Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dispatches From Elsewhere (2020)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Dispatches From Elsewhere (2020)

I'm surprised I didn't see a thread on this, but Atticus, Leopold, & Claudia did the music for the AMC show, "Dispatches From Elsewhere".
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8965666/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

It's actually quite a good show, starring Jason Segal, Sally Field, Andre3000, Eve Lindley and the one & only Richard E. Grant. The season finale is Monday the 27th. Curious if anyone else is watching.

The score is some of the strongest work I've seen from Atticus tbh. Really enhances the show and is quite moving. Disappointing that I have been unable to find anything from it online.
    Last edited by halo33; 04-21-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://filmmusicreporter.com/2020/0...o-be-released/

Lakeshore Records will release two soundtrack albums for the AMC original series Dispatches from Elsewhere. The albums feature the show’s original music composed by Academy Award winner Atticus Ross (The Social Network, Gone Girl, Watchmen, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Leopold Ross & Claudia Sarne (The Book of Eli, Earthquake Bird, Broken City) . The soundtracks will be released digitally next Friday, May 1.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Two albums?! This Friday?? Awesome news, thank you for sharing.

Also, this is a good kick in the pants to finally check out Dispatches From Elsewhere – has always looked like a super cool show, even before I knew of The Family Ross' involvement.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    YES! Great news. I'll definitely be picking it up.

The finale sure was....different..
    Rare to be surprised by a show these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://theplaylist.net/dispatches-f...usic-20200430/ allows you to preview one of the tracks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    https://theplaylist.net/dispatches-f...usic-20200430/ allows you to preview one of the tracks.
    Whoa! Great track. Dare I say some of The Ross fam's best work.

Also, according to that article, the first album is out today(!!) which is apparently the more electronic-oriented of the 2 whereas the second album (out tomorrow) is more guitar-based. Cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Things Lakeshore Records have done today: updated their Twitter and Facebook banner with a promo image for these soundtracks, noting that you can stream both via Spotify and Apple Music.

Things they haven't done: released these soundtracks via Bandcamp (which today is donating all its fees to the artists). I want to buy these albums!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I messaged them on Instagram asking if they were going to release these soundtracks on Bandcamp because I wanted the artists involved to get 100% of the profits, and they deleted my message..

Then I re-messaged them the same thing, and also asked them if they had figured out how to release the Patriot’s Day score on vinyl yet, and they deleted that one as well. They’re not a very considerate record label, in my humble opinion..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I messaged them on Instagram asking if they were going to release these soundtracks on Bandcamp because I wanted the artists involved to get 100% of the profits, and they deleted my message..

Then I re-messaged them the same thing, and also asked them if they had figured out how to release the Patriot’s Day score on vinyl yet, and they deleted that one as well. They’re not a very considerate record label, in my humble opinion..
    WOW. That's fucked up.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It’s whatever. I had a gift card for the iTunes store someone gave me back at Christmas, and just used it to buy this score collection that way. Glad I did, because it’s pretty great..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    This music is so good. I would buy this on vinyl in a heartbeat. "Memory To Media" was the one that killed me every time it came on the show.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh man i can't wait to watch this show

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh man i can't wait to watch this show
    I'm halfway through it and it's utterly beautiful television. They also gave a lead role to an trans actor and so far have not pulled the typical hollywood "look we have a trans character now" shit. It's really wonderful, dude.

The soundtrack gives the Watchmen soundtrack a good run for its money too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm halfway through it and it's utterly beautiful television. They also gave a lead role to an trans actor and so far have not pulled the typical hollywood "look we have a trans character now" shit. It's really wonderful, dude.

The soundtrack gives the Watchmen soundtrack a good run for its money too.
    This is my 2nd favorite soundtrack after The Social Network. Bravo Atticus

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

There is something about the E-bow.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    There is something about the E-bow.
    best $100 i ever spent in high school. i've had mine for 19 years and i still use it pretty regularly.

glad atticus likes it, not just trent haha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Elsewhere Society volume is definitely one of my favorite things he's done, I'm enjoying this more than the recent Ghosts releases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so glad they were able to create a double album release for this soundtrack. Listening to the track Elsewhere feels like getting a warm hug. I just want to stay in the embrace of the soundscapes and melodies.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not really related to the music, but I finally got to the finale of this show tonight and it was a really beautiful way to end the show. Everything about this show, especially the soundtrack, really knocked it out of the park.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

Ive sent them a few DMs asking about the Patriots Day vinyl over the last couple of years -- at first they would respond with "We don't have any updates but we hope to release it soon"

They finally sent me a response the last time I asked saying "Ha!" that was it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lol sounds like Lakeshore..

Any time they release something I want, I go out of my way to buy it second-hand so that way they aren't getting the money. Can't respect myself supporting a vanity label that can't get its shit together..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just finished the show! i loved it. sarah loved it until the last episode, which i understand, but i still think it was an interesting way to end it.

also, it was just...it was so nice to have a story with a trans woman whose trans-ness wasn't the entirety of her character. needless to say, i really related to her.

hope the score gets pressed on vinyl, there's some amazing music in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just started listening to this, Occasionally Scared is stunning. That piano.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Reznor2112;495608]Ive sent them a few DMs asking about the Patriots Day vinyl over the last couple of years -- at first they would respond with "We don't have any updates but we hope to release it soon"

They finally sent me a response the last time I asked saying "Ha!" that was it.[/Quote/]

Wow. Maybe it's tied up by someone on the film companies side?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just gave this a listen - all good stuff as always. Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is getting a vinyl release at the end of the month. Can only find UK stores that have it for pre-order. It's being put out by Invada, but not on their site yet.

https://www.resident-music.com/collection&path=34756

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    This is getting a vinyl release at the end of the month. Can only find UK stores that have it for pre-order. It's being put out by Invada, but not on their site yet.

https://www.resident-music.com/collection&path=34756
    I wish they'd gone bigger with this; this show's physical score should have a ton of weird shit to match the vibe of the show, or at least blue and orange vinyl...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    why cant i get into atticus' soundtracks lol
    they seem to lack something compared to the ones with trent and im just questioning if i am just biased or does trent really creates the perfect music for me
    Last edited by Wulgaren; 10-15-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    why cant i get into atticus' soundtracks lol
    they seem to lack something compared to the ones with trent and im just questioning if i am just biased or does trent really creates the perfect music for me
    I'm not usually that big of a fan of his stuff without TR, but I've been listening to these a lot over the past few months.