Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Quibi

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Quibi

Since this launches on Monday with a pretty sick looking selection of shows, thought it'd warrant its own thread. I love the concept of this.

For those unaware, it's 50+ shows, some reality, sports, news, etc. but actual series too (with pretty big names)...episodes are 7-10 min each, and will release every day. So if you're bonkers about something you can watch every day...or you can wait a week and you'll have ~45-50 min of content to watch like a normal weekly show.

Last edited by october_midnight; 04-03-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I hate the entire idea of this service.

I'll just leave this here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I have a son, so I'm pumped. The ability to watch stuff in this time format is perfect for us since we can rarely get in a full episode of anything. I'm a cinephile as much as the next person and hate watching on smaller screens, but yeah...Lynch can kiss the fattest part of my ass lol.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I hear you, it's just hard to feel like this isn't just enabling short attention spans and making things worse in that department.

Of course i know that some people can't help it either because of busy lives or mental health reasons and everything.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh definitely, this is 100% the product of the attention spans of today's average person being that of a small rodent, to be sure. lol.

Definitely going to cast this to our 65" TV though, I ain't watching jack shit on my iPhone haha. Still, so far so many of the shows seem fantastic, and the fact that every single day there's going to be what, like 5 more hours total of content? Works for us lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    We're already living in a shortened attention span era. haven been for the past 5 years or so. Snapchat, vine, Instagram stories, now Tik Tok. Music too (long symphony music morphed into short pop music over a long period of time) . I think at this point, nothing enables it, it just confirms it more than anything.

as someone who watches 4 hour movies like they're nothing, I hope it isn't the way going forward, but on the other hand, I can admit it already is the way going forward.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    If they don't have Kiefer Sutherland yell, "We're running out of time to catch him!" then they're doing it wrong.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL wowwwww just saw that. Too bad, there were a few shows that were actually pretty decent.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Dam.. Must have really been problems. Lost 92% of its subscribers after the trial periods ended and it only launched in April next Peacock which showed a surge in subs in July.

I'm juggling 3 services at the moment and it is still almost 100 dollars cheaper than a cable package.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)