Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so should i essentially make the entire background of the template transparent while leaving just the outline? that seems like it'll make the most sense, so the whole image will fill up the square of the file, but i'll still be able to see which parts will actually make it onto the packaging?
    Yup. These templates are automatically cut out based on the outline.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My living with my mother was supposed to be temporary. I was supposed to move out in May/ June.

I am sick to death of being stuck in this house with her. I love her, but I want to be alone. The house is big, but she basically sits in a room adjacent to my office all day.

I'm just so sick of this, and there's no ending in sight.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Yup. These templates are automatically cut out based on the outline.
    i eventually figured it out, got it all done...and then i sent them to my friend for review who pointed out that they were pretty low resolution. for some reason, GiMP downsampled the 300dpi template to 100dpi. so i had to COMPLETELY START OVER. but the good news is that what had originally taken me over 5 hours to do only took 90 minutes to do BETTER haha.

anyway, keep an eye out for a pre-order announcement for the new album and its cassette release with "monstrous existence"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Last week my new optical media drive arrived and one of the things that died first on my old one was its ability to read blu-ray discs... well, today I figured I should self-care with some blu-ray movies. Deadpool and Deadpool 2. I like the first one more but the second doesn't hurt my feelings either. Watching both back to back was interesting though... the amount of recall jokes I had missed the first time I watched DP2... but this was also the special edition as well, so I got to see Captain Tastypants. Yeah, laughing till tears came was very cathartic today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I can’t “like” that ^^ but it’s so true.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I saw this one the other day too:

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post

Fucking coronavirus really fucked my shit up.
    COVID fucked everybody's shit up. It's utter bullshit.

What is really getting to me lately though is how I can tell that shit is getting worse and nobody cares or is doing anything about it.
    Everyone is just like *Shrugs* "I'll just live life now" - It's almost like we lost the fight to this.
    Young people here aren't distancing or masking up anymore.

I can already see the numbers spiraling out of control where I live, and politicians don't care... they just keep spewing off the same trash.
    They refuse to go back a phase or two, we re-opened too quickly. Now, they are valuing the economy over human life, and that is royally fucked up.
    I keep hearing politicians and doctors saying "We need to learn to live with the virus" - No, we don't want to live with the virus. Fuck that. Let's fight to get rid of this fuckin' thing.
    Why give up? Urgh...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Got my test results back: negative.
    Yesterday I was feeling fine....this morning ok. This evening, my temp was up to 100.6F.
    I'm now reading that <24 hrs of onset of symptoms could yield a false negative. Mind you, my potential exposure was 2 weeks ago.

Back to CVS I go tomorrow.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Got my test results back: negative.
    Yesterday I was feeling fine....this morning ok. This evening, my temp was up to 100.6F.
    I'm now reading that <24 hrs of onset of symptoms could yield a false negative. Mind you, my potential exposure was 2 weeks ago.

Back to CVS I go tomorrow.
    How quick is your turnaround? I'm really curious about this for a lot of reasons

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Took it Tuesday morning, got the results Thursday morning.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So… I have a bad feeling ™ about the upcoming week. If you can, maybe be a bit more cautious, okay.

Stay safe out there.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Feeling this.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Thank you for posting that @botley .

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah omg feeling that, too. So much pressure from so many angles, I wanna jettison myself into outer space.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah omg feeling that, too. So much pressure from so many angles, I wanna jettison myself into outer space.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    for a few days in a row, i rode my bike. my actual bike, outside. it was great. i rode one day at my parents' and then brought it home and rode it every day for several days.

and then the last couple days, i've set my alarm to get up early and go for rides, but i have been feeling like shit. i've been so congested and my ears have been so clogged that i just feel constantly disoriented (this is very different than the dizzy feeling i was having because of my previous t-blocker).
    i also fucked up my back yesterday turning off one of my monitor speakers because i just slightly twisted the wrong way, and i have been in excruciating pain ever since. i really hate my body.

on the plus side, sarah and i have been trying to finish up adding everything to our registry, which has been pretty fun. baby stuff is super cute.

i also signed the contract with my label for my tape release, which will be coming out in november!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

You just need the last 3-4 seconds of the video but I couldn't find one that short.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Second test came back negative. I've had a weird fever for a week solid. Had a telechat meeting with a nurse practitioner. Basically have to wait and see until next Monday...if I still have a fever/ cough, I will need to go in for blood work.

The nurse actually suggested putting me on antibiotics, and I scoffed. Ummm...no, I don't need them. I'm not taking antibiotics without a proper bacteria-diagnosed ailment. I'm a microbiologist - don't pander to me and propagate antibiotic resistance!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Magnetic - But you have some kind of infection or inflammation. Sometimes finding the source is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Although, you may just have the flu. Hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-25-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    If it's bacterial, they should be able to get a throat swab for analysis. Occam's razor says it's probably just some weird viral thing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm sad for the kids back in school.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/rituals

hey, y'all! my new album is up for pre-order today! digital & cassette (a couple people have already bought tapes!)

not that i'm not proud of all my music, but i'm especially proud of this one. it's a perfect sibling to Monstrous Existence (which is why they're going on a tape together), and having the support of a label to get my music out there and help me find a wider audience has been amazing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Every day, more and more crap just keeps piling up on the already endless list of bullshit and this never ending COVID shit, that I almost feel numb inside and all this isn't even getting a reaction out of me anymore.
    I feel like this dude at this point:

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Every day, more and more crap just keeps piling up on the already endless list of bullshit and this never ending COVID shit, that I almost feel numb inside and all this isn't even getting a reaction out of me anymore.
    I feel like this dude at this point:

at least you have the appropriate user name to embodied that guy. seriously tho, i hope you are ok. sending love to your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Made a mix over the past 24hours with some of my favourite Canadian music...
    (and just in case you're one of those folk who have overplay trauma from "The Rodeo Song", there's an alt. version also uploaded)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 09-07-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

how are you supposed to cope with this shit when idiots are still in charge?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i've been mostly taking 6.5-mile round trips on my bike around my neighborhood, but on monday i rode 8 miles (up to the bahai temple) and 8 miles back. i somehow didn't get completely worn out, and i actually felt freakin' great after. compare that to getting exhausted riding only 4.5 miles on my stationary bike. sadly, it's been rainy the last couple days so i haven't been able to go out for a ride (i have disc brakes but i don't really feel safe riding in the rain).

thankfully i saw plenty of people wearing masks AND social distancing, though i didn't go across the road toward the beach to see how it was there.
    driving along lake shore drive the other day, though? hundreds of people out on the lakefront path and i saw TWO MASKS. the restaurants/food stands at north ave beach are open, and no one was seated far enough apart. what the fuck is wrong with people???

i've also been sick—have a potential sinus infection, for which i'm on antibiotics—and on top of that, my allergies are going NUTS right now, so i'm just like a walking ball of snot. real attractive, huh?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I think now that Labor Day stupidity is over... I am going to make a trip to the beach on Sunday. I'll get my ass up way early (I prize my sleeping in days) and just wade along the beach for a while. I haven't done this since early March. Normally I would sit on the beach and go swimming, but I don't want to risk it with stupid crowds because....Florida. When I say that I've left the house maybe 20 days since March 22nd, it is NO LIE.

I think it will do me some good just to get in the water for a while... let my toes sink into the sand and look at the birds that run from the waves.