Page 84 of 123 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    haha, Stripped aborted after first verse and note at the bottom saying the band were drunk at this performance.
    Yes there is a recording of too. My middle school friend and I convinced his mom to drive us four hours to go to it, we got there 4 hours early and managed to get on the rail. It was brutal and my ribs were bruised so badly I couldn't bend over for a month.

I want to see proof that the band was drunk though? Newspaper article? Something, because if they were, I was too young to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    My guess is either at the very end of the year of early next spring for America. I'm not holding my breath for anything more than the standard NY-CH-LA shows too.
    I'll gladly go to chi town again but hopefully Minneapolis or KC would be nice.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    My guess is either at the very end of the year of early next spring for America. I'm not holding my breath for anything more than the standard NY-CH-LA shows too.
    Yeah, I'm going to 2nd next spring as a prediction. If there were fall shows, we would have heard about them by now. Rammstein like to announce their shows and have tickets go on sale a good 4-6 months before the show's even start. If we don't hear anything in the next couple weeks, it's safe to say there won't be anything until next spring/summer. I'm guessing they're in the front running for the spring DWP festivals (open air, Rockville, epicentre, sonic temple) for next year. If not, they'll be at the falls ones for sure for 2020.

I think they'll play more than NY/CHI/LA. Won't be super expansive, but probably more along the lines of the 2012 made in Germany north American run. I'd guess a good 12-15 dates at minimum.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Didn't Richard say that this touring cycle will last up to 4 years? I'll be damned if they don't get that show overseas or at least have a proper tour in the states and south america. There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't, especially with a record that seems to be their most accessible one.

Counting the hours until tomorrow. In the meantime I finally got my hands on this book and I might grab the long lost Mutter tourbook tonight if everything works out.

Last edited by dlb; 06-07-2019 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Regardless of wherever they go in the US I'll be there. This band has been on my bucket list since I was 12 and I've still never had a shot at seeing them, so if this ends up being it, I'm not hesitating.

I'm so happy seeing so much praise for the new album! Usually a ten year gap makes it hard to feel satisfied by whatever follows it but most people I've seen discussing it here or elsewhere all come off as either enjoying it or highly enthusiastic towards it. I remember when Richard was talking about it being more "musical" and diverse I was kind of writing it off as typical PR speak for a new album but this thing does cover a lot of ground and is way more than a paint by the numbers follow-up to the RR/Rosenrot?LIFAD sounds. Flake having such a prominent role makes me thrilled and boosts a lot of these songs. I've always found it lame that he took such a backseat for everything post-Mutter (and even on Mutter his presence was muted compared to the constant synths and dance vibes on Sehnsucht).

This pretty much scratches all the itches I could have for a new Rammstein record, and it's clear this was a sincere effort that they tried to push themselves on. I feel like if you're going to wait so long between albums you'd better make it worth it versus putting out something exactly like what you did before and I really did not know if they'd do that here or not, but they totally made something unique while still very clearly being them. It's got a little bit of almost everything I've loved in their music and enough freshness and diversity to keep it from getting stale quick or feeling redundant in their catalog.

I'm kind of torn on the stadium thing. All the vids look weird and I'd have a hard time enjoying a show where there's such an intense distance between the band and the audience, not to mention the day light stretch feeling awkward for this band. I don't see them doing stadiums in the US so hopefully we'll get an arena-size variant of this which would also mean that necessary beginning stretch could be switched up a bit. They look excited as hell to be playing the new songs but the crowds I've seen in videos look like they have no idea what they are, so I'm kind of grateful they won't be coming over here for a while -- most fans should have had time to digest and appreciate it by then.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Regardless of wherever they go in the US I'll be there. This band has been on my bucket list since I was 12 and I've still never had a shot at seeing them, so if this ends up being it, I'm not hesitating.

I'm so happy seeing so much praise for the new album! Usually a ten year gap makes it hard to feel satisfied by whatever follows it but most people I've seen discussing it here or elsewhere all come off as either enjoying it or highly enthusiastic towards it. I remember when Richard was talking about it being more "musical" and diverse I was kind of writing it off as typical PR speak for a new album but this thing does cover a lot of ground and is way more than a paint by the numbers follow-up to the RR/Rosenrot?LIFAD sounds. Flake having such a prominent role makes me thrilled and boosts a lot of these songs. I've always found it lame that he took such a backseat for everything post-Mutter (and even on Mutter his presence was muted compared to the constant synths and dance vibes on Sehnsucht).

This pretty much scratches all the itches I could have for a new Rammstein record, and it's clear this was a sincere effort that they tried to push themselves on. I feel like if you're going to wait so long between albums you'd better make it worth it versus putting out something exactly like what you did before and I really did not know if they'd do that here or not, but they totally made something unique while still very clearly being them. It's got a little bit of almost everything I've loved in their music and enough freshness and diversity to keep it from getting stale quick or feeling redundant in their catalog.

