Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1303

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Second dose gave me chills and presumably a fever in the middle of the night and, therefore, I barely slept. Had an awful headache all day yesterday but it's hard to tell if it was from the shot or lack of sleep. Either way, pretty much back to normal today.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    The stories of what's happening in India is scary. It's a shame that it has spiraled out of control.
    Last edited by ickyvicky; 04-28-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm moved into the new apt, but I'm not fully vaccinated until next Monday. It makes it difficult to buy odds and ends, as I'm still very leery of covid. And today our dumbass gov removed all restrictions, which will just embolden the assholes who refuse to wear masks anyway.

So it feels really weird to be this alone with essentially an empty apt except for my desk and bedroom set. I find myself sometimes sitting and wondering what the fuck am I doing with my life? I'm scared to leave the apt, but I know I have to go into work soon. I feel stuck. I'm trying to focus on something positive, so to kill time I'm getting ideas on how to decorate my space.

First purchase is this fabulous blue velvet sofa. I find it just kinda ridiculous and wonderful at the same time. I think I'm going to get crazy with some things. I had to compromise on decorating for several years, and I gave in on a lot. This will be 100% ridiculous me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Second dose gave me chills and presumably a fever in the middle of the night and, therefore, I barely slept. Had an awful headache all day yesterday but it's hard to tell if it was from the shot or lack of sleep. Either way, pretty much back to normal today.
    It's been a week since I got my second. The only side effects I had were about 4 hours afterwards I was struck with massive fatigue. The other closing manager I was working with that day, got his second that day too, so we just toughed it out. It was a struggle to even make it through the day without desperately wanting to take a 15 hour nap, but it was helpful knowing you are not the only one getting their ass kicked. The next day thankfully, I was back to normal.

Oh and I guess I still have a bruise on my arm at the injection point, strangely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I'm moved into the new apt, but I'm not fully vaccinated until next Monday. It makes it difficult to buy odds and ends, as I'm still very leery of covid. And today our dumbass gov removed all restrictions, which will just embolden the assholes who refuse to wear masks anyway.

So it feels really weird to be this alone with essentially an empty apt except for my desk and bedroom set. I find myself sometimes sitting and wondering what the fuck am I doing with my life? I'm scared to leave the apt, but I know I have to go into work soon. I feel stuck. I'm trying to focus on something positive, so to kill time I'm getting ideas on how to decorate my space.

First purchase is this fabulous blue velvet sofa. I find it just kinda ridiculous and wonderful at the same time. I think I'm going to get crazy with some things. I had to compromise on decorating for several years, and I gave in on a lot. This will be 100% ridiculous me.
    I love that blue, very classy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhh I LOOOOOVE that sofa!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Thanks @SM Rollinger and @allegro
    It's a weird transition for me. I'm in love with jewel tone colors (I revoked my goth card over a decade ago), but when I was living with my partner I pulled the conservative neutral color scheme.

Now...I'm 42. I remember when my friend was 45 in 2012, and they were diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 45. After a long struggle with diminished returns, they passed in 2017, just after their 50th birthday.

So I'm going to embrace the color, and make everything into the weird-ass world I want it to be. Because I don't know what's coming down the pike anymore.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That sofa is pimpin'!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    With the Pfizer announcement, as soon as the states also says it's OK my son's in line to get his shot. Should be fun, especially as a javelin person.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well he got his shot and only complained of arm ache. He also just complained in general so we're not sure if he meant it or if he was just in a bad mood anyway and felt like throwing that out too. Who can tell with teenagers. (I don't remember being this much of a pill when I was his age, but then again I also stuffed a lot of anger around then so...anywhos)

Last edited by allegate; 05-18-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My wife got her second shot Saturday evening. She was fine all morning yesterday and then it hit her like a ton of bricks.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 05-19-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i almost lost my shit in an attorney’s office today. we closed on our new home this afternoon. my childcare fell through so i had to take my kids. the email with the closing instructions said masks required. so i packed little bags for them with ipads, headphones and masks.

