Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Mutter sounds much more radio-friendly than Sehnsucht.
    that may be, but i agree with Triggermine. Sehnsucht sounds very much — in general, of course — like the band refining their ambition into the most accessible approach they could. Mutter takes that approach and refines it, so they sounded more comfortable in their sound and could really use it to its full potential — which is why it opens with an incredibly compelling and fluent 6 songs in a row, all of which have become R+ classics, and most of which were singles. the same cannot be said for Sehnsucht, which certainly has classic songs, but is very inconsistent in comparison to Mutter, and sometimes feels like it's trying too hard. the title track, for instance, is a poor opener, i think. it took me years to warm up to it!

i think every album has some filler in the last half, though, with "Küss Mich" being a prime example (does a song get any more generic Rammstein than that?).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The new boxset looks really neat, can't wait for mine!

I read on the Rammstein site that some boxsets contained factory errors and that Universal will replace them.

As for album rankings I'd say...

1. Mutter
    2. LIFAD
    3. Reise Reise
    4. Sensucht
    5. Rosenrot
    6. Herzeleid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. LIFAD (blew me away day it leaked, and continues to be strong to me)
    2. Reise, Reise (original fav)
    3. Mutter
    4. Sensucht
    5. Herzeleid

Sucks. Instead of getting tickets to show in Tampa, I bought them to NY show for Nassau Coliseum April 28th thinking I'd be there way before then but that fell through when person buying the house got into an accident 3 days before closing (the other day) and is in a coma, and his wife pulled out. May need to sell the tickets. I got the tickets emailed to me because I needed it in a hurry.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    that may be, but i agree with Triggermine. Sehnsucht sounds very much — in general, of course — like the band refining their ambition into the most accessible approach they could. Mutter takes that approach and refines it, so they sounded more comfortable in their sound and could really use it to its full potential — which is why it opens with an incredibly compelling and fluent 6 songs in a row, all of which have become R+ classics, and most of which were singles. the same cannot be said for Sehnsucht, which certainly has classic songs, but is very inconsistent in comparison to Mutter, and sometimes feels like it's trying too hard. the title track, for instance, is a poor opener, i think. it took me years to warm up to it!

i think every album has some filler in the last half, though, with "Küss Mich" being a prime example (does a song get any more generic Rammstein than that?).
    I will agree with you about most Rammstein albums second half's being weaker then the first, however not Sehnsucht! In fact, Sehnsucht has some of the best tracks at the end. I like the Rammstein tracks that are a little more rare and less played for some reason. Prime Example: Eifersucht. That song is spectacular all around, so is Alter Mann. ALter Mann used to be my faviourte song. Now I don't know if I only feel this way because those songs are more obscure songs that don't get alot of attention, but I think Sehnsucht starts off strong with a 1-2-3 punch of heavy hitters, sehnsucht, engel, Tier. Gets a little weak in the middle with Bistrafe Mich and Buck Dich, but Then it gets better again near the end with Spiel Mit Mir, then Alter mann, Eifersucht and I don't mind Kuss Mich.

Mutter has good tracks, and it's totally the album that defined them as a band. I will agree that the music seems alot more tight and more produced. But I donno, just something about it seems almost TOO over-produced. I liked the raw sound of Sehnsucht, like they just picked up and started jamming and just recorded whatever sounded good. Mutter seems like it was made by a group of perfectionists that were really trying to "break into a mainstream scene". This will probably make me sound nuts, but I can't really stand any of the singles on Mutter. I don't know if it's because they are so overplayed, but to me Feuer Frei! Links 2-3-4 and Ich Will aren't top choices of Rammstein songs I want to listen too over and over. I will admit that compare to the other albums Sehnsucht is a terrible opener. It's not epic or builds up to anything in the slightest.

I think if it's one thing Rammstein is known for it's the first track on their albums, they always put the best track as their opening track, the most epic song to start everything out with a BANG!! Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen, Mein Herz Brennt, Reise Reise and Rammlied. I'm not counting Rosenrot's opener "Benzin" as I consider Rosenrot a collection of left-over songs. So they weren't going for an epic concept album on that one. But excluding Benzin, you see that all the other songs there are very, very epic. Mein Herz Brennt has to be one of the all time best openers of all time. Going back to what I was originally saying, evn on Mutter I find my faviourte tracks are at the end. Zwitter, Adio and Spieluhr. Once again, the more lesser known songs.

The main point I was agreeing with was the first half of the albums are generally better. asside from Mutter and Sehnsucht I find that Herzeleid, Reise Reise, Rosenrot, and LIFAD have their weaker songs towards the end and I usually turn them off halfway or skip some. I just find the 1 album I can listen to all the way through is Sehnsucht (only skipping Klavier, lol). Herzeleid is a close second and then Mutter would round up the top 3.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I respect your opinion, but I think you are nuts lol

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I never re-listened to Herzeleid and Sehnsucht since Live aus Berlin came out, which I consider a pretty good best-of album of those two records, but after seeing them live and falling in love with Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen? again I dug deeper into the Herzeleid-sound and have to say that it's their strongest and most consistend album alongside Mutter which just flows perfectly. Mutter and Herzeleid are the only R+ albums that I can listen to all the way through.

