Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123
Results 3,661 to 3,683 of 3683

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    So if this were released on Mutter, Ramm4 would be Ramm5.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Putting this here because of the Zeit video references.

https://www.kreisfilm.com/tag-mit-mutter

https://www.kreisfilm.com/showreel

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @WingWalker is this from one of those promo discs, going by the video description?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    2024 setlist update spoilers (from dress rehearsals)

Spoiler:
    Ramm4
    Keine Lust
    Wiener Blut
    Feuer Frei!
    Asche zu Asche

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    2024 setlist update spoilers (from dress rehearsals)

Spoiler:
    Ramm4
    Keine Lust
    Wiener Blut
    Feuer Frei!
    Asche zu Asche
    Studio version of the first one please!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Too bad there's nothing really new on there or unexpected, but I'm glad some oldies make a return again. Looking forward to later this month in Athens. My first R+ show in another country.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Been watching the rehearsals. Once the tour gets into full swing the awkward parts will certainly be smoothed out, but honestly, the opening is very poorly staged IMO. And it's a song I dislike, I miss Armee der Tristen, but that's my problem.

I was hoping for the return of Der Meister or Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen or the debuts of Weit Weg and Hallomann but at least there's some change.

Till looks terrible. He's lost a lost of weight so his costume seems to hang on him, and pale probably to protect his extensive tattooing. I wonder if extending the eels to the backs of his arms was to disguise the sagging skin (or perhaps keep himself from cutting again?) 60 year-old Paul and 57 Schneider & Flake have all remained in good training. And 53 year old Oliver has the physique of a man of 30. Till's muscles are gone, and since his image is of a hypermasculine male not ashamed to wear a pink fur shrug, it's a shame. He sounds fairly good though.

I won't be able to get to a show this time around. @dlb , please post a review of your experience if you can.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Flake looks like an Egyptian god or something with that gold thing on his head.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @Erneuert or that Sophie the designer was thinking of Erté. https://www.instagram.com/artdeco.joe/p/C478VLHuwd0/

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    @WingWalker : Sure, I'll post my review after the show! Not expecting major surprises here but I'm looking forward to how the Greek audience responds to the show.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Just now noticed they changed the “nah nah nah nah nah” part in Ramm4 with additional lyrics to make the song sound more polished.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    At least, I think new lyrics?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-26-2024 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    And they are back to playing the exact same setlist night after night, even though they are doing double, triple and quadruple dates in the same city.
    I will never get this, is it so hard to rotate at least a couple of songs back and forth? It's not for the lack of songs, they rehearsed Feuer Frei, but they are not actually playing it on tour. And they probably can do it in their sleep as it was a setlist staple for years in the past.
    Don't tell me it's due to complicated stage production too... no production is complex enough with 2024 technology to change a song or two the next day.

Meanwhile on the other side of the planet Pearl Jam are touring arenas with new production by Rob Sheridan, with over 90 songs in rotation, each with unique visuals (according to Rob, I didn't check for myself), and it's only 11 shows into the tour.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Back from Athens, I can safely say that the show met expectations: it was well conducted, the band played tightly, but with a bit of unenthusiasm. Till's voice was spot on, despite the incredibly windy conditions within the stadium. The Olympic complex in Greece is truly a sight to behold—better even than the Olympic Stadium show in Berlin!

There's not much else to say about the show that you guys don't already know. There were only minor differences, like some fireworks arrangements and Till's backpack during "Rammstein" didn't work properly, and the setlist has been discussed at length. I would have loved to hear "Feuer Frei" with its kick-ass live pyro effects, but I can live without "Wiener Blut." While it was nice to have different openers on the three legs of the tour I attended, I much prefer "Armee der Tristen" as the opening song.

An odd thing: Till didn’t mention Greece or Athens at all, instead choosing to shout "Malaka!" on different occasions and something in Greek during "Ich will" when it says "Wir wollen eure Hände sehen."

I was also surprised to see so many Germans at the show, but the Greek fans I talked to were really into it.

All in all, this was my favorite of the four stadium shows I’ve seen so far, mainly due to the amazing stadium, the genuinely nice Greek people, and the fantastic weather!

BUT: watching footage from the past shows the band really seems tired and not really into it. And as I was asked by alot of people I keep wondering if these shows will be their last with the mandatory final Berlin-run if they really choose to quit playing. Or they will indeed take a bigger break and kick it up one final time. If that happens I'd hope for smaller shows with a very different setup.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-04-2024 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure about these being their last shows. However, I feel like this additional leg of the tour is kind of unnecessary.

The show was amazing for the first few (I forgot how many) years it's been going on. But it's just been too long. It's just too samey now. And if that's what we feel as fans, probably it's also something the feel as a band.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The first few shows had many equipment issues. Richard had ongoing problems with his guitars and was yelling at the techs every time he went backstage; the Rammstein backpack in Athens, and so on. Frustration may have contributed to the lack of enthusiasm. But according to my friends, whatever the earlier shows lacked the band made up for in Marseilles. The audience was really enthusiastic and the band members picked up on the energy and built on it. I so wish I could've been there!
    @dlb , the opening text on the screen is from the GDR, yes?

And there was this from Paul Landers: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...81532557340243

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They could certainly have played a few more shows abroad instead of hitting the same countries/cities over and over again but hey, such is life, they will remain on the bucket list for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Meanwhile on the other side of the planet Pearl Jam are touring arenas with new production by Rob Sheridan, with over 90 songs in rotation, each with unique visuals (according to Rob, I didn't check for myself), and it's only 11 shows into the tour.

Come one. As much as I love Pearl Jam, comparing their stage design dependence to Rammstein is just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Re-reading that, I believe they were talking about the variation in setlist and not the stage design.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Re-reading that, I believe they were talking about the variation in setlist and not the stage design.
    I kinda took the most extreme case as the opposite thing to Rammstein intentionally. Of course I realize it's easy to swap songs when all you have to change is just some basic lights and a video in the back. But yes, my point was, change something, anything, ffs. No one's asking for NIN or PJ level of song rotation.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    To be fair, Pearl Jam goes up, plays a bunch of songs, talks to the crowd and riffs, plays more, takes an encore, Ed fucks with the setlist, they play, do another encore, close the show.

Rammstein has a highly choreographed production dependent on lighting, pyro, props, LEDs, hydraulic lifts and more. It's a production of a show and more than just a rock show.

Comparing the two is like comparing a 90-point schematic to a jar of jam.