we get there and not one fucking person working in this office is wearing a mask. i text my agent to tell her this. and send her the email i got where it said masks required. in the meantime, the woman tells us we can go in the board room. i ask her if she’s vaccinated. AND THE BITCH SAYS “sure”. so basically she just lied to my face. i tell my agent this so she goes in and talks to lawyer germ face. lawyer said they changed their policy after the cdc said you don’t have to wear masks if your vaccinated. she also said they’re not allowed to say or ask about vaccination. which makes no fucking sense since they sent me an email saying masks required. long story short, my vaccinated, masked face signed the papers while my agent sat outside with my kids.

so what’s going to happen now? i don’t understand wtf the cdc is doing at all. i just want a vaccine for my fucking children. i’m so tired of people acting like it doesn’t matter anymore. we’re not there yet, folks. you can do the bare fucking minimum.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    you can do the bare fucking minimum.
    ^^ It really boils down to that and spite seems like the motive in just about every case.

Congrats on the new home, by the way!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

The COVID-19 coping thread

Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    ^^ It really boils down to that and spite seems like the motive in just about every case.

Congrats on the new home, by the way!
    thank you! we are excited about our new house. we’re moving in a month after doing paint and floors. hoping my my covid crusade didn’t kill the mood. i kinda feel bad for my husband who said everyone knew i was not happy. once my kids were squared away, i made jokes and signed what i needed to and left to hang outside with them when my part was over. the seller was nice and wore a mask and discussed the vaccine with us.

it was a whole office of covid deniers. (can we guess who they voted for!) i felt like the paranoid city slicker. i just feel like lawyer germ face is about to be the norm. no mask, lying about the vaccine.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    thank you! we are excited about our new house. we’re moving in a month after doing paint and floors. hoping my my covid crusade didn’t kill the mood. i kinda feel bad for my husband who said everyone knew i was not happy. once my kids were squared away, i made jokes and signed what i needed to and left to hang outside with them when my part was over. the seller was nice and wore a mask and discussed the vaccine with us.

it was a whole office of covid deniers. (can we guess who they voted for!) i felt like the paranoid city slicker. i just feel like lawyer germ face is about to be the norm. no mask, lying about the vaccine.
    This was the SELLER’S attorney’s office? Who even GOES to closings, anymore. Seriously, that’s ARCHAIC. I’ve been a real estate paralegal for 30 years; We overnight the Seller’s closing documents to them for signatures, tell them which ones to get notarized. If they need help, they can come in early and we’d notarize (days early). The buyer’s lender overnights docs to the buyer’s attorney or buyer or their agent. Buyer executes (signs) docs in front of a notary public (often their real estate agent, or attorney) and they overnight the docs back to the lender (or give them to the title company if you’re using one). Lender wires funds. Nobody goes to a “closing.” Buyer’s agent picks up keys and gets them to Buyer. The end. Closings stopped happening up here in the 90s. It was the best thing EVAR.

Congrats on your new house!

Yes, the CDC really opened a can of worms with this one. I don’t understand why we can’t ask if people have been vaccinated.

You can’t get into school or college without providing proof of many vaccinations.

You can’t immigrate to this country without proof of many vaccinations.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-20-2021 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This was the SELLER’S attorney’s office? Who even GOES to closings, anymore. Seriously, that’s ARCHAIC. I’ve been a real estate paralegal for 30 years; We overnight the Seller’s closing documents to them for signatures, tell them which ones to get notarized. If they need help, they can come in early and we’d notarize (days early). The buyer’s lender overnights docs to the buyer’s attorney or buyer or their agent. Buyer executes (signs) docs in front of a notary public (often their real estate agent, or attorney) and they overnight the docs back to the lender (or give them to the title company if you’re using one). Lender wires funds. Nobody goes to a “closing.” Buyer’s agent picks up keys and gets them to Buyer. The end. Closings stopped happening up here in the 90s. It was the best thing EVAR.

