Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2500

Thread: David Bowie

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Noooooo where the hell is Tin Machine box?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Toy!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Noooooo where the hell is Tin Machine box?
    Development hell, presumably. At least we got La Cigale on streaming and the II album reissued on CD/vinyl.

This is still a HUGE amount of ground to cover in one box set. Probably going to be at least 16 LPs, even if they don't include the recently released 90s live albums:

Two for BTWN, two for remixes/B-sides
    Two for Buddha, two for 1. Outside
    One for Earthling, two for Liveandwell.com
    One for hours..., one for Toy
    Three for Re:Call 5
    Last edited by botley; 09-28-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Taking Era 5 up to 2001 seems odd to me. If nothing else he Toy/Heathen crossover would muddle things a bit, surely? Look forward to seeing what they come up with though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Heathen would mark where he started working with Visconti again.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Heathen would mark where he started working with Visconti again.
    I think there's at least one track from 2001 that Visconti had a hand in — he produced Bowie's vocal track for "Nature Boy" on the Moulin Rouge! soundtrack.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Taking Era 5 up to 2001 seems odd to me. If nothing else he Toy/Heathen crossover would muddle things a bit, surely? Look forward to seeing what they come up with though.
    They threw in "The Gouster", so I don't think that would be a real issue.

But, damn, how about that huge press release? I appreciate the candor and free sharing of info. Really hope we get some true, unreleased goodies for "Earthling", "Outside" and "hours...". In my stickiest dreams...we get "Contamination"...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Obviously I’ll hope that the 93-01 box includes a physical release of Ouvrez le Chien with the NIN portion.

My conjecture for the content:

1. Black Tie White Noise
    2. The Buddha of Suburbia
    3. 1. Outside
    4. Ouvrez le Chien
    5. Earthling
    6. Liveandwell
    7. Hours
    8. Something In the air
    9. Glastonbury 2000
    10. Toy
    11. Re:call 5

But who knows. Patterns break.
    Last edited by tricil; 09-29-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Continuing the existing pattern, they're gonna include VH1 and bbc London Theater shows, no?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Continuing the existing pattern, they're gonna include VH1 and bbc London Theater shows, no?
    Forgot about those. The London theatre show was on a limited Beeb right?

Also, Glasto 2000 fits in the time. Not sure if they’d really want FOUR hours shows in one box.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Forgot about those. The London theatre show was on a limited Beeb right?
    Yeah, in shortened form. They cut out about a third of it to fit onto one CD

Also, Glasto 2000 fits in the time. Not sure if they’d really want FOUR hours shows in one box.
    Glasto is the one I don't expect to be there, actually. They didn't include any other "new" live albums on the previous box sets (London 78, LA 74)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, in shortened form. They cut out about a third of it to fit onto one CD

Glasto is the one I don't expect to be there, actually. They didn't include any other "new" live albums on the previous box sets (London 78, LA 74)
    Because those were RSD releases that came *after* the boxes themselves.

They’d have needed time travel to include those two in their respective boxes.

By that logic, Changesnowbowie also fits the time frame but I don’t expect it included.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm scared including Toy means no Leon, which means this box is a no-go for me. No Leon, no buy. Unless making 2001 the upper limit means something that isn't Toy...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yea this seems super weird. The Era 5 boxset should only include the 90's records and there's already so much unreleased stuff from that decade. Then the Era 6 set would have Heathen, Reality, The Next Day and Blackstar plus Toy and whatever else they have unreleased during this that time.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'd be surprised should that set include the Leon stuff tbh. I'd love some more stuff like Is It Any Wonder? You know... actual unreleased songs, not just remixes or single edits (which this era sure has plenty of)...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    No Leon, no buy.
    Yeah I was thinking of how they'd have to include the 2000 live sets too, so there'd be no room for any extended Outside material aka Leon suites. At the end of the day this is what I would really love to see released, but at the same time I know it's unlikely.
    The Re:call disc could end up might packed as it is with soundtrack songs, remixes and what not. It'd be a shame if everybody came away disappointed with a severely edited set overall. Of course a bunch of this era is more readily available digitally, ie Real Cool World and BTWN singles at least... Oi! What a job to have to work all this stuff out.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Honestly, the point of these boxes has never been to dole out reams of unreleased stuff. It's about mopping up the studio albums and non-album tracks, canonical live albums, and maybe an unheard version of a studio album for a different perspective... or as bait, just to get fans who already own everything to purchase it again (pick one, depending how cynical you are). And then putting them all together on our shelves.

