Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1303

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    When I thought I had Covid I was using my fitbit to track my O2 levels because it says it's a feature. However it freaked me right out because it never got higher than 90% so I was sweating it right up until the ER put the thing on my finger and it was 99%. Turned that feature off immediately.

I hope things go well for you and your relative.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Was waiting to be tested today for two hours. They really stuck the swabs deeply into the old nose this time, painfully. Then gave me the wrong person’s paperwork and called me later to apologise.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Was waiting to be tested today for two hours. They really stuck the swabs deeply into the old nose this time, painfully. Then gave me the wrong person’s paperwork and called me later to apologise.
    i got tested today too. my kid was positive as of last night. my niece was tested this morning.

my kid cried when we told him. i feel terrible that he feels any sadness over it. he got lots of tv time and a milkshake so far but he can’t go back to school until august 24. he has no symptoms really and i’m so glad. my other kid was negative but i’m thinking that will change soon. the stupid school let us send her with a mask.

i’m trying to not feel rage-y but it’s so hard not to. We stayed home for 15 months. my husband and i are vaccinated. we wear masks. we are doing it all and it’s still happening.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah, I woke up yesterday angry and depressed and there's not a lot I could do about either because it's a very meta anger and depression. What do you do? What can you do? it's maddening there are so many people who don't care about anyone but themselves.

well, until it affects them. then they care.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    yeah, I woke up yesterday angry and depressed and there's not a lot I could do about either because it's a very meta anger and depression. What do you do? What can you do? it's maddening there are so many people who don't care about anyone but themselves.

well, until it affects them. then they care.
    even then, they don’t care. i have a friend who’s sick right now saying they’re not getting tested coz they don’t care if it’s covid or not. i’m like well the people you’re around might want that info! like go get a test. what’s wrong with you?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wow, that's kind of amazing. self-interest is even too hard.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    yeah, I woke up yesterday angry and depressed and there's not a lot I could do about either because it's a very meta anger and depression. What do you do? What can you do?
    I am so sick of feeling this way pretty much every day. And with the horrendous fires here in CO and further west making Denver the worst air in the world for a few days over the last couple of weeks in conjunction with no seeing the mountains for months...it's incredibly depressing. It gets beaten into us day after day that the world is rapidly ending but we just continue consuming and pretending like everything is fine as if that's going to fix anything. It's all so hopeless, pointless, and futile.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    When I thought I had Covid I was using my fitbit to track my O2 levels because it says it's a feature. However it freaked me right out because it never got higher than 90% so I was sweating it right up until the ER put the thing on my finger and it was 99%. Turned that feature off immediately.

I hope things go well for you and your relative.
    Yah, I have the fingertip monitor. I had a heart attack yesterday morning when I put it on my finger right after I woke up, and it was at 86%. I guess it was from lying down, not breathing as deeply? Either way it sorted itself once I sat up.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    even then, they don’t care. i have a friend who’s sick right now saying they’re not getting tested coz they don’t care if it’s covid or not. i’m like well the people you’re around might want that info! like go get a test. what’s wrong with you?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s disgusting and dreadful.

FWIW, Australia and (specifically, NSW where I am) were kind of on the same road as New Zealand and were seen as the “poster child” of COVID since it began. We were hardly impacted by it at all. It’s only since the incident that occurred at the end of June where a limousine driver tested positive for the Delta strain in our eastern suburbs that everything here has gone to hell: https://www.abc.net.au/article/100271128

Excerpt:

How this all started

The first case in this outbreak was a Bondi limousine driver who transported international flight crews.
    The infection, which was recorded on June 16, initially led to an outbreak mostly contained to the eastern suburbs, but it soon spread in every direction.
    To date, there are 330 local cases in NSW.

It’s now swept right through our state and we’re in the strictest lockdown we’ve ever been in. My mental health has suffered tremendously and it’s only been a couple of months (lack of family contact, each day just seeming to blend into the next, etc). I’ve come off one medication, onto Prozac, off that, now on one of those really concentrated ones that require a blood test to check your liver status before you start it. Only yesterday did I start to feel remotely better mentally from it. If only TR knew what was lying on the horizon when he wrote the lyrics to Shit Mirror. Doesn’t feel all right at all.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Afterthought: I think that’s why I’ve kept that specific Rammstein lyric from Puppe as my user title of late. I really am not doing well.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

