Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Woohoo!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If I didn't know any better, I would 100% think this was a folksy jam band specializing in Jimmy Buffet covers.

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Haha yeah, they look kinda goofy. And where's Till? Either wielding the camera or probably coming in later when the guys are set.
    @Erneuert : Finally a good source to identify the various demos I have on my harddrive from that era. Curious on what I'm missing.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Assuming that live shows do become a thing again, what live song do you think should definitely be resurrected? Like Heirate Mich was?

IMO, this is such a faultless performance. It definitely needs more live love. Nothing compares to it for some reason, at least to me:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Haha yeah, they look kinda goofy. And where's Till? Either wielding the camera or probably coming in later when the guys are set.
    @Erneuert: Finally a good source to identify the various demos I have on my harddrive from that era. Curious on what I'm missing.
    Yes that's the same thing I thought, they look like they are about to go to the beach! I wonder if they would have this record ready for the tour next year. I doubt it, but it'd be great to listen to new tunes in the new year. And yes, Till will probably show up later in the process.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Some stuff of interest.

Till sings in Crowded House (and does the backups in "Saddle Up").

Last edited by Erneuert; 10-15-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Till speaking Spanish haha

“not Zwitta”

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not sure if i already posted this very funny Mexican interview, it's in Spanish/German, but it's so great to see them having fun.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I dunno what it is lately, but every day I’m just getting flooded on YouTube with Rammstein/Lindemann reaction videos. There must be hundreds up on YT now, if not in the 4 digits.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    So the password hunt on the new Herzeleid website is still ongoing. In the meantime some Russian kid got access to it, but as per usual with these Russians (jk) they don't share when it comes to Rammstein. :P

Here's a screenshot. Looks like another raffle to me, but what can you win?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Soooooo....

I bought the re-released Live Aus Berlin, only to be disappointed that it was region locked. I makemkv/handbraked it to a mp4, that I would be willing to share. If YOU PURCHASED IT ALSO and can't watch it, pm and I can help.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Anyone heard this intro to Stein Um Stein before?

edit:

Published on Nov 3, 2020
    For this version we cut together the song from a promotional CD, where it had the intro synth. The normal album version, plus the XXI vinyl remaster, from which both "ramm ramm" during the short break

Last edited by Erneuert; 11-03-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That was fast haha.

I spun the self titled this morning. Still as awesome!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Didn’t you download those LIFAD demos back in 2012 when they first leaked? They played around with GMDA/Pussy a lot until they decided what they liked. The “I’m best before 2008” lyric was so cringe, lol.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Amazing quality:

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    And so is this. Haven't seen it in such good quality:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Look what showed up a day early! I EAC-ed/Traders Little Helper-ed it into FLACs and it sounds pretty good. Louder for sure but not too far off from the original mix, which is good because I liked the way R+ mixed this album and Sehnsucht originally the best.
    (and my Grandmother showed up too! No work either today )

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Nice, the packaging for the CD looks good! Still not too sure about the vinyl until I see it in person. But it seems like they updated the product shots and they definitely look way nicer than what was shown at first.

And look what else shows up for pre-order:

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog...nyl-black.html

Need to give this a spin again to see if I would like a vinyl version of it. At least this time the price seems fair for what's included. But I remember not being too fond of it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Amazing quality:

That's right up there with the Moscow multicam(s), but I think this has the best audio. I downloaded it and watched up thru the end of Links and had to shut it off for now because I started crying because This band means so much to me and I was so excited to see them this year since I haven't seen them since 1999 and I've never even heard anything off mutter live and I'm glad it got postponed till next year but I doubt the world is gonna be back in shape from this pandemic by then and I'm scared their gonna cancel outright and issue refunds I don't care about the money they can keep it just reschedule for 2022 please the stones still have my money and ticket master just says "postponed" so rammstein can keep my money too if it means I can see them from the FEUERZONE and pull sick tapes from the minneapolis and chicago shows damnit I just bought a new rig for taping last year and only used it handful of times

Sorry for the rant

And so is this. Haven't seen it in such good quality:

That's such a good pro shot, I love that one and the 100 Jahre Rammstein show. The Bizarre 1997 is really good too, a few early versions of songs from Sehnsucht and that sick Tier intro with Ollie's exploding guitar. If anyone has that one in decent quality and could pass it my way, pm me please.

Nice, the packaging for the CD looks good! Still not too sure about the vinyl until I see it in person. But it seems like they updated the product shots and they definitely look way nicer than what was shown at first.

And look what else shows up for pre-order:

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog...nyl-black.html

Need to give this a spin again to see if I would like a vinyl version of it. At least this time the price seems fair for what's included. But I remember not being too fond of it.
    Yes it sounds great, the booklet is nice too. Some of the lyrics are even still printed in French like the original, attention to detail there I like it
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-03-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Yeah, that edit is really good. I really need to stop messing around with past NIN tours and just do something amazing with the 1080p footage from 2018. Such projects are just a pleasure to work on.

This edit highlights something that's been bugging me about this R+ tour (and any stadium tour in general): the band is just so fucking far away...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    And that has been the only true downside of the tour last year for me. While the stage is a beauty and you get to soak it up only if you're watching from a certain distance, you won't see much of the band. So it's either Feuerzone if you want to see them up close, but you will miss out on the grander fireworks or regular tickets with a perfect view of the whole specactle, yet close to zero interaction with the band members.

Another reason why I'm always a bit bummed out that NIN only play Berlin when they hit Germany. The Zitadelle is a nice looking venue, but it's just a shitty open air experience if you really dig the band and want to dive in.
    Last edited by dlb; 12-03-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    That Herzeleid package looks delicious!

I’d love a random new single to appear out of nowhere like the new Lindemann violin cover.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    That Herzeleid package looks delicious!

I’d love a random new single to appear out of nowhere like the new Lindemann violin cover.
    Yeah like they did for Mein Herz Brennt? Like what 15 years after Mutter came out?

Can you imagine a video for DER MEISTER and the single would have Clawfinger remixes of Laichzeit and Asche zu Asche, and a proper studio recording of Schwarzes Glas a B side?
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-03-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah like they did for Mein Herz Brennt? Like what 15 years after Mutter came out?

Can you imagine a video for DER MEISTER and the single would have Clawfinger remixes of Laichzeit and Asche zu Asche, and a proper studio recording of Schwarzes Glas a B side?
    Funny how in 2001, the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth tracks were all singles and they omitted MHB as a single. It’s like they looked back and thought “fuck it, let the album have 6 singles”. How many artists have the first 6 songs of their albums all be singles in their own right? haha

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ended up paying for the Herzeleid Remastered CD, the sucker that I am.

Looks good so it will have a nice place made for it in my CD rack.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

Yes it sounds great, the booklet is nice too. Some of the lyrics are even still printed in French like the original, attention to detail there I like it
    Any hints on the password for the Herzeleid-website within the packaging or booklet?

In other news:

I think I've only shared one live photo here so far, so I decided to link my Rammstein stuff that I have on Instagram for you guys (feel free to follow me if you're interested in concert stuff from Germany (and other places) in general).

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Last edited by dlb; 12-04-2020 at 10:06 AM.