Given how rare it is to find decent copies of the 90s albums on vinyl these days, I can't see them stuffing this one with extras just to make it attractive. Vinyl fans are going to be drooling, no matter what. All they have to say in the press release is "vinyl pressing of Buddha of Suburbia exclusive to the box" and I'm hitting the pre-order button. I'd love to see the Leon suites get a full airing, too, but without Bowie's participation it's unlikely. I'll reiterate that the 2020 version of liveandwell.com seems like the only live thing that truly has to be in this set, and Toy makes the most sense as the already-completed, never-fully-released carrot to dangle for superfans that have everything else in their collections.
    Last edited by botley; 09-29-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What's the best version of Leon out in the world? I have a 3 track version with each track labelled as Suite. It's been a year or more since I've listened to it but I seem to remember one or two of the tracks had skips or weird lo-fi editing problems? Can anyone help me out with whatever the highest quality and full version exists. Many thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    More 1995 live stuff coming: https://twitter.com/davidbowiereal/s...552014848?s=21

I swear if we get the full NIN portion...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I went from lukewarm to pumped after watching this teaser, Jesus Christ I love this era, just seeing him in that Union Jack coat gives me chills...

I cannot overestimate how important Earthling was for 15 year old me in 1997!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    SIX new live albums from the mid-to-late 90s planned for this year, holy shit. So we've had Dallas '95 and Paris '99, and ChangesNowBowie from '97, any other guesses as to what will be in it? I'd love if the Phoenix festival show I linked earlier was in there, both main and "opening" sets...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I have no doubt that at least a few of them are the stuff that already in circulation as bootlegs, just properly mixed and remastered this time. Loreley 96, Dublin 95, London 99 come to mind immediately.
    Who knows, maybe they'll even release a 50th Birthday show and make a big deal of it. (Not sure if legal clearance of million special guest appearances would allow it though).

I think it's about time they should clear some video vaults too, like Pink Floyd and Led Zep did.
    Think about how amazing would be a 1978 live DVD box with all the proshot footage we know (Musikladen, Tokyo, Dallas) and who knows how much stuff we don't know about.
    Last edited by fillow; 10-02-2020 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well, here it is: https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2020...-for-pre-order

Ouvrez le Chien is coming. Still no NIN set.

Pro tip: Rhino store has cd&vinyl bundles. Bowie store does not.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    This means more room on the 90s boxset.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Maybe that's the plan? No live records this time since there's a wealth of other stuff?

If anyone can please help me, I'm still looking for the best and highest quality version of Leon

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That’s exactly what they’re doing. Especially because they’re selling empty boxes for this live series.

My conservative estimate of the new box 93-01 is this:

1. Black Tie White Noise
    2. Buddha of Suburbia
    3. 1. Outside
    4. Earthling
    5. Hours
    6. Toy
    7. Re:Call 5

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    If anyone can please help me, I'm still looking for the best and highest quality version of Leon
    Maybe this?
    https://archive.org/details/DavidBow...Edit--version2

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That’s exactly what they’re doing. Especially because they’re selling empty boxes for this live series.

My conservative estimate of the new box 93-01 is this:

1. Black Tie White Noise
    2. Buddha of Suburbia
    3. 1. Outside
    4. Earthling
    5. Hours
    6. Toy
    7. Re:Call 5
    I wonder if we'll get any new full album mixes...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post

Checking this out now. I Am With Name is the last track? I dig it so far

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Checking this out now. I Am With Name is the last track? I dig it so far
    I don't know much about it, to be honest. I only listened to this version of it last night. I had previously just heard bits of it on YouTube. I can def see why the record label rejected it, though.