Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts V: Together & Ghosts VI: Locusts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    To be fair, the last interview they did about it was a real high! And it was on the last day of Emmy voting so that’s it. But god knows how much press they’ll have to do for Mank which is absolute Oscar bait for Netflix. I wonder if the press shebang is written into the contract ?
    over the next week or so I’m going to be watching the entirety of Watchmen in the build up to the Emmy ceremony - I never made it past episode 7 before Lockdown and then my kids were ever present. Now they’re finally back at school and sleeping well so I can catch up

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I like that their press tour for Watchmen has lasted so long, as I personally think Watchmen might be their best score. The Social Network had been by favorite since 2010, but I think Watchmen may have edged it out. And since there unfortunately wasn't any kind of special feature on the Blu-ray about the score (which was a shame), I feel these have made up for the lack of any featurettes on the Blu-ray release. As someone else stated earlier, I'd love for them to be collected somehow. Back on topic, I am looking forward to purchasing physical versions of Ghosts V & VI. I wonder if they'll change the cover artwork or what any additional artwork (like a booklet) might look like. Hell, even liner notes would be nice to see!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I keep coming back to Ghosts V. I just find it ethereal and gorgeous and the most devastating music to come from Nine Inch Nails since the Still album which it obviously references.Not only as a perfect album to slowly wake your brain up in the morning, but also as ear candy. I mean, do we really have to state how good the production is? Ghosts VI is good too, it just did not hit home as much as Together did with tracks like the eponymous Together and Your Touch. That album bleeds so much emotions. Thank you Trent and Atticus!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lately I'm listening much more to Ghosts V because it's perfect to relax, but the impact that made in me listening to Locusts during the lockdown in my country is unmatched to me.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Ghosts VI is now available in 24-48 hi-res lossless at Qobuz. This is the first time it's been available at that resolution for purchase:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/gh.../ymbc4tkxtn2pc

Previously, V and VI were available on 7Digital, but as 24-44. I think that those are downsampled for unknown reasons, however. We all know that TRAR do all their current work at 24-48, and the free MP3 downloads on nin.com for these Ghosts albums were at 48 KHz, so there's no reason to believe that 44.1 KHz is the correct sampling rate.

I have not been able to find Ghosts V for purchase at 24-48. It is available for streaming (only) at 24-48 on Apple Music's new lossless streaming.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Ghosts VI is now available in 24-48 hi-res lossless at Qobuz. This is the first time it's been available at that resolution for purchase:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/gh.../ymbc4tkxtn2pc

Previously, V and VI were available on 7Digital, but as 24-44. I think that those are downsampled for unknown reasons, however. We all know that TRAR do all their current work at 24-48, and the free MP3 downloads on nin.com for these Ghosts albums were at 48 KHz, so there's no reason to believe that 44.1 KHz is the correct sampling rate.

I have not been able to find Ghosts V for purchase at 24-48. It is available for streaming (only) at 24-48 on Apple Music's new lossless streaming.
    Fuck yeah! Locusts deserves this treatment. Can't wait to drown in anxiety in hi-def ultra-realism

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Just to follow-up here, I looked at some spectrograms today, and confirmed that 48 KHz is the correct sample rate. On the left is 24-48 from Qobuz and on the right is 24-44 from 7digital:

You can see the very top frequencies lopped off at the crescendo of the song in the 44 KHz version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazon Music streams the UHD version of this, but its 24/44.1 It's quite a treat with good headphones.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So it's been a hot moment since V & VI came out... but I've finally given them a solid listen. I think VI fits in more with I - IV but I like V as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I’m guessing the new tour will be 100% VI and V content. Can’t wait!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    I haven’t listened to either of them all the way through, only like about half of V. I need to get on that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've also been listening to these this week. I almost forget they exist sometimes among the wealth of awesome TR/AR music we have at our fingertips now. It's also weird to think that there are NIN song titles I don't have memorized, lol.