Sehnsucht produced some of their hit singles and live favorites tough and I don't mind the title track. I really like it acutally, especially live, but have to agree that it's not a good choice to start off the record. Could have been Engel or Spiel mit mir like on the '98 tour. On a whole scale this album seems too forced and limited, a fact that the band seems to agree on. That's why they choosed to be more liberate sound and lyric-wise on later albums.

Reise, Reise is a solid record, Rosenrot I just can't stand and LIFAD never really stuck with me apart from the B-sides (Donaukinder!). I just don't like the new direction the band was heading for after Mutter and I really miss this cold and bold industrial energy that they once had. Seeing them live of course is a whole different thing, since they try to incorporate all the best from those 6 albums and usually find a good balance. The Made in Germany shows are a return to full form in my opinion and offer one of their best set lists to date. Still I'd kill for a proper DVD that contains footage from 2001-2002. I just can't belive on how much material these guys are sitting on, but oh well. I blame the management and Fialik for all things that piss me of with this band.

It's a love/hate relationship that I don't have with any other band.

My list:

Mutter
    Herzeleid
    Sehnsucht
    Reise, Reise
    Rosenrot
    Liebe ist für alle da

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post

It's a love/hate relationship that I don't have with any other band.

My list:

Mutter
    Herzeleid
    Sehnsucht
    Reise, Reise
    Rosenrot
    Liebe ist für alle da

I'll just cut your post down to just this, but the entire post you made was very well said. Agree with almost everything you said.
    Especially the love/hate relationship with this band. When they are good, they are REALLY good, but then when they are bad, well... they're not so bad they are untolerable, but it's kind of strange that they can make such masterpieces like reise reise, mein herz brennt and rammlied as opening songs and then they come out with some hit-or-miss songs/records like Rosenrot.

Actually, i am very shocked you rate LIFAD dead last after Rosenrot, especially after stating: "Rosenrot I just can't stand". i was totally expecting to see it last.

And the thing about the Mutter tour DVD, I couldn't agree more on. I think it was their best tour by far, in fact I was just looking at live footage on youtube from the 2001-2002 concert tour for Mutter, it's great stuff! I'm so glad I was able to catch a Mutter tour live, not to say the live show sucks now, as it's morphed into something COMPLETLY OUT OF THIS WORLD. They've really just continued to up the ante on each of ther live shows as their career goes on. I'm looking forward to seeing the "Made In Germany" tour in the spring, it looks like it's a tour to end of tours.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Exchange of the Super Deluxe Edition
    DATE: 2011 Dec 5th

Following dispatch of the MADE IN GERMANY 1995-2011 Super Deluxe Edition, we unfortunately became aware that part of the production run contains serious defects. If you discover one or more of these defects in your box, you can exchange the affected part of the box. Below is information on what to do.

1. Some CDs and DVDs were incorrectly sorted, leading to duplication of and/or missing DVD/CDs. Duplicate DVD/CDs can be exchanged.

2. The inner edges of the box have not been deburred and are therefore quite sharp. This was intentional on the part of Universal. Anyone who is bothered by this can also exchange the metal box itself.

3. On some of the boxes there is also evidence of marks and/or printing errors on the box packaging and the metal slipcase. If you discover this error, you can exchange your box or slipcase.

4. There is some evidence of stained cloths. The cloths are there to protect the contents from rust stains, and so are intended to be stained at a later point. Anyone bothered by the current stains can have the cloth exchanged.

5. RAMMSTEIN had intended a different binding to be used on the 240-page photo book, one that allows the book to be opened more easily and lets the photos flow into each other cleanly. The book will therefore be reprinted to the appropriate standard and anyone who wants to can exchange the book.

As it currently stands, the Super Deluxe Edition in no way meets the standard of quality which was desired by RAMMSTEIN and assured by the manufacturer. RAMMSTEIN has carefully followed the entire production process; the above errors appeared in the few areas which are outside the control of the band.

Universal Music is therefore immediately offering anyone who purchased a defective Super Deluxe Edition the opportunity to exchange any faulty components, postage free, and has pledged to correct the defects quickly and without any fuss.

Anyone wishing to avail of this offer should please send an email, specifying the defect, to the following address:

rammsteinbox@universal-music.de

or call the following number:

+49 30 52007 2355 (10am – 6pm CET)

According to Universal, you will immediately receive further information on the processing of the exchange.

Universal has said that the exchange and shipping of the correct CD/DVDs and/or photo book will take place as quickly as possible. As the components now have to be produced again, the exchange may take several weeks. Please notify your defects to Universal as soon as possible, as Universal has only agreed to take the items back until March 15th 2012.

