Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been spending more money than i should since i got my "stimulus" check. besides the two pedals i bought, i also bought three records today (two by Surachai, and Broadcast's "Tender Buttons", which i've been meaning to grab for years), ordered 50 holographic stickers of my everson poe logo, and bought sarah a really cute print as an early v-day present. should definitely try to slow down on spending...

anyway, here's the julia pedal i got, and i am in love with it (the hoof reaper hasn't come yet)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    thanks! the woman who did the art also mastered it and...there was a bit of conflict in that department (you DO NOT add sound to someone else's music when you master it and then refuse to remove said sound when (politely) asked to do so) and just a general sense of unease. so hopefully it comes out ok!

watched a bunch of rifftrax tonight (four election-oriented shorts from the 50s-70s & the movie "blood theatre") and then, for some reason, "the masque of the red death" which was probably a bad idea. ended up having four cocktails, but no pizza (we ordered japanese food). and now it's 1:15am and i'm watching lucifer because i don't think i'm gonna be able to sleep.
    Posting this here (also for my own use)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    In NY (I'm not sure if throughout the country too) they're allowing teachers to get the vaccine now. My husband has his scheduled in February. One of our good teacher friends just got hers. She wrote about it on Facebook, "I've never cried while getting a shot before. Not afraid of needles. Finally feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel."

That hit me. I think I'm going to cry too.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    “No one at the vape shop cared that I was dressed like I was in an old Moby video.” LOL LOL

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    “No one at the vape shop cared that I was dressed like I was in an old Moby video.” LOL LOL
    i have both of drew's novels. The Hike is amazing. it's like a video game in book form. i don't know if i've ever read anything that quickly in my life because it was just so exciting. haven't read The Postmortal yet but i'm excited to do so. also need to find the episode of Chopped that he's on.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    He writes books? I'm going to have to find me some books..

Also I am officially 100% vaccinated, had my second shot today. Pfizer so I don't have to worry about that Moderna allergic reaction.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-19-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Also I am officially 100% vaccinated, had my second shot today. Pfizer so I don't have to worry about that Moderna allergic reaction.
    i’m so jealous. i want to be vaccinated badly i feel like it’s the only way to “normal”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

don't pay too close attention to the cover of "the hike" because it basically spoils the whole book

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i’m so jealous. i want to be vaccinated badly i feel like it’s the only way to “normal”.
    As much as normal can be...I'm going to be wearing a mask for awhile.
    don't pay too close attention to the cover of "the hike" because it basically spoils the whole book
    Luckily ebook covers are remarkably hard to see.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I'm so jealous. I feel like I'm going to be rotting away in quarantine until August waiting for a vaccine.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I should say that it's because of work and not because I have any special connections.

The flip side of that is that the only reason I was moved forward so quickly is the number of people who decided not to get the vaccine.
    :/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yah, my aunt works at an ALF, and she turned down her vaccine because she's a ridiculous religious idiot. (aunt by marriage)
    I really wanted to leap through the phone with my rage when I heard that. And at the end of it, part of me just wanted to say, "I'll take your fucking precious vaccine you worthless idiot."

Propriety towards elders dictates otherwise.
    And I just know she'd never listen. Religion has made her deaf.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    i have both of drew's novels. The Hike is amazing. it's like a video game in book form. i don't know if i've ever read anything that quickly in my life because it was just so exciting. haven't read The Postmortal yet but i'm excited to do so. also need to find the episode of Chopped that he's on.
    I really enjoyed Postmortal, maybe more in concept than execution. Magary's episode of Chopped is hilarious if you're familiar with him. Seems like it's almost impossible to find online though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I really enjoyed Postmortal, maybe more in concept than execution. Magary's episode of Chopped is hilarious if you're familiar with him. Seems like it's almost impossible to find online though.
    i think all of the chopped episodes are on the food network app and/or hulu.

also didn't realize but he has a new book out!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Just got word this week that our work is going to run an opt-in vaccine clinic with our local hospital system. So my coworkers with health complications started getting vaccinated today! My husband and I are anxiously waiting our turn as relatively-healthy folks. In the meantime, i'm hoping our experience with COVID back in November gives us some kind of immunity, but I know scientists are saying that antibodies don't guarantee you won't be infected again. :/

I hope they get something approved for young kids soon. The oldest got really upset when he realized that cross country may still be out of the question this spring, and our daughter will put anything and everything in her mouth due to her developmental disabilities. Mostly I want THEM to get some semblance of a childhood back, ya know?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

spent yesterday clearing everything out & cleaning, and today putting it all back in (but much better). i feel like i can actually move around in here, it's gonna sound much better (partially thanks to the three sound dampening panels i put in the room), and i probably cleared out dust that's been accumulating for 15 years.

oh, and also:

this came out on friday and people really seem to be liking it, which is wonderful <3

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol

but also...

