Page 95 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Aspect ratio is 16:9 and it plays fine, but then again, my setup is 10+ years old...
    Cool well maybe I'll have to dig my player out and watch it tonight. Yes it's flawed but it's still probably my favorite all time live release of any band.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Einsturzende Neubauten canceled their US tour, and they were playing Philly a week or two after Rammstein. They cited a complete halt to travel-related issues such as getting their visas processed.

This was going to be such a good year for shows, too.
    I know man, R+, Rage, The Stones, Tool and Ministry again. I'm getting the feeling even Cold Waves in September is gonna get canceled too. I doubt I'll even get to see Megadeth in November

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’d be down with them releasing more studio material.
    One of the only good things to come out of this situation is indeed bands releasing some candid stuff here and there. I highly doubt Rammstein will release anything for free or withouth some marketing, but maybe Richard or Lindemann let something slip.
    While I tend to agree that a lot of bands are going to use this down time to create some new music, I don't see Rammstein being one of them. R+ usually work best together in the same room bouncing ideas off each other. I don't see them working remotely over a video service, lol.

But yeah, the shows being cancelled/postponed are a huge bummer. Was so looking forward to this stadium tour. God knows if it'll happen now, if shows get postponed a couple years, will the band even want to go back out on the road? Till is pushing 60, they're getting old. I always figured this might have been their last album/touring cycle to end their career. Hopefully COVID didn't just put them into retirement early.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Nah I don't think they will go down that easy. They must be fired up at least to some extent to play this tour front to back and hit the mainland US/Canda at some point. Mexico as well given their popularity there. I can even see Lindemann going for another round overseas so I don't believe they will all call it quits because they might loose a year or two.

BUT another world tour for a possible 8th record? That's I were I would be having doubts. Let's see.

I can picture Rammstein becoming a one-off touring band after this major tour though. Like KISS to some extent, getting back together for a two-nights residence in Berlin maybe like they did in 2016, just to get the band back together and kick some dust off.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rammstein just posted an update on their 2020 shows on facebook. It's not much yet, but at least they made a statement:

Covid-19 // Rammstein Shows 2020
    Recently, several international governments have extended their bans on large-scale events. Also affected, unfortunately, are some of the dates for the 2020 Rammstein Tour.
    We are working on a solution for this difficult situation together with our partners in all the affected countries, and we hope for the understanding of those who have purchased tickets for the coming shows.
    As soon as we have precise and definitive information, we will communicate this immediately.
    Until then we ask for your understanding and patience, and we would also please request that you refrain for the time being from addressing further questions to the local event organizers, the band management, or the ticketsystems. An update will follow as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Apparently emails have been going out from Ticketmaster saying Montreal has been postponed.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, city of Montreal cancelled all large events until Aug 31, 2020. So the show fell within there. I anticipate the whole tour being postponed. Not gonna postpone 1 show and not the others.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The UK lockdown is extended for 3 weeks but I honestly can’t see their June 20th show going ahead. Even if schools go back I can’t see them allowing stadium events where people gather from all over the country by June

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The UK lockdown is extended for 3 weeks but I honestly can’t see their June 20th show going ahead. Even if schools go back I can’t see them allowing stadium events where people gather from all over the country by June
    Yes, I have tickets for Cardiff. Can't see 50k being there in under 2 months. It's currently a field hospital...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    Yes, I have tickets for Cardiff. Can't see 50k being there in under 2 months. It's currently a field hospital...
    I actually live near Cardiff so it was a bit frustrating they announced Coventry first and I pounced on the tickets when my friends could have come and stayed with me! I know they allowed you to change but with six people and transport booked that was a bit much. It’s all moot now though anyway! Hope you can attend the postponed date when they announce it

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Can the Rammlied (Trash-Terpiece Remix) that was the iTunes LIFAD pre-order still be obtained?

Nevermind, found it.

So I've been working on compiling all the remixes that are not part of Remix.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 04-19-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1 month until the tour starts and still no cancellations?

Slightly annoying.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, it should be obvious that all shows until June 6th won't happen, don't know about Switzerland at this moment, but I guess the shows there won't be happening either. All German shows will definitely not happen as planned as of now.

Considering the sheer volume of these shows I highly doubt that they will play any of the European shows due to logistic reasons. Fingers crossed that maybe the US and Canada dates can happen, but I highly doubt that given the size of these shows

Apr 17, 2020
    Recently, several international governments have extended their bans on large-scale events. Also affected, unfortunately, are some of the dates for the 2020 Rammstein Tour.
    We are working on a solution for this difficult situation together with our partners in all the affected countries, and we hope for the understanding of those who have purchased tickets for the coming shows.
    As soon as we have precise and definitive information, we will communicate this immediately.
    Until then we ask for your understanding and patience, and we would also please request that you refrain for the time being from addressing further questions to the local event organizers, the band management, or the ticketsystems. An update will follow as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just discovered this FM broadcast, guess I've had it in a folder for years.

https://rammwiki.net/wiki/29.11.1997_(concert)

It's just mp3s tho, and I don't have an info file with them. Does anybody have lossless or more info on the recording itself?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Just discovered this FM broadcast, guess I've had it in a folder for years.