We regret the inconvenience and are very irritated that our agreements and specifications were not complied with by Universal and their suppliers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, that sucks about the printing problems, but good on Universal for making up for it. This makes me feel just a little bit better about missing out on the cheaper preorder price that Amazon had for awhile on the boxed set, though.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Actually, i am very shocked you rate LIFAD dead last after Rosenrot, especially after stating: "Rosenrot I just can't stand". i was totally expecting to see it last.
    Well, LIFAD really did not stick with me. It's not a bad album and not as bad as Rosenrot IMHO, but other than Donaukinder I don't listen to any of these tracks anymore. I bought it the day it came out and listened to it for a week, but nothing happened. I really have a problem with the lyrics and the visual presentation of that album. It just doesn't click with me and the only tacks that I keep playing are Donaukinder and Waidmanns Heil. Roter Sand is okay aswell, but for me their weakest soft Rammstein-song.

And while I'd consider Rosenrot their worst album there are still songs on it that intrigue me more than the ones on LIFAD. Spring, Benzin and Ein Lied are regulars on my playlists and that's why I rank it a bit, but only the slightest bit, higher than LIFAD.

@Ryan: I'm more than glad that my deluxe edition arrived safely and everything was how it's supposed to be, but at least Universal is not a bitch about it. Reminds me of the Ghost limited edition.... :/
    Last edited by dlb; 12-08-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ya'll heard this demo?

Gib Mir Augen

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ^^ Wow, that song is good! Wonder where it came from...
    A LIFAD demo I am guessing since it says it's from 2008.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i can see why they left it as a demo — that piano is quite poorly used (though i like the rest of it).

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    All the Rosenrot/Stirb Nicht Vor Mir haters need to hear this, btw:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I like Gib Mir Augen, but what intrigues me the most is the countdown to another song right at the end. who the hell has possesion of these? and why in the hell do russians and south americans have access to these rare gems?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a ticket to the Houston show. Going solo for the first time since none of my friends or fam know or like Rammstein. IDGAF though 'cause I'm excited as hell.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    All the Rosenrot/Stirb Nicht Vor Mir haters need to hear this, btw:
    way better then the original!

Is there a place you can get all these demos together?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-08-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Grove street, home. At least it was 'til i fucked everything up.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I fully intend on spending a disgraceful amount of money i have saved on tickets to the London gig. Looks like most tickets are being sold on now for around 80 quid each and i'll end up buying a couple for friends too. If i didn't think they were such an incredible live act i wouldn't go to such efforts. Sigh.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    You won't regret it!

Even tough the band seems to differ in interviews I think this will be their last full-scale tour. After that they'll get a well deserved vacation and at least Richard will be working on some solo stuff. Since a new album takes a lot of time for Rammstein, it won't be until 2014 that we will get to see a major release or tour, I suppose. So fasten your seatbelts and enjoy what's one of their best tours since they first started out.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    great pics and vid there ryan. I cannot wait till spring.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Paul about the upcoming tour in America: “If I tell you, there won’t be any surprises… all I can say is, we tried to incorporate a good mix of all of our work. The band is really enjoying what we are doing and it’s kind of scary how well everything is going. We are looking forward to the American audience”.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I got 1 Floor ticket for the show in Houston on Friday May 25th, at the Toyota Center. I won't be able to go (going to the one in Vancouver instead), so I'm selling it at face value (107.5 USD, fees included). PM me if you want it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I really hope they play buck dich here in the states.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Paul about the upcoming tour in America: “If I tell you, there won’t be any surprises… all I can say is, we tried to incorporate a good mix of all of our work. The band is really enjoying what we are doing and it’s kind of scary how well everything is going. We are looking forward to the American audience”.
    I read that, but I highyl doubt they are changing up the set from how it is now. Maybe Paul just hasn't heard of a little thing called the internet yet, and that people share their concert experiences the next day and provide the setlist, lol. I mean, It would be neat if they gave America some surprises, but Rammstein are not known for changing up their show on different legs. The show I saw in 2010 in Quebec, was the EXACT same ones they did in the US 2011 tour.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    In case you guys haven't heard it yet: Deathstars will be supporting them for the second Euro leg in 2012 and by the looks of it will do the same for the US. Be prepared to spend some money on the bar while waiting for Rammstein to finally relieve you.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    In case you guys haven't heard it yet: Deathstars will be supporting them for the second Euro leg in 2012 and by the looks of it will do the same for the US. Be prepared to spend some money on the bar while waiting for Rammstein to finally relieve you.
    Is that an attack on deathstars? Lol
    I'm actually hoping they do tour with them for the US leg. I think they are decent.
    I mean hell of a lot better than combichrist, that's for sure!!

I'd much rather have touring support be Clawqfinger, or OOMPH! But they never seem to bring kick ass bands like that to North America.