Page 83 of 123 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’d love for that guy (or girl) who makes the extended Lindemann mixes on YouTube to make an extended version of Diamant. It’s so beautiful but too short.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    You guys will be the first to know as soon as I have some inside informations.

These days the Rammstein forums are a complete mess. Think ets is rude sometimes? Head over there... it's a miracle some of their members can even handle a keyboard. Then again, do they? No seriously, I have a hard time reading stuff over there. Miss the old forums from back in the day...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Herzeleid and that other site are pure garbage.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember what that Rammstein forum was or is called where they have these HUUUUGE threads where they only post pictures of the individual band members? I can't seem to find it anymore

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Finally, the review I've been waiting for!

I love Saynshookt. Great album.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrodoommonkey View Post
    I love Saynshookt. Great album.
    I like the song "Pope-Ah" from the latest record . It's a little suspicious when someone who says they are a fan can't pronounce words that are repeated multiple times during songs. Also, taking his ratings at face value, he thinks Billie Eilish is better than 80 percent of the things he reviews.

This album just gets better and better with each listen; I don't regret my hasty judgment of this being in the top 3 for me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    As far as YouTube reviewers, it’s just their opinion. You just have to think to yourself” it’s a damn shame they are not getting it”

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Despite the Saynshookt-gate it's a spot on review given you choose to see it from the perspective of the earlier records.

By now I came to really appreciate Reise, Reise btw and would rank it way higher than I did when it came out. Although the Völkerball DVD made a huge impact on me and saved the record for me. The book that comes with it might be one of my favorite Rammstein releases.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    As far as YouTube reviewers, it’s just their opinion. You just have to think to yourself” it’s a damn shame they are not getting it”
    I don't need Anthony Fantano to justify my musical tastes. He has the right to his opinion, and I have the right to comment. I enjoyed the record, and he didn't; oh well.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I don't need Anthony Fantano to justify my musical tastes. He has the right to his opinion, and I have the right to comment. I enjoyed the record, and he didn't; oh well.
    Well, he didn't completely hate it either. He could have torn it apart a lot worse,. He still gave it a solid 5/10.
    Me personally, It's a 9/10 score from me. This is hands down album of the year. I keep going back to it at least once a day. Normally I would have killed a record from overplaying it too much, but this one keeps me coming back for some reason.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    YouTube commenters are often looking for as much or more validation than the content creators. Doesn't matter if anybody likes what you said or not, it's how many thumbs (both up and down) that you can rack up. It's why I don't read comments. There are more attention seeking trolls than anything.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    No variation in the setlist for Spain, guess this one sticks then. Good thing, it seems proper in length and song-wise. The intro might bei their weakest yet, but oh well... as I said before, better not waste an inferno within daylight. 4 nights of sleep and I will give you direct feedback on what my impression was. Doors are at 4p.m. though... that's hella early to get a good spot at the front.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    No variation in the setlist for Spain, guess this one sticks then. Good thing, it seems proper in length and song-wise. The intro might bei their weakest yet, but oh well... as I said before, better not waste an inferno within daylight. 4 nights of sleep and I will give you direct feedback on what my impression was. Doors are at 4p.m. though... that's hella early to get a good spot at the front.
    Have a literal blast!

Side note: you sound (well, forum-sound) so non-German, haha. I mean your English is perfect. You’re born and bred, right? Either way it’s a compliment. :-)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Oh thank you! Well, struggling sometimes and often at loss for the right words, but doing my best. Yes, born and bred in Germany, never been abroad, but speaking and writing on a daily basis at my job (advertising) and at concerts.

I'm still debating whether I should go all in and wear some Sonne-inspired makeup and my "du riechst so gut" googles. Let's see... a Rammstein show in your hometown doesn't happen too often.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Do it!

I was just thinking about the live version of Puppe - does Till’s creativity have no bounds? The way he’s looking at Flake/Schneider and gesturing to them at the beginning of the song acting like an innocent child, combined with those lyrics... dayum.

I mean - dam dam.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This one starts in the dark!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Eh, out of sync audio kinda ruins this recording.
    Also, I can't help being slightly disappointed that several old songs reuse exactly the same props and effects they've been doing for years.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Have to agree, but some of it is just perfect (Mein Teil, Sonne, Du Hast, e.g.). On the other hand I'm close to being the only one in my circle of friends and music colleagues that has seen the band so many times. For most it will be their first time.

Same thing goes for being spoiled by live DVDs. I was hooked on "Live aus Berlin" and "Völkerball" so of course LIFAD left me a little disappointed whereas the "MIG" shows totally got hold of me and my inner Rammstein-nerd. This particular shows look like a totally different animal compared to their live shows though with the heaviest use of lights and lasers to date. Same with NIN actually, where I left with incredibly mixed feelings after the 2007 shows. Looking back the setlists where totally killer but of course no full-stage production that I was used to from "AATCHB" and "BYIT". Seeing the London show in 2014 had me totally hooked again. What a treat that was!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I wish they would bust out more rare songs from time to time. I just hate how static and predictable the sets become as the years go on. I understand they have to sync with songs with their pyro crew, and changing them on the fly would be nearly impossible. I just wish they would save 1 or 2 slots per show for rotating songs.

