Page 89 of 123 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Potentially scrapped, from what I’ve heard. Story I was told is that Akerlund basically made it into Pussy Part Two and the band were “uncomfortable” with what they got. They might just get someone else in to refilm parts, like MHB.
    Where did you read about that?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Where did you read about that?
    Various remarks from fandom people with connections (ie the Rammwiki crew).

I would assume there would be a video released around the time the second leg of the tour kicks off.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Here are the 10 cities from the photos they shared:

Real dates will most likely be later today. 2 big North American tour announcements are slated for Monday. Safe to say 1 of them is probably Rammstein, but if not today, will be by the end of the week.
    Whaddya mean the dates are obviously wrong? I thought Woverinekills was supposed to be 99% accurate? I already booked my hotel rooms in Minneapolis LOL! I'll change my hotel dates as soon as they release the real concert dates (hopefully before the hotels find out and jack up the rates for the concert night!). My wife and I are going to fly from Calgary to Winnipeg, pick up my older brother and sister in Kenora and drive down to Minneapolis for this show. We all went together in 2012 to see Rammstein in Winnipeg and they loved it!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The old "I know a guy online who knows another guy online..." Lol, I didn't even request the time off work.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Venues have been teased.

A post shared by on

These are by far the biggest venues they've played in the US. I wonder how well they'll fill them.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 01-20-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah stadium production! Looks like I was right about two of them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, the US Bank stadium in Minneapolis has a capacity of 66,655! Rammstein isn't Metallica, I question whether they can sell that many tickets. Maybe they'll have some awesome opening bands with them to help lure bigger crowds?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That's the Coliseum in Los Angeles. Capacity: 77,500.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, the US Bank stadium in Minneapolis has a capacity of 66,655! Rammstein isn't Metallica, I question whether they can sell that many tickets. Maybe they'll have some awesome opening bands with them to help lure bigger crowds?
    Yeah but who though? I can't even think of anybody.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I don't think there's much chance of them selling out any of these venues. But does it really matter?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I don't think there's much chance of them selling out any of these venues. But does it really matter?
    Maybe not to us, but to the band and their manager, it absolutely does. I'm sure it's rather expensive to book a venue of that size and much like how movies need to make X amount in order to make money and be successful, they need to sell X amount of tickets in order to be profitable. I was all but certain they'd play at Xcel Energy Center or Target Center, I didn't expect US Bank!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    They will absolutely sell out Foro Sol in México City (capacity: 65,000)...not sure about the other venues. Although, looking at the other cities, maybe they will not sell out Minneapolis, DC and Philly but I think they will sell out the rest...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There's also a chance they're co-headlining with another band like Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie did. We're seeing that more and more as the bands we grew up with get a little older. I could see Rammstein doing this with someone like Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed, etc.

We're also seeing things like the Ministry / KMFDM / Front Line Assembly "Industrial Strength" tour, where it's almost a mini-festival.

Granted, with the spectacle of a Rammstein show, I would think they would still have to be the main attraction, but more managers and promoters seem to be pushing package deal concerts these days.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    That's the Coliseum in Los Angeles. Capacity: 77,500.
    I found it weird the show isn't booked at the new football stadium or the new soccer stadium by the Coliseum.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Whaddya mean the dates are obviously wrong? I thought Woverinekills was supposed to be 99% accurate? I already booked my hotel rooms in Minneapolis LOL! I'll change my hotel dates as soon as they release the real concert dates (hopefully before the hotels find out and jack up the rates for the concert night!). My wife and I are going to fly from Calgary to Winnipeg, pick up my older brother and sister in Kenora and drive down to Minneapolis for this show. We all went together in 2012 to see Rammstein in Winnipeg and they loved it!
    Haha, I certainly hope you're joking about the fact you booked a hotel on leaked/unofficial tour dates haha. This was just the 1% he was wrong. S'all good. Well, except for the lack of Western date for this.
    But I'm being absolute MAD and flying to the most expensive city in the world for this tour, Zurich Switerland. So, who's the fool now!! It's only money right??? FML... I should have waited... I'm skipping this one out boys. Gonna be 10K in debt from this bloody European trip... Kill me now.

