Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If LimpBizkits Significant Other hadnt been released howd the 00s have been different

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't really think there was a grunge backlash. Let's look at the big four:

Nirvana- Kurt dies in the spring of 1994
    Soundgarden- Breaks up in 1996
    Alice In Chains- Effectively breaks up in 1996
    Pearl Jam- Their music becomes less commercial (except for Yield) with each new release up until the s/t in 2006.

The grunge-era just sort of morphed into the post-grunge era, with bands like Bush, Live, Foo Fighters, etc.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Backlash was maybe the wrong word to use. There was definitely a shift starting to occur around that time though, and I don't think Kurt being alive would have stopped it. Even he seemed to want to break out of the grunge box before he died.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

This song is unironically good tho.
    def. my favorite.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Since we on on the topic of the band, I have to ask, its been well documented from what I've heard that Fred used to be a giant asshole back in the day. Now, I know from reading from his interviews now that he's calmed the fuck down, either from it stemming from being humbled or, from what i heard, he was putting on an act. But what I want to ask is, since I have actually never seen or heard it myself, what sort of asshole things has he done because I sure as hell have never heard anything. Honest question. Don't say Woodstock either. That wasn't his fault.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Since we on on the topic of the band, I have to ask, its been well documented from what I've heard that Fred used to be a giant asshole back in the day. Now, I know from reading from his interviews now that he's calmed the fuck down, either from it stemming from being humbled or, from what i heard, he was putting on an act. But what I want to ask is, since I have actually never seen or heard it myself, what sort of asshole things has he done because I sure as hell have never heard anything. Honest question. Don't say Woodstock either. That wasn't his fault.
    Being irrelevant and an older man can do that to you.

This is probably one of his most ridiculous things of his career.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-20-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post

Woodstock was his fault....4 mins 40 seconds Jonathan Davis slams him and blames it all on Freddie boy

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well if Jonathan Davis says it...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    As mentioned before, there were so many things that happened at Woodstock 99 that was a dumpster fire. To say it was all because of Fred is kinda stupid and ridiculous despite how easy it is to hate on him. People were getting hurt and gang raped during Korn's set as well in memory serves me, Don't see that being mentioned. I don't see Jon mentioning trying to stop that. I would also take Jon's opinion with a grain of salt, seeing as this is the same person who went on Alex Jones podcast, calling Obama an Illuminati Puppet and one the things he says in the video is "I'm not much of a political person, I don't know that much about it."

I should also mention that during said concert, Fred, like most people should, encourage the audience to be safe.

"Don't let anybody get hurt. But I don't think you should mellow out. That's what Alanis Morissette had you motherfuckers do. If someone falls, pick 'em up."

And you know what? I agree with Durst about not being able to see anything bad out when there is THAT many people out, how are you suppose to see anything like that? It's hard enough alone it as it is in venues and arena's but at a festival
    with 400,000+ people? How the fuck are going to notice a problem with that one person in the crowd?

It also wasn't just Bizkit's set that caused violence, don't forget the bonfires that started happening during the RHCP set, trashing the set to add fuel to the fire.

And as mentioned before, the prices for the food were a problem, it was over 100 degress F there, there was no shade, the lines for the free water fountain were so massive that some people broke the pipes to provie to the others still in line, the toletes were overflowing and left unusable...Again, it's very ignorant to blame all of Woodstock on Fred alone. The whole show was just a big dumpster fire

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Well if Jonathan Davis says it...

Well considering he was backstage with Fred before and after the show and was standing on the side of the stage 10 feet away as the shit went down...I'd say his opinion is more credible than a guy watching it on pay per view or youtube

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Well considering he was backstage with Fred before and after the show and was standing on the side of the stage 10 feet away as the shit went down...I'd say his opinion is more credible than a guy watching it on pay per view or youtube
    You mean the full set that anyone can watch? As has been mentioned here and countless other places, these shitty things (property destruction, sexual assault, etc.) were happening before, during, and after Limp Bizkit played. Laying it totally at their feet seems a bit odd.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    While I don't particularly like Durst, he was never in the wrong here. It was just a perfect storm of being in the wrong place at the wrong moment, playing one song that caused the band to become scapegoats for something they would never in a million years intend. If they didn't play 'Break Stuff', the crowd would still have done the same things. Who would get the blame then?