I was looking up setlists last night, and to my surprise, I was completely shocked and blown away that "Spieluhr" was played at one of the fan rehearsal shows before the 2016 festival run. Was the first time it was played since 2001, and they only played it that once at the rehearsal and never again. Curious as to why they scrapped it. The Mutter tracks they neglect are some of the best - Spieluhr, Adios, Zwitter.

I'd also like some more Sehnsucht love, like Tier, Eifersucht, Alter Mann, Kuss Mich. So man great tunes neglected!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    They could always switch songs and use the current pyro trick for it. Before ich tu dir weh was unbanned and put on the set list, the pyro tricks that we know and love for that song was used for rein raus. So it’s doable.

But seeing as how big of a production it is, I can see why they won’t change. Maybe be the second leg we will see a set list change.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Maybe be the second leg we will see a set list change.
    Honestly, can't see them opening the USA shows with "Was Ich Liebe"
    The song works in Europe, but I don't think it would be an appropriate opening track for a North American audience.
    So, I remain hopeful that the setlist will change a bit when the show is brought over here.

This show is designed for a stadium anyway, so I'm guessing it will be changed to fit areas, or whatever venues they plan on playing here.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Ok, so i guess now i can post my ranking:

1. Reise, Reise
    2. Untitled
    3. Mutter
    4. Sehnsucht
    5. Herzeleid
    6. Liebe ist Fur Alle Da
    7. Rosenrot

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I still never understood the hate for Rosenrot. So many great songs on that album.

Aside from like 3 or 4 songs I don’t like Mutter and it’s my least favorite. So I guess I’m controversial.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    1. Mutter
    2. Untitled
    3. Sehnsucht
    4. Herzeleid
    5. Reise, Reise
    6. Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    7. Rosenrot

This new album has no skippable songs for me and it is top to bottom wonderful. And, it was hard for me to do a ranking because I really like almost everything Rammstein has done. I hate waiting ten years for anything, but this was more than worth it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I still never understood the hate for Rosenrot. So many great songs on that album.

Aside from like 3 or 4 songs I don’t like Mutter and it’s my least favorite. So I guess I’m controversial.
    Daaamn! Not liking Mutter is insane! Defiantly a controversial opinion.
    I can understand how one would be tired or worn our of that album, but to flat out have it as their least favorite boggles my mind.
    I personally, am pretty damn tired of Mutter as an album, but that doesn't make it any less of a masterpiece. That album was amazing when it first came out.
    I just feel like some of the songs overstayed their welcome. They really ran that album into the ground and milked it for everything they could.

I'm honestly really tired of hearing Mutter songs in the setlist on recent tours. Like Fire Frei, Ich Will, Links... I can do without hearing any of those songs live ever again.
    Still think it's a solid record from begging to end though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    1. Mutter
    2. Untitled
    3.Reise, Reise
    4. Sehnsucht
    5. Rosenrot
    6. Herzeleid
    7. Liebe Ist Für Alle Da

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Daaamn! Not liking Mutter is insane! Defiantly a controversial opinion.
    I can understand how one would be tired or worn our of that album, but to flat out have it as their least favorite boggles my mind.
    I personally, am pretty damn tired of Mutter as an album, but that doesn't make it any less of a masterpiece. That album was amazing when it first came out.
    I just feel like some of the songs overstayed their welcome. They really ran that album into the ground and milked it for everything they could.

I'm honestly really tired of hearing Mutter songs in the setlist on recent tours. Like Fire Frei, Ich Will, Links... I can do without hearing any of those songs live ever again.
    Still think it's a solid record from begging to end though.
    The only songs I LOVE are Mein Herz Brennt, Sonne (top fave), Ich Will and Mutter. I could take or leave the rest. I can't stand Feuer Frei! Morons at school ruined that song for me since "it's awesome!'

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I can't stand Feuer Frei!
    ditto

Not to derail, but any rumors as to when we can expect North American tour dates?

(see that, i dint forget about our neighbors to the north and south )

My friends and I are talking hitting up at least 2 dates back to back. I havent seen Rammstein in nearly 20 years and I need to make up for lost time!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    ditto

Not to derail, but any rumors as to when we can expect North American tour dates?

My friends and I are talking hitting up at least 2 dates back to back. I havent seen Rammstein in nearly 20 years and I need to make up for lost time!
    haha, Stripped aborted after first verse and note at the bottom saying the band were drunk at this performance.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    ditto

My guess is either at the very end of the year of early next spring for America. I'm not holding my breath for anything more than the standard NY-CH-LA shows too.