Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
Results 1,291 to 1,303 of 1303

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

yay.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So I got Covid, then a few days later G tested positive, and I had complications from allergies (our pollen season is off the charts here right now) but my worst problem was fatigue and a REALLY stuffy head. And cough. But not the sickest I’ve ever been, I still got stuff done around the house every day, made Mom her meals, etc.

And we tried REALLY hard to quarantine from Mom, I disinfected every single thing I touched; light switches, toilet handle, faucets, door handles, we wore masks.

Mom still got Covid. She’s 84. Triple-vaxed (Moderna).

I made sure she got lots of fluids, daily vitamin C and Zinc, healthy diet, Mucinex, decongestant, anti-inflammatory. NyQuil at night.

She’s now 9 days past and it’s like it never happened.

I just have really bad allergies. (Cough.)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    So I got Covid, then a few days later G tested positive, and I had complications from allergies (our pollen season is off the charts here right now) but my worst problem was fatigue and a REALLY stuffy head. And cough. But not the sickest I’ve ever been, I still got stuff done around the house every day, made Mom her meals, etc.

And we tried REALLY hard to quarantine from Mom, I disinfected every single thing I touched; light switches, toilet handle, faucets, door handles, we wore masks.

Mom still got Covid. She’s 84. Triple-vaxed (Moderna).

I made sure she got lots of fluids, daily vitamin C and Zinc, healthy diet, Mucinex, decongestant, anti-inflammatory. NyQuil at night.

She’s now 9 days past and it’s like it never happened.

I just have really bad allergies. (Cough.)
    I'm glad things are going as good as they can. I was feeling really crappy yesterday, so I did a home COVID test. It came out negative. It's tough because I started a new chemo on Monday & am still feeling the after effects. I've also got some allergies but the weather has been so fucked up in the northwest they haven't been a factor yet. Finally, I went to a packed & crazy club show on Wednesday & in the process took something of a beating when an out of control drunk blindsided me to the floor trying to rush the stage. I also have take a lot of other exotic drugs. So, a lot of factors. I thought it was best to be safe. I got a bunch of free test kits from the government, so might as well use them. Hope you & your family continue to be on the mend. A nurse told me yesterday that the latest omicron variant is starting to pick up some serious steam.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm now reaching the point where it feels like the majority of the people I know have caught it... just barely a little over half, but it feels like it's crossed some threshold. It's no longer a rare thing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We’re pretty sure we got it from our Blackhawks rep at the final Hawks game. The City of Chicago and the United Center had lifted all Covid restrictions, and our new rep wanted to meet with us and take us up to a 200-level suite. We’ve done them before, my gut said “no, go back to your seat and watch the game” but G wanted to be nice to the kid in his new job plus see if he had any new perks. We were in that suite, kid shook our hand (gahhhhhhhhhh), all the stuff you shouldn’t do.

A few days later, I was sick. And Covid got all of us in the house.

Word to the wise, do NOT let your guard down. This Omicron shit is SUPER contagious.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm now reaching the point where it feels like the majority of the people I know have caught it... just barely a little over half, but it feels like it's crossed some threshold. It's no longer a rare thing.
    I can't believe I've managed to dodge it so far(knock on wood) since I've got a compromised immune system. I've been very careful but I do spend a real lot of time in doctor offices. At least once a week, some weeks every fucking day. I do get a break in the action the week of Memorial day which is good because I've got 2 good concerts that I'm excited about that week. Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs (with Stan Lynch, original Heartbreakers drummer subbing) in a great new club & good seats for Bob Dylan in a nice theater that he seems to enjoy as he's played there quite often. Every show I've seen him play there has been at least great if not transcendent. Other venues around town it has been decidedly more hit & miss.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @chuckrh You may have had Omicron and written it off as your regular illness symptoms. Many people don’t even know they have it.

My brother had Covid 2x and didn’t get sick either time.

The 1st time, he only knew because he couldn’t smell.

The 2nd time, he tested because his wife had it. But he was asymptomatic.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    We’re pretty sure we got it from our ... City of Chicago
    That makes sense, that's why we steer clear of Chicago. ;P

Jokes aside, we are SERIOUSLY worried about my mom.
    She's had covid twice, and influenza 4 times, in the past 18 months or so.

She's just NOT GETTING BETTER. Like, ever since she ate the first croronar-virus or whatever it's called...

again, i'm trying to be funny.

But it isn't funny, at all.

I'm looking to get her into an immunologist and a rheumatologist.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm feeling quite despondent about the fucking thing now... and we can easily predict a near future when people start going "Why didn't you actually do a lock down to keep us safe! We're all sick now!".

I'll never wish for people to get sick or become disabled but I really wish they would have seen further than "I can't get my latte if I wear a mask!"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally was able to get my 2nd booster today...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Got my flu and 2nd booster last night. No problems so far, I was even able to sleep on the arm that got the shots which is usually an issue with just the flu shot by itself.

Had a travel call with work peers because the new fiscal year is starting soon and we have to start planning our on-sites. None of them want to travel because they've gotten Covid n times each and they don't need n+1. Combine that with monkeypox fears and they all said no to travel until it clears up.

I was sitting there thinking about how I haven't had covid once but my flying-anxiety ass is more than happy to not get on a plane any time soon.

Which leads me to my last point: I'm getting on a plane next week to go back east so my wife can visit Salem during October and visit a friend. yay me, go team.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-27-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Got my flu and 2nd booster last night. No problems so far, I was even able to sleep on the arm that got the shots which is usually an issue with just the flu shot by itself.

Had a travel call with work peers because the new fiscal year is starting soon and we have to start planning our on-sites. None of them want to travel because they've gotten Covid n times each and they don't need n+1. Combine that with monkeypox fears and they all said no to travel until it clears up.

I was sitting there thinking about how I haven't had covid once but my flying-anxiety ass is more than happy to not get on a plane any time soon.

Which leads me to my last point: I'm getting on a plane next week to go back east so my wife can visit Salem during October and visit a friend. yay me, go team.
    I'm going to get both at the same time, too. Need to time it with some new/old chemo which is especially nasty. I was on it before & it worked for quite awhile & then stopped. I'm running out of hope/options, so we're going back to the drug I used before. It's for cancer but used for RA to try & slow down the progression. I'm getting close to a wheelchair which is as scary as fuck. Makes me glad I did my little NIN trip while I was still able.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to an IBD gala tonight. I asked my boyfriend if there was assigned seating and he said yes, but that they made sure to space everybody out because of the pandemic. My brain went "WAIT? PEOPLE STILL DO THAT?" then I realized what kind of event we were going to and that I'd be going somewhere where I wouldn't be the only masked person in the building either. It made me happy that there's still a consideration for this in certain places, especially going into winter.