Last edited by allegate; 01-25-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. I've quarantined since mid-March. I'm just so fed up.
    Not that I would do anything reckless. I'm not selfish in that regard.
    I'm just really struggling.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. I've quarantined since mid-March. I'm just so fed up.
    yeah a lot of us are hitting that wall :/ sorry you're struggling, friend <3

i'm going to the neurologist tomorrow. i am so fucking nervous. this is the only place i'll have been (other than very safely to my parents'/sarah's parents') since olive was born besides the pediatrician.
    i'm also nervous that they're not going to be able to give me any answers as to what the fuck has been going on with me for so long. i'd honestly rather them be like "you have a [brain problem]" than be like "no idea!"

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    yes! i’m so sorry you’re struggling. realizing i’m in the 11th month of this has been harsh. i’m registering my kids for summer camp today and hoping they will be able to attend by june/july. is that too much to hope for? i want to be vaccinated by then but i have no idea if that’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    yeah a lot of us are hitting that wall :/ sorry you're struggling, friend <3

i'm going to the neurologist tomorrow. i am so fucking nervous. this is the only place i'll have been (other than very safely to my parents'/sarah's parents') since olive was born besides the pediatrician.
    i'm also nervous that they're not going to be able to give me any answers as to what the fuck has been going on with me for so long. i'd honestly rather them be like "you have a [brain problem]" than be like "no idea!"
    Olive! That’s a beautiful name!

I’ve been wearing a 3-layer surgical mask or a cloth mask everywhere, like to the grocery store or rare runs into Target (I mostly do curbside pickup at Target and Petsmart). But now experts are saying that TWO masks might be prudent during this mutated more-contagious Covid strain. So I’m taking my KN95 plus the other mask to layer.

We still clean off all our groceries or anything that comes into our house or my Mom’s condo, even though they say we don’t have to. I’m not taking chances; I’m used to it, now.

I need to get my Mom’s 3-month glaucoma pressure check done, she’s overdue. Our optometrist has offered to do a curbside pressure check while my Mom’s in the CAR, and he’ll transmit the data to Mom’s ophthalmologist. Awesome.

Ravinia Festival says they’re planning the Chicago Symphony Orchestra summer season concerts, with social distancing, and I’m so very excited about this omg.

My elderly Mom is REALLY depressed right now. Covid isolation means she can’t even walk indoors or use the condo indoor pool. And she’s already on a boatload of antidepressants. The winter weather ain’t helping.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-28-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    neurologist was very nice, scheduled some MRIs & MRAs for next week. my TSH levels (thyroid) are off, according to my bloodwork, so i need to talk to my PCP to get that checked out.

also had a tele-appt with my psychiatrist yesterday and will be starting on lexapro (SSRI/anti-depressant) to help, because a lot of what i've been dealing with is depression, not just bi-polar 2/borderline stuff.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

sorry for the double-post but HOLY FUCK i got the final shirt design today for the shirt i'm doing along with my new album preorder next friday and i felt like i needed to share it here

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I feel the same way. I think to myself it’s been almost a year and I haven’t seen my best friends in a long time. I miss them. Granted, I live with my girlfriend who is soon to be my fiancé. We talk about it a lot. But during these times I don’t really feel like celebrating...

I got vaccinated the other week and it alleviated some stress. Especially since I work in mouths and have had direct contact with COVID patients. I just don’t want to bring it home. It’s overwhelming at times. Then sometimes I feel guilty because I got the vaccine and there are others that need it more than I.

It’s not like I want to go do something extreme. I miss little things. Like being able to go to a bar and grab a burger and beer and watch a hockey game and chat with random people.
    Last edited by ninlive; 02-01-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

laughing because it's better than crying I guess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

hey, y'all! my new album & shirt are up for pre-order! http://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/grief

there's a (long, pretentious) writeup on my bc page about the album, if you're curious. this is my first single-story-driven concept album and i'm incredibly proud of it. it was also mixed/mastered/co-produced by my friend db, and i'm just so happy with how he helped me shape it in a way that i couldn't have done on my own.

oh, and if you're not into screaming vocals, it comes with an entirely instrumental version of the album as bonus tracks!

anyway, thanks to everyone who has supported my music on here. i hope you enjoy the new stuff <3

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Isolation begins today, test this afternoon. Shows that you can take every precaution necessary and still have to test. Here's hoping!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    fingers crossed.

I've been doing the two mask thing, one paper/surgical one from work and the multi-layer one my wife made. which reminds me that I did get the NIN one in the mail so I should wear that. Does it need to be washed? I haven't opened the packaging yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^^^^^Give it a wash to start. Every cloth one I wear is washed pretty frequently. (forgot to quote ya)

We are down to 15 cases city-wide. Not bad for a 65,000 person town. We hit 100+ cases in Oct.Nov., but she's been dropping well. It's too bad our municipal government are extremely incapable. "We're taking opinions from all sides on a mask bylaw."

I'm shocked our mayor didn't compare us to another city again. He likes to do that with everything. It's amazing how we can have a mayor who was thrown in the drunk tank.. and he still gets in.