I'm kind of torn on the stadium thing. All the vids look weird and I'd have a hard time enjoying a show where there's such an intense distance between the band and the audience, not to mention the day light stretch feeling awkward for this band. I don't see them doing stadiums in the US so hopefully we'll get an arena-size variant of this which would also mean that necessary beginning stretch could be switched up a bit. They look excited as hell to be playing the new songs but the crowds I've seen in videos look like they have no idea what they are, so I'm kind of grateful they won't be coming over here for a while -- most fans should have had time to digest and appreciate it by then.
    I dont think Rammstein will do stadiums here in the US.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    New Destroy All Humans! trailer:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I’ve fallen behind on my New Yorker reading, but fortunately my husband spotted this fairly enthusiastic profile from a few weeks ago:
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...artic-camp/amp

It works well as a surprisingly comprehensive primer while also being entertaining if you’re already well-versed (as you’d hope for from a publication of the NYer’s stature).

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    This one starts in the dark!

Just finished watching this all the way through finally and noticed that Till doesn’t have any flames going on behind him during the title track. What gives?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Just finished watching this all the way through finally and noticed that Till doesn’t have any flames going on behind him during the title track. What gives?
    Holy smokes! A full show? Damn... Not gonna watch it, as tempting as it is. I have a feeling this is what setlist they are sticking with for the next 2 years at least. I don't want to spoil the whole show and get tired of it even before I go see a show... whenever that is.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So consider this 100 Euros well spent! What a night... wow!

The band is literally on fire and Till sounds absolutely amazing. I have no idea how he does that, but every tour seems to be an improvement on his vocal delivery.

I'll make it short, but out of 5 this was my second favorite Rammstein show after 2011 in Berlin. Why is that? Well, my concerns came true as the first 45 minutes in broad daylight get kinda lost and while the stage looks even more impressive once you're standing in front of it. It's the same problem with every open-air show. It's just not as atmospheric as it would be at night or in a closed venue. Which leads me to the next complaint... the stage is too big. Once you're standing a little bit farther away you won't see the band at all anymore, yet you want to take the whole stage setup all in. So you will have to ask yourself if you want to be upfront and see the band while missing out on the grander scale of the whole spectacle or if you want to see the whole concept eventhough you won't see as much of the band.

I still dislike the new record alot, but the new songs fit in very well with the setlist. Deutschland is a banger live and I couldn't have been happier with it. Radio is a nice tune to get heads boppin as well, Puppe lacks the punch it has on the record, Diamand is nice, but ultimately a filler track. Ausländer gets the party going, but is still a cringey track imho, Zeig dich and Tattoo get their job done as well, but are inferior to older fan-favorites.

My highlights? Definitely seeing Heirate mich live again, Sonne was the song of the night with more flames than ever before (damn, it got really hot as we were standing right next to one of the poles) and Ich will is a very good song to close the set. I love how they changed up some of the songs in their last third, so tracks like links 2,3,4 get a nice treatment that makes them a little more fresh again. And jesus, the lighting concept on this show is truly beautiful. The very end of the show even makes you tear up a little bit, I won't spoil it and it's not included in the Barcelona video above for some reason, but wow... what a way to leave the stage!

Downsides?
    Well, as I said before, daylight kills the vibe of songs like Mein Herz brennt. And I have to confess that while they go all out on some songs, there is pretty much no show during others, zero pyro, a few flickering lights and that's it. Also the huge scale of the stage makes some favorite effects a little less impactful. The canon during pussy is rather small (too small, hehe) for a stadium and Mein Teil used to be more impressive as well in smaller venues. I'm also a bit dissapointed with the visuals for Rammstein and I was actually missing Feuer frei. Funny that such an overplayed song for some reason still belongs to the set. And that's my last point: the setlist is great no doubt about it, but it felt a little anti-climatic. The flow wasn't always the best it could be, so I guess they will fine tune that in the future. And seriously, nobody needed that Deutschland remix, but by then we had plenty to drink so a quick walk for the toilet has never been so inviting.

Overall, this band is just magical live. There's a certain atmosphere that you won't find with any other band and I had great fun singing the classics with some of my best friends. While I prefer smaller shows and this one was way too big in my opinion, I still had a blast to see such a huge production with so many songs that I thoroughly enjoy. I'm keen on knowing where they go from here, what will change, will there be other songs, effects etc. Don't miss this show if you have the chance in the next coming years! I do hope I get another chance as well to see them play like those off-dates in 2016.

Here are some impressions and my shitty face:
    Last edited by dlb; 06-09-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    ^ I agree re: the stage being too big and lack of pyro (though Mein Teil has plenty!).

I’m really curious how they left the stage. @dlb , can you put it in spoiler tags please?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Yeah, but the small details, especially Flake and his antics, are really lost as long as you are not standing frontrow, which is sad. But then again, I really enjoyed soaking up the whole spectacle aswell and there is plenty to see!

They bow and kneel as usual, but yesterday they Spoiler: were standing on a platform that became an elevator lifting them way up high until they reach the Rammstein logo where the band gets totally enlightened, while Duo Jatekok are playing the piano version of Sonne. Till actually had a rather cracked voice when he said thank you. " Ihr ward... (long pause) geil. Dankeschön!" So the show must have been a really good one for the band as well.

