Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    And you can never trust a wet sloppy floppy fart....
    And where can I buy that T-shirt?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    And where can I buy that T-shirt?
    DIY it... use a Skeletor graphic and attribute the quote to him. It'll be funny. Cafepress...

"You never trust a wet sloppy floppy fart He-Man! HahahAHhaHAhHaHahhA"
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-01-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    DIY it... use a Skeletor graphic and attribute the quote to him. It'll be funny. Cafepress...

"You never trust a wet sloppy floppy fart He-Man! HahahAHhaHAhHaHahhA"
    "Sloppin' da bass, He-Mon."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    found out from one of my coworkers today that the leave i'm on right now makes me eligible for unemployment. kind of wish i had known that when it started a month ago! but better late than never. planning to apply tomorrow.

75% done with another album. have to finish the lyrics & do vocals for two songs, and then clean up the mixing for all four.

also, i have a new collection of songs out tomorrow for bandcamp day. just under two hours of low-key electronic music (seven 15-minute pieces) that are great for background or relaxation. they were commissioned by my best friend to accompany some instructional art videos she's making, but she only used two of them, and said i could do whatever i wanted with all of them. so i'm using them to try to raise some more money for brave space alliance. will pop back in and post when the album's live.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/nusuth

ok, it's here! but don't buy it til midnight PST!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

The COVID-19 coping thread

i talked to my stepmom yesterday. she sounded pretty good. she’s still negative for covid and her husband has recovered. he apparently went back to work this week which is so strange to me. should he quarantine for a few weeks after feeling better? apparently his doctor told him to go back to work and wear a mask. he works a rental place so it’s florida tourists coming to rent boating equipment. no wonder it’s spreading if doctors are like “sure. go back to work”. my stepmom is still wearing a mask in her own home and keeping her distance from him. before we hung up i said “give t a hug for me” and she said “oh no i’m not going near him right now”. so it’s ok for him to go back to work but not ok enough for her to be near him? i don’t understand but whatever as long as she’s ok.

i’m definitely glad that it was like a bad flu/cold for him and that’s he’s basically recovered. it makes me think my loved ones might come through this ok.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i talked to my stepmom yesterday. she sounded pretty good. she’s still negative for covid and her husband has recovered. he apparently went back to work this week which is so strange to me. should he quarantine for a few weeks after feeling better? apparently his doctor told him to go back to work and wear a mask. he works a rental place so it’s florida tourists coming to rent boating equipment. no wonder it’s spreading if doctors are like “sure. go back to work”. my stepmom is still wearing a mask in her own home and keeping her distance from him. before we hung up i said “give t a hug for me” and she said “oh no i’m not going near him right now”. so it’s ok for him to go back to work but not ok enough for her to be near him? i don’t understand but whatever as long as she’s ok.

i’m definitely glad that it was like a bad flu/cold for him and that’s he’s basically recovered. it makes me think my loved ones might come through this ok.
    14 days of quarantine starting from the first day the person had symptoms. If other people in the household show symptoms, they should quarantine for 7 days. As of now, the scientific evidence suggests it is highly unlikely to pass COVID-19 on to someone after 7 days (in your household).

This is from Scotland, but the recommended quarantining guidelines are the same wordwide (from what I've seen). I chose this article because it's got all of the info on one page:

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses...irus-infection

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    14 days of quarantine starting from the first day the person had symptoms. If other people in the household show symptoms, they should quarantine for 7 days. As of now, the scientific evidence suggests it is highly unlikely to pass COVID-19 on to someone after 7 days (in your household).

This is from Scotland, but the recommended quarantining guidelines are the same wordwide (from what I've seen). I chose this article because it's got all of the info on one page:

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses...irus-infection
    thanks for the info. i really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/nusuth

ok, it's here! but don't buy it til midnight PST!
    I really like the cover art, that's great! I'll check it out in a bit when I get a chance

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I really like the cover art, that's great! I'll check it out in a bit when I get a chance
    my best friend, justine, is an incredible artist. the pieces were originally commissioned by her for some instructional art videos. she's also designed about 30% of my tattoos (including all the matching ones we have together).

hope you enjoy the music! might help you feel better right now, too. i've been listening to it first thing in the morning, and when i shower, and when i'm getting ready for bed. it's just...some of the nicest music i've made haha (not the best, but the nicest to listen to, for sure)

also, huge thanks to anyone from here who picked it up yesterday! i pulled in a total of just around $100 that i'm going to be able to donate. not a lot, but every little bit helps!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I get off work at 10:15 AM tomorrow and I'm strongly considering being shitfaced by noon.

As a so-called "essential" worker, fuck COVID-19 in the ass with a spiky, HIV-coated dildo.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I just saw the comedian Daniel Sloss live at a drive through. It was a pretty weird experience, but it was nice to have a proper night out for once. It did mean we ended up just sat in a car for 10 hours though including the journey

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I am so sick to death of being isolated. And my state is now a hot zone.

