Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2500

Thread: David Bowie

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

You can now recreate the Diamond Dogs vocal effect for free!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That was a desired effect? Was thinking that recording was victim of unfortunate damage like tape warp or something

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    That was a desired effect? Was thinking that recording was victim of unfortunate damage like tape warp or something
    Bowie was really into using all sorts of vocal effects processing on that album... the title track in particular, I think, is a tour de force! Tony Visconti had just set up his home studio in Hammersmith and that track was the first one they mixed with all his outboard Eventide gear that was brand-new in '74. Even a few years ahead of THAT snare sound on Low...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Had a chance to play Ouvrez le Chien on 2xLP today. Still sounding great, particularly Reeves' guitar leads! The next Brilliant Live Adventure is going to be announced on Friday. I'm expecting another show from the Outside tour — possibly The Point in Dublin?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone know the original tracklist for Metrobolist? I saw someone mention it somewhere else and I'm going to use it for the new reissue.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Does anyone know the original tracklist for Metrobolist? I saw someone mention it somewhere else and I'm going to use it for the new reissue.
    Pretty sure there's no difference in tracklisting between TMWSTW and what would've been Metrobolist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I found it...

1. The Supermen
    2. Saviour Machine
    3. Running Gun Blues
    4. She Shook Me Cold
    5. The Man Who Sold The World
    6. Black Country Rock
    7. The Width Of A Circle
    8. All The Madmen
    9. After All

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I found it...

1. The Supermen
    2. Saviour Machine
    3. Running Gun Blues
    4. She Shook Me Cold
    5. The Man Who Sold The World
    6. Black Country Rock
    7. The Width Of A Circle
    8. All The Madmen
    9. After All
    Interesting - where did you find this?

I wonder why they didn't bother to release Metrobolist with this order?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Someone mentioned it on another forum. Not sure where it came from

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Had a chance to play Ouvrez le Chien on 2xLP today. Still sounding great, particularly Reeves' guitar leads! The next Brilliant Live Adventure is going to be announced on Friday. I'm expecting another show from the Outside tour — possibly The Point in Dublin?
    Boy, they are really out of ideas with these album titles.

https://store.davidbowie.com/product...-birmingham-95

NO TRENDY RÉCHAUFFÉ (LIVE BIRMINGHAM 95) CD

is a previously unreleased live album recorded live at the Birmingham NEC 13th December 1995. This was the final show of the Outside tour in 1995 and was the first night of a five night festival promoted as "The Big Twix Mix Show”.

The set list features rare live performances of 'Jump They Say’ and 'Strangers When We Meet’. The album also features two versions of 'Hallo Spaceboy,’ the second of which was filmed as ’Spaceboy’ was the intended next single at the time. The video was never completed, as the track was subsequently remixed by the Pet Shop Boys for single release and an alternative promotional video made.

Excerpts from the show were broadcast by the BBC, and 'Moonage Daydream' and 'Under Pressure' were mixed by David Richards for release on the 'Hallo Spaceboy' CD single. Both versions on this album are previously unreleased, included here as played and mixed on the night they were performed.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The cover art. Wow.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I personally think "No Trendy Rechauffe" is a great title. If the next one makes a reference to one of my favorite Bowie songs ever, an Outside B-side called "Thru' These Architect's Eyes" I will be further pleased. I'll never get that it wasn't a "hit" song. It easily could have been, but instead Bowie put it into this strange Cyberpunk narrative that I never really deciphered, and maybe I like that about it.

Sorry, just looking for another opportunity to say that song is great.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-09-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Metrobolist sounds so fucking good on vinyl. I got the standard black version, did anyone luck out and get an alternative colour?

Between that, Is It Any Wonder?, plus Ouvrez le Chien and the I'm Only Dancing live albums from this year... I think I'm all set with new Bowie (for this year, anyway).
    Last edited by botley; 11-10-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I was hoping the other 1995 would be one with NIN that maybe they were waiting to announce around the time of the induction.

Did they play Spaceboy twice that night?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post

Yeah, they actually did it several times while capturing footage for the music video which was never finished.
    IIRC it happened at least once on DB+NIN tour as well (per gladcarrot's setlist reviews)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I was hoping the other 1995 would be one with NIN that maybe they were waiting to announce around the time of the induction.

Yeah, with the second take being released on a promo video:

There's an audience recording of the whole gig on Bowiestation and a few other clips on YouTube. Some interesting performances (including a weirdly off-kilter intro to "Breaking Glass"), but not enough variation from Ouvrez le Chien for me to double-dip.
    Last edited by botley; 11-11-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I have been thinking about this nearly every day since you posted it. "Nixonnnnn nowwwww..."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Réchauffé blows the socks off Chien, imo. Better performance, way better mix. They chose the wrong Outside show to put on streaming (and give good cover art).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally got a chance to listen to the Metrobolist release and wow...the new remaster is excellent. I'm noticing all sorts of tiny flourishes and ambience in the tracks I've never noticed before. It's like a layer of grime or muffling has been removed from the tracks. Very worthwhile remaster. At first I was very cynical about *another* remix of this classic album. But now I see why.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Liveandwell.com is next in the Brilliant Live Adventures series, and here I thought it was going to be a shoe-in for next year's 90s career-spanning box set. I don't know what to believe anymore!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    With a new cover, to boot... probably because the original art was made to CD sizes (you can tell they scanned the CD booklet cover for the digital release – or maybe it's from Google Images?). I enjoy liveandwell.com but I'm passing on this.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I'm going to wait and see, hopefully that Tao Jones Index Pallas Athena/V2-Schneider 12" is gonna be reissued one of these days...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so.... is there really no way to get No Trendy on vinyl now? Even if I want to pay a stupid price?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so.... is there really no way to get No Trendy on vinyl now? Even if I want to pay a stupid price?

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1229521362

This one?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    thank you, and that’s not even too unreasonable

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

rhino has a back in stock notification subscription, i would think it will be back in stock later

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    World premiere of the filmed London production of Lazarus to live-stream beginning Jan. 8th as well.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Man, they're really making room on the next boxset and its Re:Call discs for all those tons of remixes, aren't they?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Man, they're really making room on the next boxset and its Re:Call discs for all those tons of remixes, aren't they?
    Gee, I hope not. I expect a sort of 'best of' thing for remixes. They already collected most of them on BTWN 10th Anniversary bonus disc and 1995-2003 10CD boxset from 2007. Unlike all those 80s-era remixes which were spread across multiple digital EPs but not bundled together.