Page 67 of 123 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The solo Lindemann song is decent aside from the rapping guest spot. Hopefully anymore upcoming music is more like Skills in Pills than like this single.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What an unfunny trash this new Lindemann single. The first album was sort of tolerable, now it's a step into Marilyn Manson territory

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah that new Lindemann track is not doing it for me at all, i thought the Skills in Pills album was half decent but this new single is in a whole other universe of awful.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://metalheadzone.com/rammstein-...-future-plans/

Richard sounding rather burnt-out:

>>

During in a recent interview with Loudwire, Rammstein guitarist Richard Z. Kruspe said that new Rammstein album might be the last one -again-.

Interviewer asked:

“Every time Rammstein is about to release a new record, you’ve always said, ‘This is the last one.’ Do you feel in your heart that the next album really is the last one?”

Richard responded:

“I always say that, and believe me, it’s very true when I say that. I really believe. That’s the funny thing about man, they tend to forget bad things. Every time I talk to a man that had a bad relationship and I talk to the women, or I talk to my ex-girlfriend, it’s like, ‘What? It wasn’t that bad.’ They’re like, ‘Oh, you forgot about that and that?’

I was sure that, for me, the last time was the last time. It’s like the saying, ‘If you want to make God smile, tell him your plans.’ You think something and then life teaches you otherwise.

There’s a certain age where you question about how much time do you have, you know? Is this the end of what you want to achieve in life? Is there maybe something else you want to do in life? Is there something else you want to learn in life?

Do I want to do another Rammstein? At the moment, I don’t because I did for four years of fucking Rammstein records. At the moment, I feel like I don’t want to do anything anymore, I’m fucking tired of music. At the moment, Emigrate is out and I’m very, very happy. The Rammstein record is coming out (we’re thinking about April at the moment) and we’re going on tour probably for the next three years. I don’t know, so many things can happen.

I know I’m privileged. Having a band that sold out stadium tours in four hours — it’s crazy. The world of Rammstein, I always feel it has to stop at one time. It has to go down, but it grows and grows. It’s scary sometimes.”

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ^ By the sounds of that, they might not even make it to 3 years of touring, lol. 3 years sounds like a lot on paper. I don't generally look further than 1 year into the future myself, let alone 3. I have a feeling they're all going to be burned out rather quickly.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    The opening reminds me of a mix of Depeche Mode and the beat of “Closer”.

Richard actually mentioned in a recent interview (and in the past, I believe), that he most wants to collaborate with Martin Gore from Depeche Mode.

In said interview he also said that “Let’s Go” is an old song and written as far back as the original Emigrate album in 2007. He said that he and Till actually planned on doing something together, but the rest of the band weren’t happy about it, so he eventually made it into this Emigrate song. I guess Till ended up doing Lindemann instead.

He describes his early days with Till as “fun and crazy” and acting like cowboys, hence the “survive another day” - “ride on for another day” lines. @ManBurning, it makes me think of this song, “Cowboy” by Lindemann and “Roter Sand” all kind of linked together with that knowledge.

Some other tidbits: he originally wanted Serj from SOAD to do vocals for “War,” but he said he didn’t know what to do with it and that Richard should keep his own vocals on it, which he took as a compliment. Cardinal Copia met Richard for the first time when he played “I’m Not Afraid” to him, but he said he doesn’t do collabs. When he heard the song he changed his mind and committed to it. Richard also says that he had a movie script written out and was going to write the soundtrack for it, but didn’t end up having enough time and money so went with just making the third record instead.

Here’s the interview and also behind-the-scenes from the You Are So Beautiful video shoot:

Hmmm, I just read the lyric booklet and it says “right on” rather than “ride on” for “Let’s Go”... but then every online source says “ride”. Then again, the next song is written as “I Am Not Afraid” in the booklet rather than the correct “I’m Not Afraid”.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This is apparently the setlist for tonight in Mexico:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsBykfZHNUW/

All I can say is, glad I didn't spend a few thousand dollars on flying down there for this. Not even a single new song debut? Mehh...
    This is the 2016-2017 festival setlist with Spoiler: Tequiero Puta thrown in there. Disappointing to say the least.

Hmm, I'm comparing it to other setlists, and I just noticed not a single song from LIFAD is there at all! Interesting.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This is apparently the setlist for tonight in Mexico:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsBykfZHNUW/

All I can say is, glad I didn't spend a few thousand dollars on flying down there for this. Not even a single new song debut? Mehh...
    This is the 2016-2017 festival setlist with Spoiler: Tequiero Puta thrown in there. Disappointing to say the least.

Hmm, I'm comparing it to other setlists, and I just noticed not a single song from LIFAD is there at all! Interesting.
    Well that’s kinda disappointing. But then again I hate hearing songs live first, so not really that fussed.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    It’s looking like it’s the same for night #2.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just read this in the comments section:

Lukas Höcker
    They said that new songs will played on the Tour 2019 and the first Songs could be available end of February or begin of March on YouTube, iTunes....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    There are apparently going to be 5 music videos from the new record.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ram..._QZo1XFNWyaH08

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    There are apparently going to be 5 music videos from the new record.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ram..._QZo1XFNWyaH08
    That’s ambitious!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    That’s ambitious!
    They usually manage about three per album, and Mutter has 5 (6 if you count the recent Mein Herz Brennt). I can only hope for each single there are b sides