https://rammwiki.net/wiki/29.11.1997_(concert)

It's just mp3s tho, and I don't have an info file with them. Does anybody have lossless or more info on the recording itself?
    It's available losslessly under the bootleg name Amsterdam In Flammen. Bonus track is from Live Aus Berlin:

https://www.discogs.com/Rammstein-Am...elease/1753325

Last edited by Jon; 04-26-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A well-known fan of Rammstein shared with me Download Links for 5- Tracks Demos (including Jeder Lacht) and 6- Tracks Tape (Flac)
    Probably the best circulating recordings you can find.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=101yqiR5qFUTqpM2Bp5xMeFiqUKK2F2Ce

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XD...mNA7mep0jPzZzr
    Last edited by blitzkrieg; 04-30-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing! So it's these two by the looks of it:

https://rammwiki.net/wiki/5-Track_Demo
    https://rammwiki.net/wiki/6-Track_Demo_3

I had the 6-track already, but not in this quality. Nice!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing! So it's these two by the looks of it:

https://rammwiki.net/wiki/5-Track_Demo
    https://rammwiki.net/wiki/6-Track_Demo_3

I had the 6-track already, but not in this quality. Nice!
    I love the promo sheet that came with the 5 track. They were already the biggest band in the world in 1994/1995.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haha yeah! Gotta love the sublines there! Form Rammsteins! Form fan clubs! Be happy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I live near The Ricoh Arena, Coventry. It's currently a key worker Covid 19 testing centre. Given the government is talking about extending testing I can't imagine that the arena would be available even without a continuing ban on public gatherings and concerts.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wow holy shit, thanks for those Demo links!!!

Also that OG Rammlogo is SICK.AS.FUCK.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Are they real or just made up symbols?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Looks like some loose interpretations or stylized forms of Futhark runes. I haven't personally seen the rune they use for the R e.g.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    official statement regarding 2020 stadium shows on the website:

Due to local event restrictions related to COVID-19, which now affect almost all planned dates, the band's 2020 stadium tour can unfortunately not take place.

We are currently checking whether it is possible to reschedule the dates and will communicate any updates as soon as possible!

All tickets will remain valid until then.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience.
    I mean, we pretty much assumed this would be the case.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    official statement regarding 2020 stadium shows on the website:

I mean, we pretty much assumed this would be the case.
    Worth noting that that’s just about the Europe tour at this point. Seems inevitable that it’ll happen to the NA dates too, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    If the Euro shows indeed happen to take place in the summer of 2021, then I will have bought the tickets for this two years in advance. Crazy times...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Worth noting that that’s just about the Europe tour at this point. Seems inevitable that it’ll happen to the NA dates too, but it hasn’t happened yet.
    They just posted this on FB and it doesn't say that it is specific about the European tour. I would assume that this also pertains to the NA leg, I mean, look at the covid-19 numbers in the US. It won't be happening this year, hopefully they manage to re-schedule for next year (because of the wording of the message, it is implied that they can still cancel, at this point I'm just hoping that I eventually get a show). But again, a concert at the moment is not a priority, safety first!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    They just posted this on FB and it doesn't say that it is specific about the European tour. I would assume that this also pertains to the NA leg, I mean, look at the covid-19 numbers in the US. It won't be happening this year, hopefully they manage to re-schedule for next year (because of the wording of the message, it is implied that they can still cancel, at this point I'm just hoping that I eventually get a show). But again, a concert at the moment is not a priority, safety first!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On their website the post is specifically titled "RAMMSTEIN TOUR DATES EUROPE 2020." It's possible they just copied and pasted that and didn't think to include the title. Either way it's irrelevant. No way are the NA dates happening.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On their website the post is specifically titled "RAMMSTEIN TOUR DATES EUROPE 2020." It's possible they just copied and pasted that and didn't think to include the title. Either way it's irrelevant. No way are the NA dates happening.
    I think it was just poor wording on their front by writing "EUROPE" in the headline, where you actually read the message and it pretty much says... well... here's the quote:
    affect almost all planned dates, the band's 2020 stadium tour can unfortunately not take place.
    To me, that says all shows this year have been cancelled, regardless of where they are. No way is North America happenings. Montreal was already cancelled as it falls in August and province of PQ said no large gatherings until at least Aug 31st (But I have a feeling that's going to be extended, because Quebec is getting slaughtered with the virus. Worst place in Canada gaining like 900+ cases every single day. That province alone has more than half the whole country's cases.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My Ticketmaster events tab doesn't have the "postponed" banner that the tool and stones shows I was going to, but I only bought the ticket for Chicago.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    German news outlets are speaking of a European wide cancellation. But I really doubt that the US tour will take place even if concerts of this scale are allowed then, German authorities will probably press against the band to fly overseas with such a big touring production. But we will see...

In the meantime I'm not very confident that they can simply postpone the tour until next year. Most of the big venues like the Olympic Stadium in Berlin only allow a certain amount of events to take place during the year and most of that is booked already. At least I know that they are facing this problem in Berlin right now.