Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @dlb can you give some background on this?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, I've been meaning to check that one out! Thanks for the reminder!

It's a popular franco-german "talk show" where two very different celebrities meet. Mostly they discover each other's hometown and usually this format gives alot of great insight. It even changed my mind on some people who appeared on it over the years. Alot of memorable moments that some friends of mine and me often recite even after years.

Funny to see that they've chosen Joey Kelly for Flake, as Kelly is friends with Till. They even made a big coffee table book together which you can buy on the official store where they traveled along and on the Yukon river.

Here it is in better quality: https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/091199...nd-joey-kelly/ (sadly only French subtitles available)

I'll watch it over the weekend and will make sure to let you guys know if Flake said anything interesting about Rammstein.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rammstein working on new songs during quarantine.

https://loudwire.com/rammstein-new-s...8h-am0Zzu3zUeQ

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Rammstein working on new songs during quarantine.

https://loudwire.com/rammstein-new-s...8h-am0Zzu3zUeQ
    Now that’s the sort of news I like to hear!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ I hate those BossHoss guys, but I'll give the interview a listen and see what else Schneider has to say:

- moving the stadium tour feels weird, but they saw it coming, calls playing stadiums the supreme discipline
    - the band was very nervous playing their first stadium shows even more so selling out most of them
    - during the rehearsals nearby neighbours called the police because of "light pollution"
    - he considers the Olympic Stadium in Berlin his favorite stadium in the world and a dream to come true
    - playing clubs is more exhausting to him than big arenas, calls arenas the ideal setting for Rammstein
    - he started playing trumpet in an orchestra and was heavily inspired by the percussionists to play drums, started playing drums with sticks from old new year's eve rockets and other stuff he found, learned playing as an autodidact
    - his idols are straight forward drummers that see themselves serving the band rather than being stars on their own like Phil Rudd, sees himself as an average drummer
    - he's nervous when seeing people like Dave Grohl or James Hetfield in the crow or at the side of the stage
    - he knows Chad from RHCP very well as he's a big Rammstein fan who's even been to their studio and to Schneider's home in Pankow
    - he still feels a strong rebellious DNA within Rammstein coming from their upbringing in East Germany
    - classical music is a huge influence on him, his first rock record was a classic rock record before getting into 70s hard rock (Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin e.g.)
    - listened to a lot of Jimi Hendrix and never liked your typical 80s music, he admits he likes pop music these days
    - started listening to Ministry, Lard and Pantera in the early 90s calling them the best metal bands out there
    - cites Clawfinger as a huge late influence on his style in Rammstein eventually ending up with Jakob Hellner as a producer
    - started playing in punk bands without alot of knowledge before getting to know bands like Dead Kennedys, UK Subs and finally playing for Die Firma and Feeling B
    - would love to do a small project on his own especially when Rammstein is not doing stuff, but he hasn't found it yet
    - prefers private jets over the nightliner obviously and staying at the hotel after shows
    - considers David Lynch one of the greatest things to happen to Rammstein, yet they sent him a CD beforehand as they wanted him to do a music video
    - loves Kraftwerk and considers them the best German band out there, even a bit above Einstürzende Neubauten
    - personally he has achieved much more than he could ever think of and he's very thankful for that so his goal for the future is enjoying life with his family
    - he can see himself playing totally different music in some capacity in the future though
    - he never liked the nickname "Doom", but he appreciates the fact he has a nickname
    - he's a heavy shazam-user so he choose "run run run" from "Yeah But No" to close the podcast

Nothing groundbreaking, but funny to hear him speak for so long especially with people from Berlin themselves, quite heavy on dialect at times and he's definitely one of the more humble guys in Rammstein.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-16-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What ever happened to Jakob Hellner?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Jesus Christ I hate those BossHoss guys
    A little clarification for non-germans:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ I hate those BossHoss guys, but I'll give the interview a listen and see what else is interesting.

- moving the stadium tour feels weird, but they saw it coming, calls playing stadiums the supreme discipline
    Thanks for the summary! What did he mean with "playing stadiums being the supreme discipline"?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @dlb who would be the most humble? He and Paul?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Really hoping the work on new songs comes to something. As much as the new record didn't really gel with me, I'm delighted to know that more new Rammstein is a possibility.

