Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    So, my mom tested positive for Covid 19. She's having trouble breathing and she's no spring chicken. SHe was already in poor health.
    And, of course, we live with her, sooooo, yeah. I hope we don't catch it, too.

I guess we'll be receiving a quarantine order from the judge on monday.

this is scary, because i already have an autoimmune disease.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-23-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    this is scary, because i already have an autoimmune disease.
    I hope that it passes you byl (I was going to say positively... but, uh... yeah), does your mom know how she picked it up?

Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

You two need to go get tested, too, @elevenism .

Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Cross-posted from the Covid/Headlines thread:

My Mom’s neighbor, Jim, is 75. Jim’s brother-in-law died of Covid last April.

His niece tested positive last week.

His nephew was hospitalized yesterday with pneumonia. Today, he tested positive for Covid. They’re scanning his legs for blood clots.

Which means Jim’s sister must go get tested tomorrow, because her son lives with her; he moved in after getting laid off from United Airlines to help care for his ailing dad. His dad went into the hospital, then rehab, got Covid in rehab, then died in the hospital that Jim just got discharged from on Wednesday night. (Jim has Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson’s and my husband and I, and my Mom, helped care for him.)

Jim’s sister is 81 and has been very sick for at least four days. I kept asking her on the phone to get tested but she kept telling me she didn’t have a fever. Note that her son never had a fever, either.

Jim was transferred from the hospital to a nursing home facility. Today, that facility told us there’s so much Covid on his floor, they have to evacuate him and other patients. I helped his sister get him into a new facility that had been in the works, he’s being transferred tomorrow morning.

I have to empty Jim’s apartment by the end of October, with the help of the only other family member of Jim who does not have Covid. Yesterday, I figured out how to schedule the shut-off of his electric service in his apartment on November 1st.

Tonight, we found out that the medical transport service that transferred Jim from the hospital to the nursing home neglected to bring in with him a bag that contained his reading glasses and HIS DENTURES. So now his teeth are missing somewhere in a car.

This is a nightmare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here in the Netherlands it's spreading like wildfire. We're one of the worst countries in the world right now, in terms of spreading this thing. I just stay at home most of the time. My parents don't like it, which makes sense, because I'm not very good at caring for myself, but I'd rather get the thing and get over it than spread it to my loved ones. I'm still quite young (30) so I will probably survive it. They might not. Stay safe if you can, folks. Even if your family doesn't like it, staying at home is the best thing to do right now.

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)