Page 85 of 123 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Probably to fuck with Flake.

Do they still perform Pussy? Maybe it's not wanting both of those songs in the set at the same time.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Flake seemed to really enjoy doing that keyboard solo part too. Wonder why they axed it?
    That's the best part of that song!

Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post

Do they still perform Pussy?
    Unfortunately, yes...
    Probably the worst Rammstein song. Of all the songs to keep in the setlist. Put Tier back in the set already.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    By now I seem to enjoy Pussy in a live setting. Bad thing is, that it's at the wrong band's concert... It's a nice track to close off a set and get the people partying, but I really have a problem when Rammstein get too cheeky.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    On another note: does anyone of you have the "In Amerika" BluRay and would be able to send me a high-res (as high as possible) screenshot? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So has anybody taped any of these shows yet? I'm not on DIME so I can't look there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    So has anybody taped any of these shows yet? I'm not on DIME so I can't look there.
    I think I saw one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I think I saw one.
    Nice if anyone has a link... That would be nice

edit. I love this song and hopefully they play it live again someday

Last edited by SM Rollinger; 06-19-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

edit. I love this song and hopefully they play it live again someday

They teased this song on the 2016 summer festival tour. They played the beginning of it right before another song... I want to say it lead into Du hast, which is such a cock tease. Start out with the riffs from Laichzeit, only to go into Du hast... c'mon now!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Got fishmilk?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    not gonna link that here but guitar101 has two shows, bern (also on dime) and gelsenkirchen, it's mega so it should be a breeze to DL.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So as of today my little Mutter collection is almost complete (considering I only wanted to have the offically released German first-editions). Still thinking about whether I should start and get the singles though... I'm beyond happy to finally own the Mutter tour book, but would wish for the R+ photo book to be hardcover. Oh well, but I'm happy now either way. Only thing that pisses me off is that every edition of the Mutter tour edition (the red one) I held in my hands was pretty damaged and bent. I'm happy that my booklet is looking A+ but the sleeves I have seen in my time all looked shitty. Maybe the fabric was shit, but I can't believe how badly people treated their CDs.

Apart from that the only neat Rammstein stuff I have left is the Völkerball book which is a glory to behold in its own right. Still thinking about getting the one for the 2009 shows. And I would love to have one for MiG as well. Too bad they didn't include much on the Live in Paris DVD. I still have 15% for the LIFAD shop with my ticket so I might do a little shopping.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-22-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Speaking of official live videos, what do you guys think is better: In Amerika or Paris?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So as of today my little Mutter collection is almost complete (considering I only wanted to have the offically released German first-editions). Still thinking about whether I should start and get the singles though... I'm beyond happy to finally own the Mutter tour book, but would wish for the R+ photo book to be hardcover. Oh well, but I'm happy now either way. Only thing that pisses me off is that every edition of the Mutter tour edition (the red one) I held in my hands was pretty damaged and bent. I'm happy that my booklet is looking A+ but the sleeves I have seen in my time all looked shitty. Maybe the fabric was shit, but I can't believe how badly people treated their CDs.

Apart from that the only neat Rammstein stuff I have left is the Völkerball book which is a glory to behold in its own right. Still thinking about getting the one for the 2009 shows. And I would love to have one for MiG as well. Too bad they didn't include much on the Live in Paris DVD. I still have 15% for the LIFAD shop with my ticket so I might do a little shopping.
    The neatest stuff I have left is also the Völkerball book and the flight case dildo edition of LIFAD. A shame the latter comes with a sealed copy of the album with the censored/omitted Ich Tu Dir Weh. Sometimes I feel like buying a deluxe sealed version of the non-censored version and putting it in there, lol

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Pro tipp: Now seems a good time to buy some stuff like the original Mutter LP (not the re-issue from 2017) and the likes as Rammstein fans are poor right now and invested in the new stuff. Saw some pretty good deals around the net. And I can only recommend the Rammstein book by Gert Hof as it's bi-lingual (german/english).

As for the live DVDs I still adore Live in Berlin the most, Völkerball is great too, but as I didn't like the LIFAD era that much I have to go with Paris although it sounds a little too over the top sometimes and the editing is horrible. I did enjoy the screening in cinemas though while the documentary that comes with "In Amerika" is one of the best Rammstein things out there.