That said, I hope when they do call it a do, they do some cashing in with some big ass deluxe editions of each record, disc one of each album remastered, and disc 2 consisting of leftovers from the respective album sessions - I'd lay down good money for that shit knowing what's potentially out there from the leaks over the years.

A guy can dream...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @dlb who would be the most humble? He and Paul?
    Definitely Olli, but in the end he's the most quiet one in the band and very very introverted. Guess Schneider, Paul and Flake are the most humble, whereas Richard and Till tend to lean thowards the rockstar lifestyle a bit more. Then again, given their success all six of them are very down to earth when compared to others. You can really tell that they all come from a non sophisticated punk background even after all those years and I actually believe it when they say that they just want to have fun. (not too sure about Till anymore as we discussed earlier and over at the Lindemann thread though...)

Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Thanks for the summary! What did he mean with "playing stadiums being the supreme discipline"?
    The most difficult, but in the end most satisfying configuration for a live show when you pulled it off succesfully. He still thinks that arena shows suit Rammstein the best and seems surprised that the first stadium run went down so well with only minor technical difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    What ever happened to Jakob Hellner?
    Schneider didn't get into detail, but explained that they tried to do things diffently with the last record and that they wanted to experiment more. Jakob did produce Lindemann's "skills in pills" though.

And while browsing today I discovered another nice Flake piece. This time he appeared on "Hope @ Home" where he visits Daniel Hope in his living room, reads from the book and even perfoms the Feeling B song "Langeweile". It's in English fortunately, but be ready for some really cringey "Hogan's Heroes" style German accent from Flake.

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/096904...me-episode-11/
    Last edited by dlb; 06-16-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Really hoping the work on new songs comes to something. As much as the new record didn't really gel with me, I'm delighted to know that more new Rammstein is a possibility.

That said, I hope when they do call it a do, they do some cashing in with some big ass deluxe editions of each record, disc one of each album remastered, and disc 2 consisting of leftovers from the respective album sessions - I'd lay down good money for that shit knowing what's potentially out there from the leaks over the years.

A guy can dream...
    No disrespect to the band at all by saying this... but, trust me... you won't have to worry about endless special editions and socks and coasters and cell phone cases and board games and forks and knives and dinner plates and wine and dog and cat clothes and shampoo and so on when the band calls it quits. They've almost made a second career our of selling random merch. More so than the music itself it seems.

Once the band does "call it a day" I see the legacy of Rammstein living on forever thru various random every day items they will keep pumping out.

Definitely Olli, but in the end he's the most quiet one in the band and very very introverted. Guess Schneider, Paul and Flake are the most humble, whereas Richard and Till tend to lean thowards the rockstar lifestyle a bit more. Then again, given their success all six of them are very down to earth when compared to others. You can really tell that they all come from a non sophisticated punk background even after all those years and I actually believe it when they say that they just want to have fun. (not too sure about Till anymore as we discussed earlier and over at the Lindemann thread though...)
    I feel like if anyone could get away with walking around out and about in public, it's Oli and maybe Flake. Which is funny, because I've seen Flake out and about before 100% (He shot me down for photos. kept walking. Said no photos) Saw him after a show he did in Quebec city in 2016. I was on the way to the train station. I congratulated him on a great show the night before, but he didn't seem very personable and wanted to keep walking. He probably figured nobody was going to recognize him lol. I heard from someone that Flake is usually the hardest member to get photos or autographs from. Said he's not a huge fan of the rockstar lifestyle and just wants to live a normal life. So I believe it when you say he's more on the humble side.

As for Oli... not 100% sure it was him, but when I was in Paris in 2018, I was in a train station and I saw someone that looked EXACTLY like Oli walking by. Wasn't 100% sure if it was him or not. I know that was around the time they were recording their 2019 album in France, so the timing was accurate. It very well could have been him. I feel Oliver can be the one and only member that can get away with walking around in the public 100% of the time and not worry about being stopped for photos or autographs.