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    They usually manage about three per album, and Mutter has 5 (6 if you count the recent Mein Herz Brennt). I can only hope for each single there are b sides
    There probably will be b-sides. Richard (or Paul?) said they had 17 or 18 songs picked out for the album. But only 11 were going to make the final cut as usual. So, there will be a few left overs that appear on b-sides I would imagine.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    True. I guess I meant ambitious in the sense of it’s a lot of extra work to do along with the busy tour schedule, etc. It would be awesome if they mean it’s split over two records and they release another one next year like Rosenrot.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If Richard's claim to a 3 yr life cycle for this record is true, then 5 music videos spread out over 3 years really isn't that bad.
    That's great news too, because you seriously cannot go wrong w/ a Rammstein music video. They are some of the best and most creative out there.
    I just want to hear the first single already. It's been waaaay too long!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    If Richard's claim to a 3 yr life cycle for this record is true, then 5 music videos spread out over 3 years really isn't that bad.
    That's great news too, because you seriously cannot go wrong w/ a Rammstein music video. They are some of the best and most creative out there.
    I just want to hear the first single already. It's been waaaay too long!
    Just please don’t let it be like the last first single we were treated to...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, let's keep the comedy tracks to Lindemann this time. Hopefully he got all that goofiness out of his system with Peter.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Since it was Manson's birthday today, I got curious to see how old he is compared to some of the other bigger bands members out there, and I realized it was Till's birthday yesterday! Jan 4th. He is 56 now. So big happy birthday to him.

All my favourite musicians are in their 50s now lol. Damn. Maynard, Till, Trent... who knows how much longer they're gonna do this for. Just thinking of any of these rock titans retiring from the industry brings a tear to my eye. I've grown up on and listened to some of these bands for 20 years now! Or more. I started getting into music in 1997. That's the year I heard my first Rammstein song when I bought the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation soundtrack. They had "Engel" on there. The next time I heard them was on the lost highway. I bought that soundtrack for "the perfect drug" and to my surprise, there were 2 more songs from this "German band from the mortal Kombat soundtrack" on there. Mu friend and I immediately became obsessed with Rammstein. This was before file sharing being readily available online as well, so we only knew these 3 songs. Then one day, while we were dicking around my house we have much music on and it said "up next, new video from Rammstein" and we were like "what the fuck!!!! No way. This random obscure German band is getting played on TV!? And they debuted " du hast" and it was epic.

Not too long after, we were anticipating the release of Manson's mechanical animals, and when we went to buy the record on release day, Rammstein's "sehnsucht" was sitting there on the shelf as well, and we were like WTF! And we bought that record as well.

Those were the good old days of discovering bands. Good times.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    *puts on best RZK accent*

Anoder niew interview wid Reechard Zee Kay:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/tone...ows-music/amp/

Rammstein worry that people are more focused on their live shows than their music

“When I thought to do another Rammstein record, I was like, ‘No, I’m going to do that. I’m not going through more suffering,’” Kruspe began. “That was four years ago.”
    “But what we did in the beginning is we said, ‘Let’s get together and try to come up with three or four songs.’ We didn’t really put any pressure on us, which was very important at this time.”

“Then I felt, like, ‘What would interest me on a new Rammstein record?’ I thought, ‘Every time people talk Rammstein, it’s about fire. It’s all about the show,’” he continued. “Nobody talks about the music anymore for Rammstein, and it kind of bothered me.”
    “I was thinking, ‘I want to do another record. It has to be musical in a way that can really stand out from other records.’ That was my goal, or our goal.”

Richard Kruspe also explained that the band’s desire to make a stunning record has definitely paid off, with the new album sounding like “Rammstein 3D”.
    “It’s so hard to say it, because I’m working four years on the record, I’m so close,” Kruspe continued. “I think when I listen to the record — we’re still in the process, but it’s almost ‘Rammstein 3D’ is how I describe it.”
    “We have written a lot of stuff, but we recorded, I think, 16 songs right now.”
    “We’re probably going to mix 11 songs because we’re running out of time right now. I think it’s going to be out in April, which will be the release date. Then, we’ll be on our first stadium tour, which is very exciting.“

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    16 songs? Wonder how many will appear on the actual album.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    16 songs? Wonder how many will appear on the actual album.
    Maybe we’ll get a bonus disc like with LIFAD?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    e l e v e n

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The magic number for all Rammstein album track lists.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    New Full Metal Jackie interview with Richard.

http://loudwire.com/richard-kruspe-r...to-four-years/

- Album is finished
    - Spent 3 years on it
    - Will tour next 3-4 years
    - Will most likely be out April
    - Touring Europe, America then Australia!

Will be the first time I see them here down in AU since 2011.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Paul describes the new record here:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ram...TmAlLWrqY-riu4

To be honest... I'm kind of worried now. This sounds worrisome.
    Sounds like we're getting a completely different sound from what we are used to.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    As long as its not shit like the till side project, I have faith.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I don’t see the problem, none of their albums have been angry and heavy through and through, there’s always a mixture of stuff, this will be no different.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Are Rammstein doing what TR did with “Everything”?

"It's not too sterile, not too clean,"
    Landers said. "It has a lot of life and energy in it, but it's not all angry. The music is more than that. It's different for RAMMSTEIN. You might even say it's fun to listen to."

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Honestly if the album is as fun as Ramm 4 then I'm in. That song is fun as hell.