Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
Results 1,801 to 1,811 of 1811

Thread: David Bowie

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Fuck I wish he was still around...

Have watched this a few dozen times over the past few years when feeling down or less than or when I need to be motivated to not be a slave to the wage.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Every time I think nobody could ever care to hear what I have to say and I'm not cut out to make art, I hear his voice and I know I can never abandon that dream.

Bowie LP historians, if any: What's your opinions on the 2017 and onward LP reissues? I hear varying things. I have the entire discography on CD from various releases, but I've decided to finally make that leap here too. Heard horrible things about Heroes being butchered and Low being too bassy. I picked up the latter the other day regardless, simply because it's one of my favorite albums and I need to flex my brand new turntable's muscles but haven't got around to listening yet (Will once I get some great new speakers this weekend).

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Every time I think nobody could ever care to hear what I have to say and I'm not cut out to make art, I hear his voice and I know I can never abandon that dream.

Bowie LP historians, if any: What's your opinions on the 2017 and onward LP reissues? I hear varying things. I have the entire discography on CD from various releases, but I've decided to finally make that leap here too. Heard horrible things about Heroes being butchered and Low being too bassy. I picked up the latter the other day regardless, simply because it's one of my favorite albums and I need to flex my brand new turntable's muscles but haven't got around to listening yet (Will once I get some great new speakers this weekend).
    Low: I love the new version. Tony Visconti said it was intentional to make it more bassy because that was what was originally intended but sonically they couldnt pull it off when they first recorded it.

Heroes: this was minor. Very minor. And they fixed it. sent new presses out. LP still sounds great.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    So I just submitted an order which will mean I have every Bowie studio album on vinyl with the exception of Earthling and Black Tie White Noise, which are currently out of print.

My guess is these will be reissued at some point in the next few years, simply because almost everything else in the catalogue has been. Does anyone have any insight into the likelihood of this?

I certainly don't want to spend $100+ on one of the OOP versions to find out a few months later it's being reissued.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    So I just submitted an order which will mean I have every Bowie studio album on vinyl with the exception of Earthling and Black Tie White Noise, which are currently out of print.

My guess is these will be reissued at some point in the next few years, simply because almost everything else in the catalogue has been. Does anyone have any insight into the likelihood of this?

I certainly don't want to spend $100+ on one of the OOP versions to find out a few months later it's being reissued.

Thanks!
    I'm not sure what the likelihood of this is, but I'm dying for Earthling to get a reissue! That's my favorite Bowie album (that's the one that made me a fan back in '97) and hunting down an original pressing is a nightmare

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

My guess is these will be reissued at some point in the next few years, simply because almost everything else in the catalog has been. Does anyone have any insight into the likelihood of this?

Thanks!
    My assumption is that is the next box set -- likely to be announced this Summer with a Winter release.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    My assumption is that is the next box set -- likely to be announced this Summer with a Winter release.
    Do the box sets contain the albums as standalone pieces (sleeve, liner notes, etc.), or are they just multiple LPs in a box set box?

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Do the box sets contain the albums as standalone pieces (sleeve, liner notes, etc.), or are they just multiple LPs in a box set box?
    they've been releasing the individual remasters from the box sets after the fact every time, so my guess is that will happen with the next set

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they've been releasing the individual remasters from the box sets after the fact every time, so my guess is that will happen with the next set
    Ah, gotcha. Very cool. Thanks, all!

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Yes, if @Toadflax is looking to buy just those two he'll probably be able to get them early next year. If he buys the box set in the fall — it's looking like there will be some Tin Machine thrown in as well!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Are we even sure outside and earthling will be on the next box?
    The last one was only 3 albums and there is quite some stuff done between 88 and 94, tin machine 1 and 2, buddha, btwn, they may stop at 94...