show of the "farewell to the hits" tour in vancouver. i drove up to bc for it. fantastic show & a lot longer than a lot of shows on that tour. & with adrian belew at his finest. there's some great ones from the reeves gabrels years, too. i got an excellent tape from the "outside" tour show i saw. got the nin part from ninlive & now have the bowie part. that show was just wild. even though it was largely more obscure & new stuff it was amazing. i took the evil ex gf & she complained about the lack of hits haha. sadly, sign of things to come. live & learn!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did anyone see the Nicholas Pegg emoji quiz? Fun, but not an easy one!
    https://twitter.com/NicholasPegg/sta...649605/photo/1

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    i think "chant of the ever-circling skeletal family" is the funniest one

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

looks like this standalone single came out too and changtesnowbowie is still coming out friday digitally.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Yes, just hoping they don't reissue the rest of Liveandwell.com too soon before I can find a sucker collector to buy my CD copy for $800...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First clip from the biopic movie 'Stardust' is online. Will be weird that the movie has no actual Bowie music in it as his family didn't give their blessing, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    First clip from the biopic movie 'Stardust' is online. Will be weird that the movie has no actual Bowie music in it as his family didn't give their blessing, but it is what it is.

Oh my fucking CHRIST that looks bad. "Hell yeah, I do!"

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Holy shit, I only got 30 and even that took a lot of brainmushing! It was fun, will look at it again in the morning...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ Yes, just hoping they don't reissue the rest of Liveandwell.com too soon before I can find a sucker collector to buy my CD copy for $800...
    i hope you found that sucker... er.. collector

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    i hope you found that sucker... er.. collector
    Not yet, but looks like a CD reissue is still yet to be announced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not yet, but looks like a CD reissue is still yet to be announced.
    well... https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2020...-streaming-now
    and I saw it on a somewhat illegal website where it's listed as 2020 remaster, not sure if that's the case but that would make sense if it's reissued

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    well... https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2020...-streaming-now
    and I saw it on a somewhat illegal website where it's listed as 2020 remaster, not sure if that's the case but that would make sense if it's reissued

It has 2 more songs now also

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    It has 2 more songs now also
    Sounds like this is a different version of "Hearts Filthy Lesson", as well. They're listing it as Phoenix Festival '96 and that's supposed to be the gig the CD version used as well, but they don't sound the same to me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So I came across this little nugget that certainly was new to me, so I'd thought I share it with my fellow ETS'ers for the chance it might be news to others. It's a quote by musician Bill Nelson, who - starting in the 70s - recorded a LOT of albums as a solo artist over the years and produced a few for others (Numan, for example). In '96 he released a heavily D'n'B influenced album, called "After the Satellite Sings". Here's the quote:

"The album was an attempt to fuse rock and pop songwriting with the then cutting-edge rhythms of 'drum n' bass'. The album apparently inspired and influenced David Bowie's later 'Earthling' album, (according to then Bowie collaborator and guitarist Reeves Gabrels)."

He collaborated with Reeves Gabrels on an instrumental album, so that might be where he picked that up. The album is fantastic, Nelson is a great guitarist and here are a few songs from it for you to judge for yourself on how it might have influenced Bowie on "Earthling":

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i've never listened to this^ bill nelson album but i'm familiar and a fan of his synth pop/new wave records from the 80s. looks like i should dig a little deeper into the 90s work!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yeah, his 80s stuff is where I started, too! The Love That Whirls probably being my favorite album of his from that period. It's a direction I wish Bowie would have gone in the 80s...

I recommend checking out Atom Shop from 1998! I feel Nelson had a creative peak there, combining samples from songs and TV shows of the 50s with all kinds of musical styles ranging from D'n'B to Jazz to psychodelic Pop while maintaining a kind of futuristic theme throughout.

Also, he put out a collection of unreleased songs from those sessions called Noise Candy. It's like 120(!) songs deep.
    Last edited by r_z; 05-27-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...nbury-coverage

Just seen this today - the BBC will be airing classic Glastonbury shows over a weekend at the end of June, and this includes the 2000 Bowie set in full.
    I have to admit I didn't pick up the DVD, so glad it will be getting a showing.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    No NIN? Boo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have good news and terrible news.

The good news is there’s a brand new live recording from The Outside Tour in 1995: https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2020...ming-next-week

The bad news? The NIN portion is missing

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Hmm, in addition it seems they performed "A Small Plot of Land" that night, but it's also missing from the track-list:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david...-53d5d371.html

Bowie is the listed producer, so I guess it's possible he picked the running order while he was still around.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The NIN set from that night was one of the few times they ever played Closer to God live as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Fuck. And A Small Plot of Land is my favourite Bowie song. Could at least have included the beginning of Bowie's set!
    And Under Pressure was already in the setlist, i find it’s bonus track inclusion to be superfluous, even if it was an old B-Side.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I imagine NIN's set wasn't included because of rights issues, and because they probably want to keep the focus on Bowie.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm assuming the tape ran out or something. Doesn't make sense to excise the end of the show if they have it.

Would have been nice if the NIN camp had also released a press statement about a live album from this show...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I'm assuming the tape ran out or something. Doesn't make sense to excise the end of the show if they have it.

Would have been nice if the NIN camp had also released a press statement about a live album from this show...
    The NIN portion was at the beginning of the show, though.

The end of the show is completely intact, save for a small plot of land which is missing.