Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trent leaves shithole website; Professional troll pays $44B to respond with sick burn

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Trent leaves shithole website; Professional troll pays $44B to respond with sick burn

Trent Reznor on Desire to Bail on Twitter After Elon Musk Takeover: “We Don’t Need the Arrogance of the Billionaire Class”
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...er-1235262227/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Trent Reznor on Desire to Bail on Twitter After Elon Musk Takeover: “We Don’t Need the Arrogance of the Billionaire Class”
    someone tell him he can just block musk. right now he follows him so that’s why he’s getting too much elno.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    someone tell him he can just block musk. right now he follows him so that’s why he’s getting too much elno.
    Yes I keep getting Elon Musk in my timeline just because Trent and a few others follow him. It’s very annoying

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Yes I keep getting Elon Musk in my timeline just because Trent and a few others follow him. It’s very annoying
    Well you can block Musk as well, voilà, problem solved !

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Well you can block Musk as well, voilà, problem solved !
    I should have said ‘kept’. I have blocked him, thanks for the advice

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I should have said ‘kept’. I have blocked him, thanks for the advice
    And then there's also muting words, that can also really help.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    And then there's also muting words, that can also really help.
    I can’t think of any words I could mute to make the experience better. I’m only on there to follow music, entertainment anyway, I’ll just have to ignore the extraneous stuff

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks like he did. His account is gone.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Looks like he did. His account is gone.
    Good. Anything short of that is implicitly supporting that asshole. We should all be as brave.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This just in: arrogant millionaire who charges $50 for a T-shirt annoyed by arrogant billionaire who charges $8 for a check mark.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    This just in: arrogant millionaire who charges $50 for a T-shirt annoyed by arrogant billionaire who charges $8 for a check mark.

Smartassery is disingenuity balanced by awareness. Another version of that is "the failure point of clever is asshole".

So yeah I get your point, but we're both aware that's not really the point.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's history in the making, people. This will be quoted on the ninternet ad infinitum from now on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Newsflash!: Thousandaire and hundredaire NIN fans are still willing to buy $50 T-shirts.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's history in the making, people. This will be quoted on the ninternet ad infinitum from now on.
    Prime meme fodder, just need that scene from Before the Flood of Leo touring the Tesla factory with recent batshit Musk quotes underneath.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    0WpX9q4.jpg

17. 11-21-2022 03:47 PM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Sorry, TR looks weak minded by canceling his account and apparently supporting censorship. I’m old enough to remember when he fought censorship during the TDS days, and now he’s gone full circle. Sad to see, but not surprised.
    Censorship of who? Oh, you mean the billionaire president who tried to stage a coup last year and who now has his own social media site to rant on? Yeah, we definitely need to hear MORE from him.

Good for Trent for leaving, although I have to say that it's pretty easy for him. He rarely uses social media these days. Also, the fact that Musk claims to have been a fan is hilarious given how many songs are about guys like him. He and Paul Ryan need to share a beer sometime and lament over why their musical heroes failed them.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 11-21-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nothing says free speech like burying posts in the feed because you didn’t subscribe to twitter blue!

glad Trent did this. I’ve been trying to wind down my twitter use to go just sports related stuff at this point, but at some point I’ll be leaving too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Saying Trent leaving because of censorship is ridiculous. From what he's posted, he (like many) are leaving because Twitter is an even more toxic place now. If a certain platform has become something you despise, why stay? Good for him, and others, doing what is best for them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    TR: "I'm about to depart Twitter, we don’t need the arrogance of the billionaire class to feel like they can just come in and solve everything, it's a toxic environment and I don’t feel good being there anymore"
    tony.parente: "Yet you have millions of dollars and have T-Shirts that cost $50. Curious! I am very intelligent."

I know bitching about NIN prices and constantly framing TR as a money-grubbing rich asshole is like, your thing, but these are basically the same asinine talking points that shithead Musk himself used when he pointed out that AOC had (union-made) merch that cost more than his stupid Twitter Blue verification subscription, as if that proved literally anything, and if that's not enough to make you embarrassed of this rube-status take, frankly, it should be. To frame TR and Musk as being comparable in terms of wealth (entertainers' income is a drop in the bucket next to billionaires like Musk but please continue to miss the forest for the trees) and "arrogance" (Musk has proven himself to be one of the most insufferable, obnoxious, unjustifiably egotistical people on the entire planet but TR is arrogant because, what, the Vinyl Mission Statement you like to make fun of?) is at best knowingly reductive, at worst idiotic.

The funny thing is TR barely used his Twitter account anymore so this really isn't much of a story.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Sorry, TR looks weak minded by canceling his account and apparently supporting censorship. I’m old enough to remember when he fought censorship during the TDS days, and now he’s gone full circle. Sad to see, but not surprised.
    Supporting censorship what where ? Point on the doll where Reznor touched the censorship. Also, point on the dolll where you think the censorship is.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The censorship of billionaires has to end! They deserve to have their shitty ideas heard too!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    While I'm sympathetic to the idea that Trent is a part of an elite wealthy class, albeit, a smaller one than musk, I'm not sure the t-shirts are the item to point to in saying that the pot is calling the kettle black. I don't know that I think Trent is so much more greedy than your average successful rockstar. Indie bands sell shirts for just as much, I just bought like two from Lightning Bolt and Dreadnought, so I think that's just what t-shirts cost. Tax the rich.

Also Trent Reznor is rich *because* he is a crybaby. From Head Like a Hole to She's Gone Away, they're all crybaby songs for crybabies and this is where us crybabies go to cry about them.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Dear fellow Trent fans: am I the only one who remembers the glory days of the Photoshop thread on Old ETS? We invented CryBaby Trent over 12 years ago! We should have copyrighted that shit.

Example:

We also came up with Pointing Trent, which has its own entry in the urban dictionary: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...inting%20Trent

It just prove how out of touch Musk is; thinking he is so clever by trying to mock TR. Only us, his "true fans" get to mock him! / sarcasim

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Coming soon: A remake of Cry-Baby... Starring Trent Reznor. Tell me you would not watch him in a teen romcom. Money.

"Drapes & Squares" is a perfect opening track on the TR/AR score.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The fact that Elon just had to shoehorn an insult towards TR out of nowhere is so fucking funny. You can tell this one bothered him.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    nothing lasts forever. certainly not any space where we can find reznor. i feel like i should mention he made no posts about quitting twitter. he was asked about it in an interview and this is what happens. the whole thing is rather over the top.

i did like his twitter but mostly for his likes. there were funny and cool and endearing stuff in there. it was really the only place you could see him “liking” anything.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    While I'm sympathetic to the idea that Trent is a part of an elite wealthy class, albeit, a smaller one than musk, I'm not sure the t-shirts are the item to point to in saying that the pot is calling the kettle black. I don't know that I think Trent is so much more greedy than your average successful rockstar. Indie bands sell shirts for just as much, I just bought like two from Lightning Bolt and Dreadnought, so I think that's just what t-shirts cost. Tax the rich.

Also Trent Reznor is rich *because* he is a crybaby. From Head Like a Hole to She's Gone Away, they're all crybaby songs for crybabies and this is where us crybabies go to cry about them.