But yeah, I do really like these and what they represent. One album to help put you in a hopeful place and one when you want to stew in anxiety, released during a time where these were extremely relevant themes. I love them both and want to spend more time with them to really absorb it all. I'm hoping this is the year we finally get a big NIN store update with Ghosts V & VI, Year Zero, The Slip, and Patriots Day (and a Ghosts re-release and Still if they want to get crazy).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I honestly should put these on again one day. When they were released I was going through the darkest time of my life (med changes suck a lot) and couldn’t deal with listening to them at all. It was way too easy to be alone with my terrible thoughts while they were on...

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    After this long-delayed retail vinyl release of the Mank score is finally squared away, I think it would be cool to have these two albums released on vinyl in a double-pack gatefold over 4 LPs (kinda like Deviations 1). They could even cut the heartbeat at the end of "Almost Dawn" into a locked groove so that it never ends, heheheh.
    Last edited by botley; 05-12-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    After this long-delayed retail vinyl release of the Mank score is finally squared away, I think it would be cool to have these two albums released on vinyl in a double-pack gatefold over 4 LPs (kinda like Deviations 1). They could even cut the heartbeat at the end of "Almost Dawn" into a locked groove so that it never ends, heheheh.
    Would love that, even an entire Ghosts collection at this point from I-VI would be ideal and I would cop it in an instant as I never picked up the original I-IV release.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ That would be fun. They probably still have the original metalwork that was used to cut the Ghosts I–IV vinyl, so it's not going to be quite as much of a horrendous delay to press more of those. Assuming they don't want to remaster it, of course!

I think Together works nicely with two tracks per side — well under 20 minutes each, but after "The Cursed Clock" and "Around Every Corner", they'd probably have to split up the last three sides like this:

The Worriment Waltz / Run Like Hell / When It Happens (Don't Mind Me) / Another Crashed Car / Temp Fix (22 minutes)
    Trust Fades / A Really Bad Night / Your New Normal / Just Breathe / Right Behind You (21 minutes)
    TURN THIS OFF PLEASE / So Tired / Almost Dawn (22 minutes+ plus infinite locked groove, LOL)
    Last edited by botley; 05-12-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Do we know for sure some or all of this material was initially intended for The Woman In The Window?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Do we know for sure some or all of this material was initially intended for The Woman In The Window?
    Not known for sure. Intense fan speculation only.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yes, some of it def was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are these under the same creative commons licence as Ghosts I-IV was? Haven't seen any information on that one way or the other.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MxSelfDestruct View Post
    Are these under the same creative commons licence as Ghosts I-IV was? Haven't seen any information on that one way or the other.
    No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    No.
    Damn shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qS...eSycoEgAk/view Letting Go While Holding On is something else man.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd settle for even a CD release of this. I often forget about these albums since there's no physical format at all. Heck, if they made them numbered like The Slip, even at half the amount, they'd probably sell them just cause they're limited.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I keep thinking about these records on vinyl and I hope it happens soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same! I would snap them up in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I keep thinking about these records on vinyl and I hope it happens soon.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calx1111 View Post
    I'd buy CDs for sure. I know some think this is heresy (to coin a phrase) but I can't afford to get back into vinyl. + my fingers/hands don't work too well & I drop shit a lot. CDs take that abuse much better than vinyl. & I can play CDs in the car which is a good thing.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calx1111 View Post
    I need Trent to release something on vinyl soon. It's been 3 years since the DE of With Teeth. For a guy who stresses the importance of listening to music on vinyl, he sure seems to be dragging his feet with releases. YZ and TS DEs aside, give me FDTS! Give me a compilation of non-album tracks! Give me a new live album! Something!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there are so many things that happened in the last 3 years that would slow down the availability of things like vinyl.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Honestly, I have a big issue with how things have been released the past few years. I won't argue that the vinyl versions aren't nice, but as someone with limited space and no turntable, they're just not an option for me. I would much rather pay for a nice CD set or a hi-def download that comes with a PDF with all the artwork. (You know, like how it used to be done...) Instead, we have to jump through hoops to buy digital versions (or pirate them). Meanwhile, other artists are using places like Bandcamp as a one stop shop. You want a download? DONE! You want a physical copy? DONE! Why can't it be that easy with this band?