This tour is way too congregated to the East. These shows are not going to sell well, they're going way too in over their head on these venues. They never learned from their 2012 MIG arena run I can see. The venue here, and from what I've read a few others, moved the people who bought upper bowl tickets down to lower bowl to pack the seats in a bit more and closed off upper bowl. I don't see them selling out 50-75k seated venues. Europe, sure. North America? I donno... It's a stretch.

They should have spread the cities out a bit more though. More in central US/Canada and West Coast.

I mean, it will be the deciding factor on whether they ever come to North America ever again. No big deal, lol.
    It's gotta be expensive to fly all their stage show over and rent stadiums I would imagine.
    If this tour doesn't sell well, we might only ever see them at festivals from now on.

I think Montreal, Mexico City, LA, East Rutherford have the best chance at selling. Maybe add Chicago too.
    What the hell is a Foxborough though?? lol...

Minneapolis, hate to say it, but I think that will be one of the weaker selling ones.
    San Antonio as well. Seeing a lot of people online question why on earth they picked San Antonio, said they went there in 2012 and the venue was half empty.

I mean, I would love to be proved wrong and these just sell out in seconds (like the European ones did). Quite the achievement for a band that's in the industrial/metal scene and doesn't even sing in English.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The point I'm making is that venues this big don't have to sell out to still "sell well."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The point I'm making is that venues this big don't have to sell out to still "sell well."
    Well, yeah... if the cost of tickets is high enough. Wondering what prices will look like.

My GA ticket to the "feuerzone" was $255 Canadian ($195US) for the Zurich show. Curious if tickets are going to be on par or more than the European ones.

I mean, the GA area will sell out, no doubt about it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Them playing only stadiums on this tour is why I never bothered to travel to see them this time around. Been to a stadium concerts twice (not R+), couldn't see the band for shit, and the sound sucked too. On top of it, they're still riding on the same tropes and scenarios for the old songs that they did 10 years ago.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, yeah... if the cost of tickets is high enough. Wondering what prices will look like.

My GA ticket to the "feuerzone" was $255 Canadian ($195US) for the Zurich show. Curious if tickets are going to be on par or more than the European ones.

I mean, the GA area will sell out, no doubt about it.
    I'm sure as hell getting GA, Rammstein is the last of my favorite bands I haven't had the chance to tape!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I found it weird the show isn't booked at the new football stadium or the new soccer stadium by the Coliseum.
    the rent at those venues is probably much higher.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Really hoping ticket prices aren't too outrageous.. Rammstein is one of the few "bucket list" concerts I have left. Aiming for either Minneapolis or Chicago.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wouldn't be too worried about the capacities, but what strikes me more is what ManBurning pointed out: the tour stops are spread out a little weird. But seeing as the marketing is just kicking off with alot of people already talking about it, I'm quite faithful this will work out in Rammstein's favor.

I'm just hoping they won't bring Duo Jatekok with them. Really not looking forward to see them once again in Berlin and I hope you guys don't have to deal with it at all in the first place. But I'm with fillow when it comes to Stadium shows. It really is quite a passive experience with the band far away in the distance. Of course the stage setup is mindblowing, but small details are lost when you're not within the "Feuerzone". I'd wish they would scale things down for 2021/2022, yet I'm preparing myself for Berlin being my last Rammstein show (3 times Munich, 3 times Berlin).

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    New live song debut predictions?

- Vergiss Uns Nicht
    - Weit Weg
    - Hallomann
    - Ein Lied
    - Donaukinder

Unlikely but I hope:

- Spring
    - Hilf Mir
    - Mein Land

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    New live song debut predictions?

- Vergiss Uns Nicht
    - Weit Weg
    - Hallomann
    - Ein Lied
    - Donaukinder

Unlikely but I hope:

- Spring
    - Hilf Mir
    - Mein Land
    I predict the exact same set as 2019.
    No disrespect to the boys (they're my second fav band next to NIN), but they are kinda lazy when it comes to their live show. They tend to not take risks and usually choose a set of songs for a tour cycle and stick to it for the whole run. Not saying their live show sucks, it's great. Best live band I've seen. Just lazy in the aspect where they don't want to learn new songs to play live.