Funny, I actually have autogs of all 4 "humble" members (Flake, Paul, Schneider, Oli) from a previous encounter in Toronto in 2001. The 2 I was missing are Richard and Till. I don't want to discredit the other members worth at all, but those are probably the 2 autographs of the bunch you want the most of all 6 members, lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-16-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Till and Richard seem to stay at the after show party and fancy bars/restaurants a little more whereas the other guys like going for a stroll, probably because of the very reason you named, both are the most recognisable than the other guys. I can show you about 5 guys in my neighbourhood that could look like Flake... :P

The one time I met Richard he was very cool and down to earth as well as I gave him a light. 2011... wow, time flies! Nice that you got to meet the rest of them @ManBurning . I have to confess that I'm always ready to bump into them whenever I'm in Berlin which has been quite often for the last three years, but of course that's totally idiotic as big as the city is and me never having met another celebrity there apart from official interviews and events.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-17-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Nice that you got to meet the rest of them @ManBurning . I have to confess that I'm always ready to bump into them whenever I'm in Berlin which has been quite often for the last three years, but of course that's totally idiotic as big as the city is and me never having met another celebrity there apart from official interviews and events.
    Yeah... funny story actually. I think I've told this story on here before, or at least on the old Herzeleid.net forums... But regarding meeting the 4 of them. It was in 2001 in Toronto while standing in line waiting to get into the venue for the show. We got in line at like 10 or 11am to try and be first, I think there were 2 guys in front of us, but that's besides the point... I want to say maybe... early afternoon, around noon or 1pm a car pulled up and the 4 of them got out of it and started walking around to the back of a venue, so... I left the line and started following them, lol.

Met up with them around the corner. Had my Herzeleid CD booklet with me, got the 4 of them to sign on the pages of their photos, and I asked to get photos. Mind you, this is back in 2001... The world has not yet adopted to digital cameras, so I was still rocking an old school film camera. All 4 of them agreed to snap photos with me (Awesome!) This was like the highlight of my life. I was fresh out of high school graduation that summer and this was basically my high school grad gift was to go to Toronto to see this "German band" I was obsessed with, lol. I had literally JUST turned 18 3 days before the show, so this is like... any 18 year old kids dream.

So I was over the moon. Went back in line, hoping to get a glimpse of Richard or Till before getting into the show to complete my autographs/photographs. But, no dice. So, well into the show... I'm pretty close to the front, couple rows from the barrier (this was a small ass club too), and while Rammstein was preforming, I took my camera out and someone knocked it out of my hand, and the camera went flying on the other side of the gate where the security guards were standing. Camera hit the ground. The security guards were nice enough to give it back (even though they seemed hesitant... you know, this is the age before cell phones... no video/photos are usually printed on the tickets), however... after the show, when I went to get the film developed, my worse fear came true... the impact of the camera hitting the ground must have pre-exposed the film, because the film was all blank... No photos came out...

That was one of my worst moments of my life at that point. Met the band, got photos and didn't even have the photos to prove it. Just a story to tell now. So, ever since then... my mission was to kinda always find the band members again to retake those missing photos... I honestly didn't think I would ever actually find any of them out and about again, but when I came across Flake again, 15 years later, he totally shot me down to complete at least 1/4 of my dream of getting at least 1 photo back. I've always kind of resented Flake since then, lol. I mean... I guess time and fame changes a man? I donno. Maybe he only played along in 2001 because the other members were there and he didn't want to seem like a jackass. Maybe he's always been like that, or maybe just time has gotten to him and he doesn't really like the fame.

Oh well. That's my story about meeting the band anyway. You know what they say, never meet your heroes. Unless your hero is Dave Grohl. That guy is the nicest guy in the world. (I have met him too on the street. He stopped for a photo and autograph too, but that's another story haha).
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-17-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Sucks to hear he was such an ass, then again we all are, we're sophisticated culturally-educated Germans. Guess he was just uncomfortable like he usually seems to be when on his own. I kind of hate myself for not going to the book signing he had for the first one, that only would have cost me a 20 minute drive and leaving office a little earlier. Damnit!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what poem it is referred to in this item description?

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog...r-alle-da.html

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Rammstein are very happy to announce the rescheduled dates for their North America Tour today!

The tour will now begin
    on August 22, 2021
    in Montreal and
    end on October 1, 2021
    in Mexico City; the full list of rescheduled dates are below.

All tickets for the original shows will be honored at the rescheduled dates. Ticket holders will receive an email notification from the ticketing company soon that includes information on how to request a refund if you are unable to attend the rescheduled date.