But no, seriously... 1998 was the pinnacle for this band! Their energy level was through the roof and that very DVD captures the energy so well. This was shortly before their major breakthrough in the US and while Mutter kicked up the amps a notch production wise the following tour may have been at bigger venues but was limited production wise. Only with the release of Reise, Reise did the tours get bigger again as a whole and the shift from NDH to goth dance metal with more melodies was achieved. I very much like the fact that each live release captures a transition for this band. Whether you like it or not, but every official live release felt relevant when it came out. I have major gripes with this band, yes, but I actually find every release very enjoyable for what it is.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-22-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Don't understand why LIFAD is at the bottom of many of your lists here. After having a few weeks to digest untitled, here's my list:
    1. LIFAD
    2. Mutter
    3. Untitled
    4. Herzeleid
    5. Sehnsucht
    6. Reise Reise
    7. Rosenrot

With this list by no means I'm saying Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Reise Reise or Rosenrot are bad albums, it's something that's bound to happen with a band that has such amazing discography (excellent albums appearing at the bottom of one's list). I don't keep going back to Rosenrot that often. As for the untitled album, here's how I would rank its songs:

Top tier (as in, right there with the best Rammstein songs): Deutschland, Radio, Tattoo
    Really really good: Puppe, Weit Weg, Diamant, Hallomann
    Good: Zeig Dich (a little too Rammstein by the numbers but still good), Was Ich Liebe (the keyboards in this song save it for me)
    Could have done without: Auslander (too tongue in cheek for me, although the last 30 seconds of the song or so are quite good), Sex (for me there's something forgettable about this song, although again, the keyboard solo at the end kinda redeem this song)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Where’s our Zeig Dich music video?

edit: and Ramm4 for that matter!
    Last edited by Erneuert; 06-24-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Where’s our Zeig Dich music video?
    I had an “Omen” marathon (yes, even part IV and the remake) with my partner recently and I keep on thinking of Damien whenever I hear those opening choir vocals, haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Video showcasing cities for a 2020 tour

https://www.facebook.com/22330837712...36&v=e&sfns=mo

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The band just posted a teaser on instagram "Get ready for 2020". Dates I could make out are:

Berlin
    Hamburg
    Lyon
    Turin
    Warsaw
    Tallinn
    Trondheim
    Göteborg
    Aarhus
    Klagenfurt
    Leipzig
    Stuttgart
    Zürich
    Ostende
    Belfast
    Nijmegen
    Düsseldorf

Very Central Europe heavy again and no signs of any US or Asian dates yet. Guess the production will wrap up in Europe and go overseas in 2021 latest. I'll try to get tickets for Berlin and Klagenfurt eventually. Edit: Ah @AbjectMark qas quicker.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-24-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, I guess it's safe to say there won't be any dates in between the current ones and these new ones. So nothing for fall 2019. I'm assuming that these will be late winter/early spring like Feb-April. Then they will be in the US for the fall festivals (Aftershock, Louder than life October 2020) will a US tour around those and 2021 will just wrap up places they never went like Asia, Australia, Russia smaller markets in EU.

So, I guess I'll be planning a European vacation for 2020. Which is fine, we were already planning to go to Germany for August 2020. Guess we'll just have to bump the trip up to the spring now. I'd rather see this tour production at a stadium in Europe before it gets toned down in the USA anyway.

Also: this is currently trending around the internet lol:

Last edited by ManBurning; 06-24-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    oh my god, the pronunciations... the way Till says 'ch' sound (Ich Will, Buck Dich etc) is so different from this guy. (Although I remember reading a long time ago that it's somewhat a deviation from a the proper ch sound, let the German speakers correct me)
    Last edited by fillow; 06-24-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's safe to say there won't be any dates in between the current ones and these new ones. So nothing for fall 2019. I'm assuming that these will be late winter/early spring like Feb-April. Then they will be in the US for the fall festivals (Aftershock, Louder than life October 2020) will a US tour around those and 2021 will just wrap up places they never went like Asia, Australia, Russia smaller markets in EU.

So, I guess I'll be planning a European vacation for 2020. Which is fine, we were already planning to go to Germany for August 2020. Guess we'll just have to bump the trip up to the spring now. I'd rather see this tour production at a stadium in Europe before it gets toned down in the USA anyway.

Also: this is currently trending around the internet lol:

I hope they play Chicago Open Air! They did in '16 same day as Ministry!!! (Nearly as epic as Riotfest '17! I know it's spring but still!!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It's funny how Americans want to travel to Europe for Rammstein whereas I would die to see NIN in the states. My only concert experience in the US was Cold War Kids in New York in 2014... phew!

