Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Ghosts V: Together & Ghosts VI: Locusts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Man, there is so much depth and subtle details on these. I still find Locusts really exciting and immersive, what an incredibly dark release.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Frankly; I am getting little tired of all the Watchmen interviews and I wish we could have gotten some more interviews about these records, it is understandable why Watchmen are the center of the attention, but my selfish self-centered self just wants to hear about the Ghosts records somehow, to hear about the writting and recording process, but again, it's understandable.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Frankly; I am getting little tired of all the Watchmen interviews and I wish we could have gotten some more interviews about these records, it is understandable why Watchmen are the center of the attention, but my selfish self-centered self just wants to hear about the Ghosts records somehow, to hear about the writting and recording process, but again, it's understandable.
    I'm pretty sure that's how everyone here feels at this point.

That reminds me, did TR&AR say any words about Waves score? This one seems also lost in radio silence area.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm sure Trent and Atticus are tired of the Watchmen push, too. Probably the only real drawback of getting involved with it, but if they can throw an Emmy on the mantle, I guess it'll be worth it.

I do hope these two albums get some additional focus next year. It feels a lot like they were dropped on us (a gift, to be sure) and that was that.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Personally, I love that they've got such strong collections of material that are virtually unknown outside of the super-dedicated fanbase..

Bird Box Deluxe was completely overshadowed by the release of With Teeth DE at the time of its release, and that's my favorite score they've done yet. Waves is also excellent and trippy as fuck to listen to on a good set of headphones and got next to no attention either. Ghosts V-VI made waves for a week and then faded into the abstract, as well..

The Watchmen score(s) is fantastic and is easily one of their most ambitious outings to date. You can discover new layers to it with every play-through. It's rightfully getting a lot of attention but it's also nice that they have so much understated material coming out around it at the same time, that is being cherished by a much-smaller portion of their audience..

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    To be fair, the last interview they did about it was a real high! And it was on the last day of Emmy voting so that’s it. But god knows how much press they’ll have to do for Mank which is absolute Oscar bait for Netflix. I wonder if the press shebang is written into the contract ?
    over the next week or so I’m going to be watching the entirety of Watchmen in the build up to the Emmy ceremony - I never made it past episode 7 before Lockdown and then my kids were ever present. Now they’re finally back at school and sleeping well so I can catch up

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I like that their press tour for Watchmen has lasted so long, as I personally think Watchmen might be their best score. The Social Network had been by favorite since 2010, but I think Watchmen may have edged it out. And since there unfortunately wasn't any kind of special feature on the Blu-ray about the score (which was a shame), I feel these have made up for the lack of any featurettes on the Blu-ray release. As someone else stated earlier, I'd love for them to be collected somehow. Back on topic, I am looking forward to purchasing physical versions of Ghosts V & VI. I wonder if they'll change the cover artwork or what any additional artwork (like a booklet) might look like. Hell, even liner notes would be nice to see!