Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Code Orange

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Code Orange

The new album has been getting a toooon of love in the Metal thread, so I think CODE ORANGE finally deserve their own thread.

Gonna repost the LAST ONES LEFT Live Stream just cause it's that fuckin' good.

Also, not sure if anyone else noticed it (as it somehow slipped under my radar) but they've also launched a full on series of live stream events called YOU AND YOU ALONE. The first performance was last night apparently, and was an "improvised" performance from Shade. Looks like after each of these performances, they're going to release a shirt for it and the shirt comes with a digital recording of the event.
    https://www.twitch.tv/codeorangeofficial

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shade's stream was ok (didn't watch live, it was right when my son goes to nap lol) but FWIW it was just some synth work and noodling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would also check out their previous albums. Especially Forever

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the good ol' days...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    five years later & they're utterly annihilating the same place:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Great band and they've only gotten better. They've shown such maturity and growth over the years it's really astounding.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Here's the video of Shade's performance from the other night. I've had it playing in the background for a while now and honestly it's pretty damn good.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/580057466

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

The band was on at the start of the WWE NXT TakeOver: In Your House PPV tonight. 'Twas good.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-07-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm such a fucking mark for this band, I swear. Even though WWE is a shit company, it's really cool to see them continually giving Code Orange a platform. I think HHH is genuinely a fan of them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Love hearing this band, hate watching them. A lot of their stuff feels rather forced.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Their bassist is straight up clown shoes. That whole thing was so cringe. Still love the music, but this was a bad look imo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The whole band trying so hard to look as "bad guys" is cringe, songs are good but they're looking like a bunch of kids who just discovered Slipknot and acts like they're pure devil in school.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Scored both of the translucent green cassettes today for The Quarantine Tapes project.

Anyone interested in the download files for them, shoot me a DM. Happy to spread these since there are essentially only 50 official download codes for each tape.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oh hell yes, that must be the feature length companion movie that Shade made. Should be fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wooow even better than the companion movie. This should be pretty sick. I'm betting this is gonna be more like the NIN Still performance than anything else. Really love how this band just keeps pushing forward with original shit while being forced not to tour.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Wooow even better than the companion movie. This should be pretty sick. I'm betting this is gonna be more like the NIN Still performance than anything else. Really love how this band just keeps pushing forward with original shit while being forced not to tour.
    “...a brand-new livestream event, which follows their groundbreaking empty venue record release show livestream, “LAST ONES LEFT: In Fear of The End.” It is Set to broadcast live via Code Orange’s Twitch channel on July 30th.
    Conceptually akin to classic MTV Unplugged performances, but with nightmarish digital twists and turns, “UNDER THE SKIN” will broadcast live from The Theatre Factory in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Exclusive merch along with a new limited-edition vinyl pressing of Code Orange’s new LP, UNDERNEATH, will be available during the livestream event via Code Orange’s Webstore.”

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

This was a blaaast to watch. Really loved the MUDbangers Ball ep before hand. Id say that some songs didn't translate as well acoustically, while others really did. The AIC cover was fucking great. Kinda hope they record these and put out studio versions.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Under The Skin was released today as an official newly mixed and mastered album and it sounds significantly better than the raw audio from the stream, for anyone interested.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This one's gonna be so good. Super stoked to see that they've got the openers from the canceled Underneath tour playing as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Their presentation really is pretty rad.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Their presentation really is pretty rad.

That whole live stream was the best I've seen during the Pandemic. They created something extremely fucking cool and original . They've released the prior two streams on DVD on their website, but I'm hoping they offer this one on Blu-Ray too. It was so good. Also, Machine Girl's opening set was a total 10/10 as well.

I keep saying it, by the time touring opens back up, the hype on Code Orange will be THICK and they'll soon find themselves inching closer and closer towards a household name. It's unbelievably exciting to watch in real time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yea I've been watching this band grow for a few years now and it's cool to see them reaching this point. Power Trip were coming up right along with them and I thought both bands would spearhead a new heavy revival. I'm still depressed about Riley... But I agree that Back Inside the Glass was the best of their virtual events this year. It felt like a show experience in my bedroom. Can't wait to see where they go from here.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    New track and it's a fucking B A N G E R.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sounds like Powerman 5000. This is not a compliment.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't hear the PM5K comparison at all.

If anything it sounds like 90s era Fear Factory with a little bit of Broken era NIN. It's funny though, everyone said the exact same things when they dropped Underneath as a single on the last cycle and then by the time the album came out everyone was back on board.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Sorry, but the verse is insanely similar both in tone and vocal delivery.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Code Orange is the weird case of a band that were more matured when they were teenagers. This video is the reminiscence of the worst part from the 90's.