If I could choose or was asked on my opinion I would definitely try to see Rammstein in Spain or Portugal. Klagenfurt would be nice as the capacity is "only" 32.000, so that might be a good size for taking in the show and getting a better glimpse at the band.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It's funny how CANADIANS want to travel to Europe for Rammstein whereas I would die to see NIN in the states. My only concert experience in the US was Cold War Kids in New York in 2014... phew!
    Fixed that above.
    (I don't know how to do the strike through/cross off. So that will have to do)
    We don't get Rammstein OR NIN up here in Canada either, so we have to travel to America as well for these bands...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ah no offense. Just a general observation, but that does include Canadians aswell.

Fun fact: It's Richard's birthday today.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tourdates are up:

25.05.2020 Klagenfurt, Wörthersee Stadion
    29.05.2020 Leipzig, Red Bull Arena Leipzig
    02.06.2020 Stuttgart, Mercedes-Benz Arena
    06.06.2020 Zürich, Stadion Letzigrund
    07.06.2020 Zürich, Stadion Letzigrund
    10.06.2020 Ostende, Park De Nieuwe Koers
    17.06.2020 Belfast, Boucher Road Playing Fields
    24.06.2020 Nijmegen, Goffertpark
    27.06.2020 Düsseldorf, Merkur Spiel-Arena
    01.07.2020 Hamburg, Volksparkstadion
    04.07.2020 Berlin, Olympiastadion
    09.07.2020 Lyon, Groupama Stadium
    13.07.2020 Turin, Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    17.07.2020 Warschau, PGE Narodowy
    21.07.2020 Tallinn, Song Festival Grounds
    26.07.2020 Trondheim, Granåsen
    31.07.2020 Göteborg, Ullevi Stadium
    04.08.2020 Aarhus, Ceres Park

Pre-Sale starts next Friday with Fan-Sale next Wednesday. I'm trying to get tickets for Berlin and Klagenfurt. Location-wise Talinn looks the most interesting though.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The last time they were here in Australia was 2011!

@dlb, all my recordings from both shows are up as playlists on my channel if you wanna watch! Got scorched both times during Sonne:

First video is day 1 to left of stage near Paul. Second video is day 2 dead center rail.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 06-26-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The last time they were here in Australia was 2011!

@dlb, all my recordings from both shows are up as playlists on my channel if you wanna watch! Got scorched both times during Sonne:

First video is day 1 to left of stage near Paul. Second video is day 2 dead center rail.
    Nice, my last show (that one where they band was allegedly drunk) my friend Chris and I were on the rail for and it was so goddamn hot, not just from the crush of the crowd, but all the pyro! I thought I was gonna pass out. Not just once or twice, but constantly, the whole damn show!

(and yes crowds at concerts were way more rowdy back in the late 90s, so you had crowd surfers coming over head constantly. At least I got a high five from Flake when he was in the raft!!)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tourdates are up:

25.05.2020 Klagenfurt, Wörthersee Stadion
    29.05.2020 Leipzig, Red Bull Arena Leipzig
    02.06.2020 Stuttgart, Mercedes-Benz Arena
    06.06.2020 Zürich, Stadion Letzigrund
    07.06.2020 Zürich, Stadion Letzigrund
    10.06.2020 Ostende, Park De Nieuwe Koers
    17.06.2020 Belfast, Boucher Road Playing Fields
    24.06.2020 Nijmegen, Goffertpark
    27.06.2020 Düsseldorf, Merkur Spiel-Arena
    01.07.2020 Hamburg, Volksparkstadion
    04.07.2020 Berlin, Olympiastadion
    09.07.2020 Lyon, Groupama Stadium
    13.07.2020 Turin, Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    17.07.2020 Warschau, PGE Narodowy
    21.07.2020 Tallinn, Song Festival Grounds
    26.07.2020 Trondheim, Granåsen
    31.07.2020 Göteborg, Ullevi Stadium
    04.08.2020 Aarhus, Ceres Park

Pre-Sale starts next Friday with Fan-Sale next Wednesday. I'm trying to get tickets for Berlin and Klagenfurt. Location-wise Talinn looks the most interesting though.
    I am shocked as hell to see these are a whole year out! Why plan this so far in advance? Does that mean the band will be taking from the end of this years run til the beginning of next years off? Or do you think there will be some other dates thrown in the fall or spring?

Well, either way... this works out very well for us. We were considering going to Europe next summer to try and catch one of the festivals there, so this works out wonders. Can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Never planned a vacation 1 year in advance before lol.

And that fan club... I forgot about that... I need to sign up (If I still can!)

EDIT: Nope... they're not taking new fan club members until after the sale of this round of tickets... bloody hell... Missed out on that.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-26-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haha what a dick move, but I can already imagine that their database of buy-tickets-only-members has gone through the roof until their memberships are expiring. Really hope my buddy is able to snag a ticket on Wednesday.