Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1090

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Second dose gave me chills and presumably a fever in the middle of the night and, therefore, I barely slept. Had an awful headache all day yesterday but it's hard to tell if it was from the shot or lack of sleep. Either way, pretty much back to normal today.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The stories of what's happening in India is scary. It's a shame that it has spiraled out of control.
    Last edited by ickyvicky; 04-28-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm moved into the new apt, but I'm not fully vaccinated until next Monday. It makes it difficult to buy odds and ends, as I'm still very leery of covid. And today our dumbass gov removed all restrictions, which will just embolden the assholes who refuse to wear masks anyway.

So it feels really weird to be this alone with essentially an empty apt except for my desk and bedroom set. I find myself sometimes sitting and wondering what the fuck am I doing with my life? I'm scared to leave the apt, but I know I have to go into work soon. I feel stuck. I'm trying to focus on something positive, so to kill time I'm getting ideas on how to decorate my space.

First purchase is this fabulous blue velvet sofa. I find it just kinda ridiculous and wonderful at the same time. I think I'm going to get crazy with some things. I had to compromise on decorating for several years, and I gave in on a lot. This will be 100% ridiculous me.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Second dose gave me chills and presumably a fever in the middle of the night and, therefore, I barely slept. Had an awful headache all day yesterday but it's hard to tell if it was from the shot or lack of sleep. Either way, pretty much back to normal today.
    It's been a week since I got my second. The only side effects I had were about 4 hours afterwards I was struck with massive fatigue. The other closing manager I was working with that day, got his second that day too, so we just toughed it out. It was a struggle to even make it through the day without desperately wanting to take a 15 hour nap, but it was helpful knowing you are not the only one getting their ass kicked. The next day thankfully, I was back to normal.

Oh and I guess I still have a bruise on my arm at the injection point, strangely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I'm moved into the new apt, but I'm not fully vaccinated until next Monday. It makes it difficult to buy odds and ends, as I'm still very leery of covid. And today our dumbass gov removed all restrictions, which will just embolden the assholes who refuse to wear masks anyway.

So it feels really weird to be this alone with essentially an empty apt except for my desk and bedroom set. I find myself sometimes sitting and wondering what the fuck am I doing with my life? I'm scared to leave the apt, but I know I have to go into work soon. I feel stuck. I'm trying to focus on something positive, so to kill time I'm getting ideas on how to decorate my space.

First purchase is this fabulous blue velvet sofa. I find it just kinda ridiculous and wonderful at the same time. I think I'm going to get crazy with some things. I had to compromise on decorating for several years, and I gave in on a lot. This will be 100% ridiculous me.
    I love that blue, very classy.

Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhh I LOOOOOVE that sofa!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Thanks @SM Rollinger and @allegro
    It's a weird transition for me. I'm in love with jewel tone colors (I revoked my goth card over a decade ago), but when I was living with my partner I pulled the conservative neutral color scheme.

Now...I'm 42. I remember when my friend was 45 in 2012, and they were diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 45. After a long struggle with diminished returns, they passed in 2017, just after their 50th birthday.

So I'm going to embrace the color, and make everything into the weird-ass world I want it to be. Because I don't know what's coming down the pike anymore.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    That sofa is pimpin'!

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    With the Pfizer announcement, as soon as the states also says it's OK my son's in line to get his shot. Should be fun, especially as a javelin person.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Well he got his shot and only complained of arm ache. He also just complained in general so we're not sure if he meant it or if he was just in a bad mood anyway and felt like throwing that out too. Who can tell with teenagers. (I don't remember being this much of a pill when I was his age, but then again I also stuffed a lot of anger around then so...anywhos)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My wife got her second shot Saturday evening. She was fine all morning yesterday and then it hit her like a ton of bricks.