Unfortunately, the previously scheduled show in Washington, DC has been cancelled due to scheduling issues, and refunds will be available at point of purchase.

To purchase tickets for the 2021 tour, please visit
    Rammstein.com

Thank you so much for your patience, and we are looking forward to seeing you next year!
    NEW DATES:
    8/22/21
    -
    Montreal, QC
    - Parc Jean-Drapeau
    8/26/21
    -
    Philadelphia, PA
    - Lincoln Financial Field
    9/1/21
    -
    Chicago, IL
    - Soldier Field
    9/3/21
    -
    Minneapolis, MN
    - U.S. Bank Stadium
    9/8/21
    -
    Foxborough (Boston), MA
    - Gillette Stadium
    9/10/21
    -
    East Rutherford (NYC), NJ
    - MetLife Stadium
    9/18/21
    -
    Los Angeles, CA
    - Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
    9/24/21
    -
    San Antonio, TX
    - Alamodome
    9/30/21
    -
    Mexico City, MX
    - Foro Sol
    10/1/21
    -
    Mexico City, MX
    - Foro Sol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wish the MA date wasn't on a Wedesday. It was previously scheduled for the Sunday before labor day, which is perfect. I'll have to request time off from work for the Wednesday date, and that's a rough time of year for time off because that's in the first couple weeks of school.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This tiny clip makes me want another new live release, without the choppy camera work like on Paris.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I still have tickets to the reschedule date in Zurich for next year, but I think I'm going to try and sell them and go for Montreal instead. I don't think I'll be comfortable going overseas for a while. Just stay in Canada again next year will be my game plan. Hell, I don't think I even am going to be ready to get on an airplane as early as next summer but... We'll see what happens I guess. I'd say a year is a while from now and anything can change but, you'd be surprised how fast a year goes. One minute it's Christmas, and then you blink and it's goddamn Christmas again for some reason...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I just noticed a similar theme here, @ManBurning . Remember when you mentioned Till and Peter Steele were born on the same day, both Capricorns? And Marilyn Manson is, too, and is friends with Till. What is it with these Capricorn males and sex? Till with the Lindemann stuff. Pete in playgirl mag in 1995. And, well, Manson speaks for itself. lol

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Here’s something we can talk about that might be interesting or end up being mundane as hell. Anyway, let’s try. Live songs that were played for a little bit then retired.

- Sex
    - Liebe Ist Für Alle Da (from the eponymous album name/tour/official fan club - this one I’ve found particularly odd)
    - Eifersucht (once - is this true?)
    - Amour
    - Dalai Lama

Not really going to include Mein Land or Rosenrot as they weren’t properly confirmed. Also not including songs like Das Modell or rare b-sides.

But for those five mentioned, why do you think the band creatively decided to drop them and play them so few times?

>

edit: another question before I forget. Who composed all the piano arrangements on XXI - Klavier? Flake? A bunch of different people? I’ve not looked into it and been curious. Yes, I have it on now!
    Last edited by Erneuert; 07-27-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    edit: another question before I forget. Who composed all the piano arrangements on XXI - Klavier? Flake? A bunch of different people? I’ve not looked into it and been curious. Yes, I have it on now!
    Arrangements: Sven Helbig & Lars Kutschke
    Performances: Clemens Pötzsch

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Now THIS is the bitch I was waiting for!

Last edited by Erneuert; 09-05-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rammstein have released a 160 page photo book documenting their 2019 European stadium tour for sale up on the official site.

It looks pretty cool, I think I might snatch one up.

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog...A_Kw6KEoeoDPIE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ah would love to grab one but then I might have to get every book there is right now. Or just the tour books for every tour I've seen? Argh...

Bummer they didn't release a book for the "Deutschland" video and just for "Ausländer". Bet that one would have had some killer production stills as well.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ah would love to grab one but then I might have to get every book there is right now. Or just the tour books for every tour I've seen? Argh...

Bummer they didn't release a book for the "Deutschland" video and just for "Ausländer". Bet that one would have had some killer production stills as well.
    Yeah, I never really liked the Ausländer video to be quite honest with you.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Now THIS is the bitch I was waiting for!

After watching this a few times... we really need a live release of this tour.