Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    They say the second dose is so bad, and makes you so sick (with both Pfizer and Moderna), you are advised to stay home from work.
    My mother's first Moderna, she said that a soreness developed in her neck, not far from her arm. Her second shot, she was fine that day, and then the next she was full up in bed with flu symptoms. The next day she felt better.
    Two friends of her had the Moderna (82 and 69) and had no symptoms. It's a crap shoot.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    My mother's first Moderna, she said that a soreness developed in her neck, not far from her arm. Her second shot, she was fine that day, and then the next she was full up in bed with flu symptoms. The next day she felt better.
    Two friends of her had the Moderna (82 and 69) and had no symptoms. It's a crap shoot.
    My eye doctor and his eye doctor wife here in Chicago both got the Pfizer vaccine, they're both I think in their early-30s; they said it was like having the ACTUAL flu for the second shot. REALLY bad, he was actually worried about my Mom getting the shot.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yah, my BIL got the AZ vaccine in the UK. He was sick as a dog for 2 days.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    got a tip on a place that was supposed to be dealing with not reaching capacity for appointments and had excess for walk-ins. Drove down. Nope. The entire building is covered in signs that say to go away if you're a walk-in patient, and when I tried to ask someone I got told pretty quickly (and politely enough) to please piss off ASAP.

I get the feeling I missed the boat on this one. Someone probably blabbed on Reddit, and they probably got hit with a few hundred people trying to walk in.

Goddamn, PLEASE, just put this shot in my arm already. Apparently the Catholics are boycotting the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because of stem cells. Cool. Give it to me. Apparently there's a lot of people out there who think that vaccines are bad and they're skeptical. Cool. Give it to me. GIVE ME THE VACCINE ALREADY! You guys KNOW you are throwing unused doses in the trash. YOU KNOW YOU ARE. This is ridiculous. There has to be a program in place to let people just hang around in their car and read a book and hope that, instead of tossing it in the trash, you can just shoot me up with it and I'll be on my way and see you in a month!

Just... I feel my mind snapping at this point. GET ME OUT OF HERE.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    yes! this wait to get the vaccine is excruciating. apparently you can get it here by claiming to be a caregiver so some people are showing up saying that even tho it might be a stretch. my friend was like they have to live with that karma. i’m like well if they live and don’t get covid or spread it, then everyone wins. right? i’m just holding out for it to be available to me. i’ve had immune problems for years but no diagnosis. i’m pretty sure i can’t show up and say “i was sick a bunch between 2016 and 2020, give me the vaccine. “ im hoping for april. my poor kids have been home for a year and have another chance to go back before the school year ends but i just don’t think i can let them until i’m vaccinated. i feel so bad but they’ve handled it so well.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Stumbled upon this article this morning: https://news.yahoo.com/yahoo-news-yo...100048853.html

Really enraging, on several levels. It didn't have to be this way. The fact that we, as a society, can't rally around the most vulnerable among us and make personal sacrifices for the betterment of the community is really fucking sad. Everything is tyranny. Everything is an encroachment on freedoms.

Really hits home having lost our next-door neighbor last week. She and her family were so careful for a fucking year. She was able to get her first vaccine dose on a Tuesday, by Friday she had symptoms, Sunday she was hospitalized, and dead ten days later. So fucking close. God it's been a tough week.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Goddamn, PLEASE, just put this shot in my arm already. Apparently the Catholics are boycotting the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because of stem cells. Cool. Give it to me. Apparently there's a lot of people out there who think that vaccines are bad and they're skeptical. Cool. Give it to me. GIVE ME THE VACCINE ALREADY! You guys KNOW you are throwing unused doses in the trash. YOU KNOW YOU ARE. This is ridiculous. There has to be a program in place to let people just hang around in their car and read a book and hope that, instead of tossing it in the trash, you can just shoot me up with it and I'll be on my way and see you in a month!

Just... I feel my mind snapping at this point. GET ME OUT OF HERE.
    I could have written this. I totally feel that.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yesterday at customer at work was talking to me about how she's so fed up wearing a mask and is totally over this whole covid thing. I just nodded my head and yes'd her. Then she goes, "You know Texas removed the mask mandate!" and she proceeded to take off her mask and put it back on (like a "Peek-a-boo" motion). I gave her a slight look of "you better put that damn mask back on" and said, "Yes, I know." And she asked, "How do you know?" I say, "It's all over the news." and she goes, "Oh, I didn't know that."

Why are people so weird????

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Why are people so weird????
    Because people are selfish assholes.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’m pretty sure if I set my mind to it, I could tap some connection, and maybe I will soon enough. My moral fortitude is wearing out when I hear that OJ Simpson was one of the first people to get the vaccine. Then you find out that Mr and Mrs Trump got vaccinated. Even though they already contracted it and so shouldn’t even be close to the front of the line, and that’s not even taking into account Donald’s responsibility here; how his bs hoax claims, science denying, and mask deriding almost certainly aided the spread of this thing and resulted in probably at least a hundred thousand preventable deaths.