Kinda going back to what @fillow said above, they have been recycling the same tropes over and over just on different songs. The inflatable boat, the bathtub thingy with Flake, the spinning/sparkling bow and arrow...
    I wish they came up with some new tricks. Still a good show, but not the kind of tour you want to see multiple shows of. I saw multiple runs in 2010-2011 and the shows got pretty predictable and boring. It's all choreographed to go with the music. They know where to stand without getting hurt. It's all a production to go along with the music/lights/pyro. That's the problem with these giant arena/stadium shows.

Wish more bands would pull a "Cold and Black and Infinite" more often.

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post

I'm just hoping they won't bring Duo Jatekok with them. Really not looking forward to see them once again in Berlin and I hope you guys don't have to deal with it at all in the first place.
    Oh my god! I am not looking forward to suffering through that garbage AT ALL at Zurich. I saw the announcement they were bringing them along again, and I saw the comments section just RIP them apart saying they didn't belong as openers at a R+ show and put the crowd to sleep. Had no idea what this "band" was, and YouTubbed them... wow... terrible. They will be INSANE if they bring them to America with them.

Everyone on reddit is speculating that it's going to be a double bill show (like Manson/Rob Zombie) to attract a bigger crowd in USA, but I hate to crush their dreams, but R+ isn't going to do that. It's gonna be them and a dinky opener that they can BLOW OFF THE STAGE. I do think people on reddit raise a good point though, if they want to draw American crowds like those in Europe and sell out the venues, they have to tour will a better/well known opening act. 2 girls and a piano won't cut it in America, lol.

People think it might be 3Teeth joining them for the American run. Who knows, might even just be Joe Letz and a Laptop too haha. Rammstein have never been ones to bring good opening bands with them for some reason.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-21-2020 at 03:43 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Terrible opening acts are a commong thing with Rammstein, yes. Guess I only enjoyed Peaches back in 2016 for those Berlin shows. KMFDM would be nice actually. The only good thing about Duo Jatekok is them performing Engel with the band, but then again, I'd rather see that song being performed live as is.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    KMFDM would be nice actually.
    KMFDM did actually open for them back on the Sehnsucht tour in 1997. I used to have a Rammstein poster of a gig from then and it said "special guest KMFDM"
    That would have been a wicked show.

Guessing KMFDM have too much pride to open up for Rammstein nowadays. They probably think they're better than that, lol.

Hey, by the way @dlb , not sure if I ever asked you, but I may have, too lazy to scroll through the pages here... but have you ever gone to the Wave Gotik Treffen festival in Leipzig? That's where my girlfriend and I are heading this spring before the Zurich Rammstein show.
    Tried to get tickets to either of the Leipzig shows that weekend, but they sold out. Probably for the better, this way we can enjoy the actual festival and then still get to see Rammstein the weekend after in Switzerland.

The festival just popped in my head when we were talking about KMFDM because they said they will be there this year.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I've seen Combichrist opening for them on LIFAD tour and they were okay. I was really into Combichrist a few years before this, but grew out if their kind of music fast. Still, they were okay.

I wish Rammstein would do a simple in-your-face kind of tour with minimal production and heavy setlist rotation (like NIN do). Hell, I want every band to do this every once in a while. But of course it's not happening.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    • Thursday, August 20, 2020 - Montreal, QC - Parc Jean-Drapeau
    • Sunday, August 23, 2020 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
    • Thursday, August 27, 2020 - Washington, DC - FedExField
    • Sunday, August 30, 2020 - Minneapolis, MN - U.S. Bank Stadium
    • Thursday, September 3, 2020 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
    • Sunday, September 6, 2020 - Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium
    • Thursday, September 10, 2020 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
    • Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome
    • Saturday, September 19, 2020 - Los Angeles, CA - United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
    • Sunday, September 27, 2020 - Mexico City, MX - Foro Sol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Very happy with that date for MA, with Labor Day being the next day. Wish we knew price ranges. The friend I'll be going with wants to get tix in the Feuerzone, so I bit the bullet and signed up for LIFAD.

EDIT: and now I'm discovering that signing up for LIFAD was a waste as it's a generic presale code which has already been leaked.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 01-21-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone have personal experience with how quickly the “feuerzone” tickets have sold in Europe? I have the newsletter passcode but fearful scalpers with the LIFAD one will scoop a ton of them...