Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1303

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    even though my state (Nebraska) is trying to hide their numbers, total new case numbers are shooting up. it was at 2,600 new cases 2 weeks ago, 3,700 a week ago, and 5,000 new cases today. we are sure winning the war on covid by trying to hide and not report numbers!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    In opposite news, there are so many people in the hospitals that my mother-in-law's husband had his emergency knee surgery cancelled. He cannot walk without a cane and he stocks bread in grocery stores. He's been on leave for almost a month from the injury and they called today to let them know.

He's going to run out of leave and possibly his job because of this and he's less than five years from retirement. they need to actually do the whole death panels thing and say "no shot no room" to everyone. let the chiropractors deal with this shit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Because the day decided it could only get worse: my MIL's great aunt contracted Covid. She lives in Wenatchee, WA which is like the reddest-fucking-neck area in Washington, and her family would not let her get the vaccine because...well, take a guess. Anyway, back in November or so great aunt had a stroke but this same family didn't do anything because they didn't know what to do so she's been running without a full cognitive capacity since then. So what did Covid do to her? Gave her pneumonia and a second stroke. The doctors don't think she's going to make it through the weekend.

My wife asked me if we would go to the funeral. I told her only if she wants to see a really big fight because my MIL is pissed, my wife is pissed, my wife's siblings are pissed...it will not go well for anyone.

Topping that all off, my son was basically trapped at school today because there were protestors causing traffic issues for students, teachers, and parents. he was two hours late getting home.

So I guess this is the day when Covid entered my sphere of influence.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Because the day decided it could only get worse: my MIL's great aunt contracted Covid. She lives in Wenatchee, WA which is like the reddest-fucking-neck area in Washington, and her family would not let her get the vaccine because...well, take a guess. Anyway, back in November or so great aunt had a stroke but this same family didn't do anything because they didn't know what to do so she's been running without a full cognitive capacity since then. So what did Covid do to her? Gave her pneumonia and a second stroke. The doctors don't think she's going to make it through the weekend.

My wife asked me if we would go to the funeral. I told her only if she wants to see a really big fight because my MIL is pissed, my wife is pissed, my wife's siblings are pissed...it will not go well for anyone.

Topping that all off, my son was basically trapped at school today because there were protestors causing traffic issues for students, teachers, and parents. he was two hours late getting home.

Damn dude, that all really sucks. I hope you and your family are doing all right given the circumstances. Our school board waffled and reversed course on their mask mandate because parents were planning to organize, enter the school, and make sure teachers didn't mask children. We live in a mad world

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Women Laugh as Student Discusses Grandmother's COVID Death During School Mask Debate (msn.com)

It's shit like this that really gets me. Students are saying please protect us and parents who don't have to deal with this on the daily make their decision for them....There is a recurring theme

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

As an update: She didn't make it through the weekend, she died Sunday morning.

On Monday her nurse granddaughter - the one who made the decision to not get the vaccine and also probably contributed to the stroke being misdiagnosed - went on vacation on Monday. The sheer lack of humanity astounds me.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

On Monday her nurse granddaughter - the one who made the decision to not get the vaccine and also probably contributed to the stroke being misdiagnosed - went on vacation on Monday. The sheer lack of humanity astounds me.
    i’m so sorry to read this. sending love to your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Apparently covid is tearing through my dad's side of the family. My 90 year old grandma has it. My paternal aunt is in the hospital with it. Two of my cousins have it, too.

So, yeah, that sucks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    sorry to hear that @allegate . my condolences.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Thanks all.

Also found out that the area is so backed up with death that the funeral isn't until October. Good Lord.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Thanks all.

Also found out that the area is so backed up with death that the funeral isn't until October. Good Lord.
    Sorry, man. I was in so much shock about what I'd just learned that I didn't even offer my condolences.
    Sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

I can relate as far as it entering your sphere of influence the other day. My mom had it awhile back, but she did fine. Today, though, I too am looking at the possibility of family members not making it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Condolences.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

In solidarity with the kid on the bus... *middle fingers*

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Sorry, man. I was in so much shock about what I'd just learned that I didn't even offer my condolences.
    Sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

I can relate as far as it entering your sphere of influence the other day. My mom had it awhile back, but she did fine. Today, though, I too am looking at the possibility of family members not making it.

No worries, shit sucks right now.

I'm sorry it's affecting your family as badly as it is. Again, shit sucks.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    My best to all of you who are dealing with a loss or sickness right now...

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

To be fair, the mask is NOT the cure. Rather, it's a method of reducing the spread of the disease.
    It doesn't work as well as the vaccine, though.
    There isn't a cure. The closest thing to a "cure" is treatments intended to shorten the infection.

If you really think about it, that sign could go either way.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I just want to stand next to that with a sign that says “nobody said the mask was a cure. There is no cure. So put your mask on, get vaccinated, and shut the fuck up”

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    If you really think about it, that sign could go either way.
    The sign, sure. The protesters... no... they get middle fingers alllllll the way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

That was at a local school here in Vermont. Even in the most vaccinated state in the country, there's still idiots. Huge props to that kid. She's been getting all kinds of scholarship offers and whatnot since that photo went viral. You can read more about what's going on in the photo here.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    The sign, sure. The protesters... no... they get middle fingers alllllll the way.
    Oh, yeah. I'm not arguing about their intentions. I'm just pointing out the irony of the language on the sign.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

He's going to run out of leave and possibly his job because of this and he's less than five years from retirement. they need to actually do the whole death panels thing and say "no shot no room" to everyone. let the chiropractors deal with this shit.
    I'm all for that. You didn't get vaccinated and you could have been? Fuck you.
    Go home and use your essential oils, it's "just the flu."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So we have a temp gun / sign-in sheet at the front of the office space. It's worked well for everyone up until last week when two new people were introduced to the area. They don't work for us, it's some kind of "there's and empty office so that's where we're putting them" thing. anyway, they keep not doing the procedure correctly and it's literally two steps. So I had to make a big sign for them:
    FIRST: If you take a pen from the clean cup, you put it back into the dirty cup. NOT on the table for someone else to take care of. This is supposed to be a one-use item per person.

SECOND: If you take the last pen from the clean cup, it’s on you to sanitize them all and refresh the clean cup. We’re all in this together, there isn’t anyone coming around behind you whose job it is to take care of this.
    I did not put anything about acting like an adult on there because I'm going for neutral.

Side note: I swore loudly via text to my boss today. The timekeeper was asked/instructed a month ago to change my tour of duty and he didn't. I took leave yesterday to unwind* and as such my leave was incorrect because it didn't match. Gave him a "God Dammit Phil" before I could stop my fingers. whoops. I apologized several times because it was embarrassing.

*all the crapover the weekend and I was just FUCK THIS and took a mental day. And then shortly after that my wife gets a call and a friend of her family had gotten into a car accident so she and her mom went to the hospital and I was volunteered to watch my nephew. It's fun but also not at all something you do to wind down, yeah?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Hey @allegate , maybe we’ve all not been getting enough… oestrogen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the instagram yoga person i follow who claims to have had a stroke from their 2nd pfizer vaccine has been sharing “invermecin success stories”. which is so strange to me. i want to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe their vaccine injury story but how can you be antivax and pro-invermecin? it just doesn’t add up for me.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    the instagram yoga person i follow who claims to have had a stroke from their 2nd pfizer vaccine has been sharing “invermecin success stories”. which is so strange to me. i want to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe their vaccine injury story but how can you be antivax and pro-invermecin? it just doesn’t add up for me.
    Unfortunately, the modern-day North American yoga / 'wellness' community definitely has a radicalizing element in it these days that is brainwashing people.