Life isn't that simple.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Even now, John Scher, the festival’s promoter, doesn’t mince words when it comes to Limp Bizkit.You had a cheerleader in Fred Durst, who, if I haven’t said enough times, is a complete asshole,” Scher said. “Fred Durst was a moron. He was out of his mind. He was completely out of his mind.”

The Limp Bizkit performance sent hundreds of kids from the mosh pits to the medical tents. Brian Hiatt was there, covering Woodstock ’99 for a website called Sonicnet. He later investigated the festival for a year. I watched the Limp Bizkit set,” Hiatt said. “Fred Durst, in not a great moment of judgment, basically told the crowd to tear shit up, which they did, and ripped pieces off a sound tower and were surfing on them. I then went to the medical tent and saw weeping kids who had been injured in the mosh pit and talked to medical staff who were just overwhelmed with kids injured in some of the craziest mosh pits ever. They had kids going in the medical tent telling the doctors, ‘They need to stop the show, this is the scariest thing I’ve ever seen.’”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    he was also a meth’d out junkie. One that became jealous of LB’s success after being the “pioneers” of the genre.

Edit: oh and the promoter is placing blame away from himself? I am SO. SHOCKED.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    he was also a meth’d out junkie. One that became jealous of LB’s success after being the “pioneers” of the genre.

Edit: oh and the promoter is placing blame away from himself? I am SO. SHOCKED.

1) JD was already sober by that time even though I could care less about Korn

2) I don't think anyone on planet earth was ever jealous of anything LB ever did

3) You're defending Fred Durst and LB dude lmfao. Check yourself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1) JD was already sober by that time even though I could care less about Korn

2) I don't think anyone on planet earth was ever jealous of anything LB ever did

3) You're defending Fred Durst and LB dude lmfao. Check yourself

yet Head left the band years later due to the ongoing drug use.

and you’re defending Jon Davis, so...
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 05-21-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is the equivalent of saying that The Who were at fault for people dying at a show in 1979. Or that Billy Corgan is personally responsible for a Pumpkins fan getting crushed to death in the pit. Or countless other tragedies.

Durst himself has said that he had no idea what was going on. There were hundreds of thousands of people in the crowd and he was giving the performance his all, not being a fucking policeman. He even told them to chill the fuck out and lose their negativity. Everything they did is on them, not him.

As has been stated previously several times, the crowd had adopted mob mentality before Limp Bizkit even took the stage. LB were only accused of being the instigators because their set was violent and they played Break Stuff.

If NIN had played March of the Pigs in a similar situation, would they also have been blamed? Lyrics like "I want to break it up/I want to smash it up/I want to fuck it up" are just as provocative.
    Last edited by katara; 05-22-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Even now, John Scher, the festival’s promoter, doesn’t mince words when it comes to Limp Bizkit.You had a cheerleader in Fred Durst, who, if I haven’t said enough times, is a complete asshole,” Scher said. “Fred Durst was a moron. He was out of his mind. He was completely out of his mind.”

The Limp Bizkit performance sent hundreds of kids from the mosh pits to the medical tents. Brian Hiatt was there, covering Woodstock ’99 for a website called Sonicnet. He later investigated the festival for a year. I watched the Limp Bizkit set,” Hiatt said. “Fred Durst, in not a great moment of judgment, basically told the crowd to tear shit up, which they did, and ripped pieces off a sound tower and were surfing on them. I then went to the medical tent and saw weeping kids who had been injured in the mosh pit and talked to medical staff who were just overwhelmed with kids injured in some of the craziest mosh pits ever. They had kids going in the medical tent telling the doctors, ‘They need to stop the show, this is the scariest thing I’ve ever seen.’”
    Not mention the report of rape during LB's set and a gang rape during Korn's set. Think these are much worse than some broken wood off sound towers.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    yet Head left the band years later due to the ongoing drug use.

and you’re defending Jon Davis, so...

Head left because of HIS ongoing drug use and because he found heavenly father