So yeah, I might be done listening to people say things like “he’s gonna have to live with that bad karma.” Blah, it doesn’t seem to be putting too much of a dent in OJ or Trump’s stride. When is this karma bullshit supposed to kick in? Maybe I’m just done at this point with being the good guy here, and to hell with this insanity. Just give me the vaccine.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I can't wait until I'm fully vaccinated and can safely send chat messages in all caps again.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I don't like the new rules the CDC put out yesterday. What prevents any idiot to say "I'm fully vaccinated" in order to just not wear a mask.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    What prevents any idiot to say "I'm fully vaccinated" in order to just not wear a mask.
    The guidelines remain unchanged when in public, regardless of vaccination status.

CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people continue to take these COVID-19 precautions when in public, when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple other households, and when around unvaccinated people who are at high risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19:

• Wear a well-fitted mask.
    • Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
    • Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
    • Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
    • Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
    • Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations.
    Source: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...uidelines.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the same thing that prevents them from not wearing a mask now:

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    One of our biggest donors at my job just got the vaccine and he's walking around with no mask on because he thinks he's invincible now. My boss doesn't have the balls to tell him to put a mask on.

Save meeeeee........

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    One of our biggest donors at my job just got the vaccine and he's walking around with no mask on because he thinks he's invincible now. My boss doesn't have the balls to tell him to put a mask on.

Save meeeeee........
    What a dick. I got my second dose three weeks ago and haven't changed anything about my mask wearing habits.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My wife has been sick for a few days and if going for a COVID test tonight.
    The fun part, it would be a side effect of the topical cream she's been prescribed to deal with some stuff...

Soo.... this could suck. Or not.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Stumbled upon this article this morning: https://news.yahoo.com/yahoo-news-yo...100048853.html

Really enraging, on several levels. It didn't have to be this way. The fact that we, as a society, can't rally around the most vulnerable among us and make personal sacrifices for the betterment of the community is really fucking sad. Everything is tyranny. Everything is an encroachment on freedoms.

Really hits home having lost our next-door neighbor last week. She and her family were so careful for a fucking year. She was able to get her first vaccine dose on a Tuesday, by Friday she had symptoms, Sunday she was hospitalized, and dead ten days later. So fucking close. God it's been a tough week.
    This is horrible. This is what really scares me with my Mom, it’s why I won’t let up on being careful. I won’t even AFTER we all get vaccines.

They said on the news that over half of the over-65 residents of Illinois have been fully-vaccinated, but I search and search and can’t manage to get my nearly-83-yr-old Mom an appointment to get vaccinated. I just don’t understand.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    FYI - my mom just told me about Dr. B vaccine distribution for leftover doses. You register at Hidrb.com.
    I went ahead and registered. I figure as time goes on, the idiots who refuse vaccines will come available. It seems legit. You can try.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    FYI - my mom just told me about Dr. B vaccine distribution for leftover doses. You register at Hidrb.com.
    I went ahead and registered. I figure as time goes on, the idiots who refuse vaccines will come available. It seems legit. You can try.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tests were negative. Most likely just an annoying cold. So, that's good.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

x-posting for those looking for a vaccine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just scheduled my first COVID shot for next Friday. It's the Moderna vaccine so I will need to schedule a follow-up for the second dose.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My wife was vaccinated yesterday by the VA, they finally got around to her on the veterans list so that went well. She got a massive headache though but it passed to a moderate headache by night time.

Today my MIL and her husband are getting their shots. They're both older and fit all the current state guidelines. Well, actually my MIL didn't until my wife went and registered her because there's a question about living alone that MIL answered positively because she's married but the question is "can you live alone" not "do you live alone" and as my MIL has fibromyalgia and cannot be alone if that flares up that's an important distinction.

Kid started school back this week, two days on. The school did performative theater for the parents for drop-off and pick-up according to him and no one was monitoring the situation during the day with girls hugging each other and people going up the down stairs, stuff like that.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-19-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not gonna lie. I sang the chorus to "Shots" by LMFAO and Li'l Jon when I got to City Hall to get my shot, and I did make people laugh as a result.

"SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!SHOTS!SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!SHOTS!SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!SHOTS!SHOTS! EVERYBODY!"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

x-posting for those looking for a vaccine.
    oh man, if this is real, thank god... I can hang on that long; I really just need some kind of window to look forward to. The past year and a half or so has really kicked me in the balls.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    Not gonna lie. I sang the chorus to "Shots" by LMFAO and Li'l Jon when I got to City Hall to get my shot, and I did make people laugh as a result.

"SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!SHOTS!SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!SHOTS!SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!SHOTS!SHOTS! EVERYBODY!"
    Will play this through my phone when it's my turn until someone tells me to stop. I suspect it will be almost immediately.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Re: Krispy Kreme

I don't really care if anyone needs a bribe from Krispy Kreme to convince them to get the vaccine so long as they get the vaccine.