It’s now swept right through our state and we’re in the strictest lockdown we’ve ever been in. My mental health has suffered tremendously and it’s only been a couple of months (lack of family contact, each day just seeming to blend into the next, etc). I’ve come off one medication, onto Prozac, off that, now on one of those really concentrated ones that require a blood test to check your liver status before you start it. Only yesterday did I start to feel remotely better mentally from it. If only TR knew what was lying on the horizon when he wrote the lyrics to Shit Mirror. Doesn’t feel all right at all.
    I'm sorry to hear it. This pandemic has been horrible for mental health.
    I really had my hopes up once I got vaccinated. Those hopes have been crashing pretty hard since the end of June.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    my relative is definitely sick and struggling alone. i’ve been touching base with them morning and night. hoping they pull thru ok. my kid and another kid have tested positive since we hung out with the relative. now one of my daughters friends is sick and she has asthma. my daughter tested negative. the school and our pediatrician have said she can come to school as long as she wears a mask. i’m not entirely comfortable with this but i sent her anyway for a few reasons. One, she tested negative. Two, they say the mask reduces the spread so if she is carrying the virus, her masks protects those around her. three, since the school is mask optional (unless you’ve had close contact) corona virus is there whether she’s there or not. A relative has suggested this is irresponsible but this same person went to restaurants the entire pandemic while we stayed home for 15 months. My daughter was also negative during that 15 months and her learning suffered as a result of digital school. she can’t stay home anymore. there isn’t even a digital option at this school. if she tests positive they will make her stay home then. that could happen at any point (i’m testing her this afternoon) so if she’s negative with no symptoms, i’m sending her. i personally don’t love the idea but that’s where i’m at. i can’t keep my children home forever.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm very tired of people being greedy.

Greedy to travel.
    Greedy to go to mass gathering events.
    Greedy to to fucking shop.

Greedy, greedy, greedy.

Mine! All mine! I must do all the things! I must not care about others in the process! Mine!

So many Daffy Ducks.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I'm very tired of people being greedy.

Greedy to travel.
    Greedy to go to mass gathering events.
    Greedy to to fucking shop.

Greedy, greedy, greedy.

Mine! All mine! I must do all the things! I must not care about others in the process! Mine!

So many Daffy Ducks.
    for the last year and a half, i’ve been watching my friends and family members take vacations and eat in restaurants and send their kids to school. All without getting sick. i sent my kids back to school and we got covid the first week. i tried to plan a fun getaway with my husband to see my favorite band, the nine inch nails, and it gets cancelled. i kinda feel like i’m losing the war at this point. i’ve won a few battles like not getting covid when it came thru my house just now and finally going to a few restaurants i like. both because of my choice to be vaccinated. but nin shows getting cancelled hurts. i thought being vaccinated was enough to get me to the shows. how long until we start winning this battle? i keep doing the things that science says we should do. i’ve been doing it since march 2020 and it’s not working because not everyone is buying in. the doubt and division is working against us all.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i keep doing the things that science says we should do. i’ve been doing it since march 2020 and it’s not working because not everyone is buying in. the doubt and division is working against us all.
    Trying not to be pithy about it but the struggle is real.

I plan on keeping safe until the deaths stop and ICUs are empty. That's when I'll consider it over.

Just remember, "Avoid like the plague" was spoken by the survivors... and my disabled self is planning on fucking surviving COVID-time.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

The COVID-19 coping thread

Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Trying not to be pithy about it but the struggle is real.

I plan on keeping safe until the deaths stop and ICUs are empty. That's when I'll consider it over.

Just remember, "Avoid like the plague" was spoken by the survivors... and my disabled self is planning on fucking surviving COVID-time.
    it’s been such a mind fuck to have it all come apart (for me) in the last week or so.

you’re definitely in the right mindset to survive. here’s hoping we can get those things to stop.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it’s been such a mind fuck to have it all come apart (for me) in the last week or so.
    I get that. I live here:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Medicine Hat’s case numbers have risen from roughly 120 to over 520 in a week or so. We’re a 65,000 population town, with a large number of them being over 50. We’re also in a “Fuck Trudeau!” area, so that and conspiracies are abound here.

I have a memorial for a friend who passed from cervical cancer earlier this year, and it feels weird knowing I should mask up for it, even with both jabs. It’s an even more uneasy time down here.

I should head out to our farm a few days to clear my head.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    UGGGHHHH! There's a wedding I have to fly for on labor day weekend. I know if I don't go, I'll regret it, but.....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Late last month I took the chance and ate in a restaurant (I was in the area after going to the hospital for some routine bloodwork). COVID numbers were fairly low and I trust the place and owner. This went fine.

Yesterday I was at the post office nearby to the same place and I was very tempted to go there for lunch... but with the skyrocketing COVID numbers again, I didn't risk it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

can't wait for the manbabies to protest this.

also why is manbabies an acceptable word to spellcheck? that's weird, right?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this was further down:

Last edited by allegate; 09-01-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    apparently people aren't coping.
    Greetings,

H received a phone call from someone accusing them of putting lies on Facebook. Before the call could be transferred, the caller advised they would send a few “patriots” down to the Building to get some answers.

Police are notified are and taking appropriate actions. The building Security is also taking appropriate actions.

There is no known threat at this time. All parties will continue to monitor and send updates.

If you see a gathering of people outside the building, please choose another exit, and if you feel in any danger at all, call Police.
    I rode my bike today too.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    apparently people aren't coping.I rode my bike today too.
    i feel like i need more information but i’m not sure i really want to know. hope everyone is ok.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ah, yes, sorry. That's an email from security at work here. So far it's an empty threat as I doubt most people even know how to find this building because of what it's named (after the county) and where it's located (not downtown with the rest of the county buildings) so I figure the court house is getting mobbed and some poor clerk there is like WTF.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)