Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Jo Jo Rabbit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Jo Jo Rabbit

I just watched this.....it deserves every award it's gotten.

If you haven't seen it, give it a shot. I'm really surprised there isn't already a thread for this.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I just watched this.....it deserves every award it's gotten.

If you haven't seen it, give it a shot. I'm really surprised there isn't already a thread for this.
    Yea, thought this was really good and funny.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I loved the first half, but the film takes away its best element in the second half which is Waititi. There is a slow build-up with the tone it wants to achieve in the second half, so seeing less of him made sense, but dam I wish we would have gotten more.

Overall, me and my girl enjoyed this a lot. It was hilarious, fun, sad, and charming all wrapped into a little bundle.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I saw it in the theater and loved it. Very funny, charming, and unexpectedly powerful and touching, as well.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Gotta agree with you all here, it was unexpectedly touching although the tone was quite bonkers, especially for me being German and not used to such a humurous portrait of the topic. The movie had a really big heart and was rather unconventional. Waititi definitely is a good storyteller! I haven't been to the movies (apart from obvious comedies of course) where the whole floor was laughing, then again that laugh became stuck in our throats from time to time. Yet I don't know when I had such a good laugh in a cinema for a while. Glad I went with my favorite lady as we both enjoyed it alot. Bonus points for Sam Rockwell, he never disappoints!

The only thing that threw us off a tiny little bit was Scarlett Johansson's accent. What was that supposed to be? A weird mix of French, Russian and German? Whatever.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I had never even heard of it until I saw it on one of the awards shows. I keep meaning to check it out, but movies are a real struggle for me (never in my life have I had the attention span to sit down and watching something that long - it's not a "can't do anything without looking at the phone" thing, it's just my stupid brain).

Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    I highly recommend it.

It does a great job at dealing with the subject matter -I mean, that could have SO easily been misread, and it's like @Self.Destructive.Pattern and sonic discord said in terms of being funny, charming, AND sad.

I highly recommend it, and it was definitely one of our favorite movies, the mrs and me, of last year. It's SO entertaining
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-20-2020 at 02:18 AM.