Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Labyrinth 2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The Labyrinth 2

“Doctor Strange” helmer Scott Derrickson has been set to direct a sequel to Jim Henson’s “Labyrinth” which is currently in the works at TriStar Pictures.

I'm excited by this news, especially with the resurgence of quality work from the Henson company. I'm sad that Bowie won't be able to work on the score, so I'm pitching for Trent to help out. The Labyrinth soundtrack was a great gateway intro into the world of Bowie for a whole new generation of kids. I think the same should happen with Trent. Plus, its something his kids could enjoy. **hint hint nudge nudge**

As far as resurrecting The Goblin King in the movie, my vote would go to Tilda Swinton. Perfectly androgynous and unsettling! Plus, she's a Bowie friend that would have had his blessing, I think.

Now, for that soundtrack...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    “Doctor Strange” helmer Scott Derrickson has been set to direct a sequel to Jim Henson’s “Labyrinth” which is currently in the works at TriStar Pictures.

I'm excited by this news, especially with the resurgence of quality work from the Henson company. I'm sad that Bowie won't be able to work on the score, so I'm pitching for Trent to help out. The Labyrinth soundtrack was a great gateway intro into the world of Bowie for a whole new generation of kids. I think the same should happen with Trent. Plus, its something his kids could enjoy. **hint hint nudge nudge**

As far as resurrecting The Goblin King in the movie, my vote would go to Tilda Swinton. Perfectly androgynous and unsettling! Plus, she's a Bowie friend that would have had his blessing, I think.

Now, for that soundtrack...
    I don't know... this all seems like a bad idea to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An interesting idea if it turned out to be a great film. Though, the odds are against it. I would imagine Trent and Atticus may be very hesitant to take it on, assuming they're even offered the thing. The threat of following up a classic Bowie film and having it turn out poorly would probably be enough to keep Trent away. If it looks to be something truly special and is in capable hands, then maybe it's a possibility.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I cannot think of any reason why they would even be considered for this movie. I don't think anyone involved would suggest them for the part and I don't think they'd do it if it were on the table.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You remind me of the pig (what pig?)
    The pig with the power (what power?)
    The power of voodoo (who do?)
    You do (do what?)
    Remind me of the pig

I saw my piggy, crying hard as pigs could cry
    What could I do?
    My piggy’s love had gone
    And left my piggy blue
    Nobody knew
    What kind of magic drug to use
    Slime and snails
    Or puppy dog tails?
    Thunder or lightning
    Then piggy said

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Put that piggy’s spell on me
    Fuck magic, fuck (fuck magic, fuck)
    Fuck magic, fuck (fuck magic, fuck)
    Put that magic fuck on me
    Last edited by shagg_187; 05-27-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm 100% not on board.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    They're doing Soul. Wouldn't be surprised if they scored a few kids movies here and there. Trent has children, after all.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You have to remember that Labyrinth was a box office flop who got mixed reviews at best. It's only later that it became a cult classic.

And it's a complete story in itself. My feeling is that this sequel is totally unnecessary.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Did anyone expect The Dark Crystal sequel series to be anywhere near as good as it ended up? I don't know if the same people would be involved with this, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    And it's a complete story in itself. My feeling is that this sequel is totally unnecessary.
    There is a prequel comic that I enjoyed, even though some of it is a bit too much in the "let's answer questions that dumb people ask" category (e.g. pointless origin stories for some of the characters in the movie).

But a sequel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Did anyone expect The Dark Crystal sequel series to be anywhere near as good as it ended up?
    It was a prequel series. And I found it to be rather disappointing in places. They invented a lot of back story that is nowhere in the actual movie, and IMHO it didn't always work. Lots of Dark Crystal comics, yet they seemed to have avoided those and the prequel series contradicts lots of them.