Congrats on your new house!
    they were buying their new house right after selling the old one to us so maybe that had something to with it. they offered to bring things to the car for me but since my kids were fine on the pavement outside, i just did it.

i feel like they gaslit me by sending that email that said mask required and not one person working there was wearing one. i actually think i handled it well now looking back. i didn’t lose my shit and i did what i thought was right for my children.

i don’t understand why the lawyer would say they’re not allowed to comment or ask about vaccines but they’re allowed to not wear a mask? i feel like she lied about everything. the cdc changed their mask stance if you’re vaccinated. so if you’re not wearing a mask and i ask you about it, the easy short answer is yes.

i had a meeting with my current hoa pool committee tonight. there were five of us there. we all said we were vaccinated but we all put on masks indoors. it’s easy and considerate.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    At least six asshole Republicans refused to wear masks on the House floor, citing the CDC rule. Which is bullshit, because it applies to PEOPLE WHO ARE VACCINATED, and we KNOW that Marjorie Taylor Green isn’t vaccinated. She SAYS she refuses to get vaccinated. So these idiots don’t know how to LISTEN. They’re all getting a $500 fine. Every day they won’t wear a mask on the House floor.

The Sellers buying right after their sale makes no difference. Your money being wired is the only thing necessary for their buy.

I agree that you handled it really well.

Last edited by allegro; 05-20-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Is there a reason you can't just ask someone to show their covid card? Instead of using the "honor" system?

I have a dentist appointment later today, and I'm going to bring my covid card so they can make a copy of it for my file in case anything changes down the road.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm still trying to parse the messaging from last fall from higher up that said "you will get a flu shot, this is not negotiable" and now this spring it's "you can't ask about the covid shot, don't even try". one of those is way worse than the other - especially in a healthcare setting - so what the hell.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-20-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm still trying to parse the messaging from last fall from higher up that said "you will get a flu shot, this is not negotiable" and now this spring it's "you can't ask about the covid shot, don't even try". one of those is way worse than the other - especially in a healthcare setting - so what the hell.
    wait they told you not ask about the vaccine at work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yup. they're updating the mask mandate - "you don't have to wear your mask in your office area but you do in the common" - and also that if you see someone without a mask you can't ask them if they've gotten it.

I thought it was mandated because of the flu thing but apparently it isn't. Probably for the same reason the military can't make anyone get the shot because it's not officially approved, only emergency approved.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    yup. they're updating the mask mandate - "you don't have to wear your mask in your office area but you do in the common" - and also that if you see someone without a mask you can't ask them if they've gotten it.

I thought it was mandated because of the flu thing but apparently it isn't. Probably for the same reason the military can't make anyone get the shot because it's not officially approved, only emergency approved.
    interesting. i definitely didn’t think about emergency versus official. maybe lawyer germ face wasn’t lying about that. i’m still holding it against her tho as she felt she owed me no explanation. this is the time we live in. it’s not my fault that i have to ask.

i got my kids camp info and they will be checking temperatures daily and social distancing. that’s a relief as long as it’s true. the activities are outside so i’m not too worried about it but it’s nice to hear covid protocols are being followed. hoping it’s not bullshit like yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i have a family member who is refusing to mask or get the vaccine. this person has a few risk conditions that could lead to a bad bout if they get covid. i just sent a direct, long email to them urging them to either get vaccinated or keep wearing the mask. i’m scared of rejection and anger. i asked if they’ve talked to their doctor about these decisions and to please reconsider. i hate that i have to do this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i’m scared of rejection and anger.
    As I see it, they've already rejected you (and apparently science).

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    As I see it, they've already rejected you (and apparently science).
    i should be used to it, i suppose. most of my family members have rejected this heathen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Just start sending them this, no pleas or entreaties necessary.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Love it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

hahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

i love it but this person is offended by profanity. i did my best and spoke from the heart. i mentioned my own fears before getting my second dose of the pfizer vaccine (i shared those fears in this very thread). i also asked if they discussed the decision to go maskless without the vaccine with their doctor. at worst, i think they’ll ignore me for awhile. i just can’t not say anything. i feel like they’d be on a ventilator quick based on their age and health condition. it’s all very upsetting to me. i don’t like masks or being injected with shit either but i’m choosing science over doubt.

at least the numbers are going down.

edit: it’s been about four days. i’m definitely getting ignored.