Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: With Teeth: Tentative Sequence

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, I see that we certainly kept you busy going back and forth on the Wiki edits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Our OCD is not to be messed with!
    I fully admit that I've been a little bored in my downtime lately. LOL.
    Last edited by piggy; 06-15-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I fully admit that I've been a little bored in my downtime lately. LOL.
    If I didn't get back to work this week, I'd have been dangerously close to building a better fake - just to show how to do it in a way that, at the very least, would be harder to disprove. I would criticize the use of the DE audio as an amateur move, but by that same token, not immediately checking against the DE audio was a pretty rookie move on my part, so no throwing stones in glass houses

Central Europe. You know, the epicenter of all evil.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    If I didn't get back to work this week, I'd have been dangerously close to building a better fake - just to show how to do it in a way that, at the very least, would be harder to disprove. I would criticize the use of the DE audio as an amateur move, but by that same token, not immediately checking against the DE audio was a pretty rookie move on my part, so no throwing stones in glass houses

Nah, if I'd invest all that time, I'd suggest to go real sneaky, make up an entire different fake NIN version of choice, upload it and then sit down and watch ETS unfold while having a good glass of wine.

... or you could get another hobby

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Some guy did that last year with a bogus TDS-era remix album, then got run out of town for trying to pass it off as legit, I remember..

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Then you remember wrong.

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    No, I remember just fine, thanks. We haven't seen them since. Katana or whatever their name was..

The sad thing is, those remixes were actually pretty good. Maybe if they'd have released it on Archive.org instead..

*Edit* It was this person (Katara): https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...rs/2232-katara

Hasn't been around since September of last year. The ironic thing is, their very last post is claiming someone uploaded it to Archive.org without their consent. Hmm, that's a curious twist..
    Last edited by Prettybrokenspiral; 06-16-2021 at 03:26 PM.