That doesn't sound like a huge bang, but I thought it felt very sincere and modest after such an inferno. And well, we all had a little tear in our eyes.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-09-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hmmm.... they changed the setlist tonight and cut the set short of 2 songs (well 1 actually, as Seemann was rather done as an interlude last night). But no "Rammstein" today and "Ohne dich" was played instead on the mainstage and not on the b-stage. Wondering if something broke down or what led them to omit a song today...
    Last edited by dlb; 06-09-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    That sounds amazing! Always happy to see Seemann performed.

haha:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, I had no idea that the new album was out until a couple of days ago. It's fucking awesome. Been on a huge kick since.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Damn good cover.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That sounds amazing! Always happy to see Seemann performed.

haha:

Here's another angle.
    It's literally when the rest of the band are doing their boat trek across the mosh pit to the main stage hahahaha...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Here's another angle.
    It's literally when the rest of the band are doing their boat trek across the mosh pit to the main stage hahahaha...

Officially best frontman of all time for doing that. LMAO

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I wonder what he did the other times as he's ascending the stairs on the b-stage while everyone else is getting ready for the boats. In the end he's helping everyone back on stage.

Also noticed that this is probably Rammstein's most colorful show to date going by the lights and the stage attire. I like Olli's and Paul's gear the best this time around, while I think Olli knocks it out of the park with that egyptian/persian-style he's got going this time, looks really mean and all around bad ass. Till with the python-leather and red hair not so much and what's with Richard in white? His other costumes especially the black coat look really nice, but not too different to what he's worn for the past 10 years. I used to like his stuff the most since 1997. And Schneider's Super Mario cape is a funny detail aswell.

Really hoping for some other gigs down the line in 2020 or 2021. Maybe a little bit smaller in scale and more focused on the songs.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I wonder what he did the other times as he's ascending the stairs on the b-stage while everyone else is getting ready for the boats. In the end he's helping everyone back on stage.

Also noticed that this is probably Rammstein's most colorful show to date going by the lights and the stage attire. I like Olli's and Paul's gear the best this time around, while I think Olli knocks it out of the park with that egyptian/persian-style he's got going this time, looks really mean and all around bad ass. Till with the python-leather and red hair not so much and what's with Richard in white? His other costumes especially the black coat look really nice, but not too different to what he's worn for the past 10 years. I used to like his stuff the most since 1997. And Schneider's Super Mario cape is a funny detail aswell.

Really hoping for some other gigs down the line in 2020 or 2021. Maybe a little bit smaller in scale and more focused on the songs.
    Speaking of attire, why does Richard always wear some variation of a red arm band?

and yeah, that white coat reminds me of fluffy chicken feathers.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but it looks like the band members themselves have instagram accounts now (as per who the official Rammstein band account is following)

They are all verified and from the initial posts are only like a week old?

Saw Till posting instagram story clips lol

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but it looks like the band members themselves have instagram accounts now (as per who the official Rammstein band account is following)

They are all verified and from the initial posts are only like a week old?

Saw Till posting instagram story clips lol
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BymqeeWpGVq/

till_lindemann_official

Unique “dick necklace” real sterling silver limited edition only 100 pieces
    order Now!!! we ship worldwide!!!
    www.doctordick.de

lmao

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Uh oh. Trouble in Till's world. Hopefully the charge doesn't stick, otherwise he could be banned from coming to America if this sicks.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/06/rammstein-till-lindemann-accused-assault-germany/?fbclid=IwAR202J-581FHIa8beFPEQ36pv0MmDv5tQDrIyF7kwzz-2S_f-4f8N5HIA9E

Last edited by ManBurning; 06-12-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Uh oh. Trouble in Till's world. Hopefully the charge doesn't stick, otherwise he could be banned from coming to America if this sicks.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/06/rammstein-till-lindemann-accused-assault-germany/?fbclid=IwAR202J-581FHIa8beFPEQ36pv0MmDv5tQDrIyF7kwzz-2S_f-4f8N5HIA9E

I read a post that said the guy was asking for a selfie with Till, and he didn’t want to or wasn’t in the mood or whatever, which led to the guy getting pissed off and making the remark about his lady friend. It seems he got what was coming to him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Sounds very much justified on Till's part. Hope he doesn't get in any legal bother as a result of this.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Sounds very much justified on Till's part. Hope he doesn't get in any legal bother as a result of this.
    Till is this much concerned about it: backstage with a hedgehog... https://www.instagram.com/p/Byn4I_UJGIQ/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Till is this much concerned about it: backstage with a hedgehog... https://www.instagram.com/p/Byn4I_UJGIQ/
    Sonic The Hedgehog movie cameo confirmed!!!!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Looks like they aren’t playing Sex before Tattoo anymore?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Looks like they aren’t playing Sex before Tattoo anymore?
    Dammit, you're right! They scrapped it.
    Bloody hell. Was one of the better tracks from the new record too.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Dammit, you're right! They scrapped it.
    Bloody hell. Was one of the better tracks from the new record too.
    Flake seemed to really enjoy doing that keyboard solo part too. Wonder why they axed it?