Can I say that I didn't plan on being celibate for over a year? I want to stomp 2020 in the face.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm really hating the state of the Covid world right now. Just found out that my grandmother in FL has a pretty serious health issue (not anything Covid) and isn't going to make it much longer, few weeks or months probably. I've always been fond of her but not super close, if that makes sense, since I never lived near her or saw her that often. She's 88 years old and so I get the "everyone's time comes and that's a good long life" aspect. But what gets me the most is that I had my first child about a little less than a year ago, grams couldn't travel to visit due to health, then the shit hit the fan and now she will probably never meet her great grand daughter in person. We're not a big family, my nana had one child, my mother, who also only had one child, me. She's been waiting to see a new baby in this family for almost 40 years now. Under normal circumstances we'd make the trip to see her right away, but I don't think it's responsible to bring a baby on a long trip to Covid-central. Also, I'm in NY and going to FL would mean a mandatory 2 week unpaid quarantine from my job. I'm just hating all of this. I guess I've got to figure out a way to video call her but she's not good with technology. Fuck this year.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I wonder if a small tech startup could be established for just such a reason. A business that could send people to houses to set up tech for them and be safe about it with masks and such.

And not the Best Buy people.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Sebek , is there anyone else around her that could possibly help out?

Maybe we should put the Florida ETS people together to help each other out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @Sebek, is there anyone else around her that could possibly help out?

Maybe we should put the Florida ETS people together to help each other out.
    I may have some help down there, there's a cousin who has been helping her out. My mother sent her an iphone to replace her crappy flip phone so she could get nice pictures so she should have the tech required. My wife pointed out that Facetime comes pre-installed with iphones so I might be able to video call her directly on that. I'm going to have to call her and try to walk her though it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

The COVID-19 coping thread

Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I wonder if a small tech startup could be established for just such a reason. A business that could send people to houses to set up tech for them and be safe about it with masks and such.

And not the Best Buy people.
    [QUOTE=allegate;500979]

i know a photographer who helps get portraits of loved ones before they die. i wonder if she’d have any thoughts on this idea. maybe not a small business, but a non-profit...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I just saw the comedian Daniel Sloss live at a drive through. It was a pretty weird experience, but it was nice to have a proper night out for once. It did mean we ended up just sat in a car for 10 hours though including the journey
    i love daniel sloss so much.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    God dammit i want to go to halloween horror nights in orlando so bad. I've been every year since 2016 and i don't want this year to be the year i'm forced to skip.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i love daniel sloss so much.
    He had such a great presence on the stage. Especially considering he was playing to 200 cars

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

naked lunch and animal farm have already been claimed, but everything else is still up for grabs! help me clear some space and get some books in return! at this point, all you have to pay is shipping (in the US).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    naked lunch and animal farm have already been claimed, but everything else is still up for grabs! help me clear some space and get some books in return! at this point, all you have to pay is shipping (in the US).
    Oh Marty Beckerman... his Hunter Thompson story is kinda wild.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Oh Marty Beckerman... his Hunter Thompson story is kinda wild.
    i was OBSESSED with collecting all the MTV books when they were being published, but not all of them were to my taste, which is why you see many of them in this pile.

completed another quarantine project today! moved the CRT & classic systems into the dining room!

PS don’t try to make your own additional shelves for a kallax, no matter how competent you think you are. after a lot of frustration (and a waste of $40 worth of materials), i ended up using little “stackable” kitchen counter things which work perfectly fine.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i was OBSESSED with collecting all the MTV books when they were being published, but not all of them were to my taste, which is why you see many of them in this pile.
    As a former bookseller... why? (just curious) Was it the branding?

I got that book because a rep gave it to me to review for the magazine I was writing for at the time...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    As a former bookseller... why? (just curious) Was it the branding?

I got that book because a rep gave it to me to review for the magazine I was writing for at the time...
    my friend andrew (8 years older, closest thing to an older brother i had as a kid) gave me "the perks of being a wallflower" along with a mixtape for x-mas my freshman year of high school. that book was published by MTV Books, so i sought out other things they published. i absolutely loved several of them, particularly "brave new girl" by louisa luna, so i just sought them all out. i also loved the look of them.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    completed another quarantine project today! moved the CRT & classic systems into the dining room!
    Looks sweet! But have you considered a more modern screen for playing Gamecube games - they look so glorious at their native 480p.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Looks sweet! But have you considered a more modern screen for playing Gamecube games - they look so glorious at their native 480p.
    If I were a gamer, and were into retro consoles and titles, I'd aim for the Metal Jesus Rocks goal for HDMI mods for everything, things just look so pretty.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If I were a gamer, and were into retro consoles and titles, I'd aim for the Metal Jesus Rocks goal for HDMI mods for everything, things just look so pretty.
    I think there's a good case for using a CRT with 8 and 16bit era consoles, but for the Gamecube where many of the games were designed with 480p in mind, it's a shame to miss out. For example, Wind Waker looks stunning at 480p on a modern screen (particularly if running in anamorphic widescreen) - I think it actually looks nicer than the HD version.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    mClassic and Carby are the 2 that instantly come to mind.