Page 114 of 123 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the show in Zurich, a week ago:

A few notes (song spoilers ahead, if spoilers are a thing here):

• It was, of course, an amazing show. Rammstein never disappoint. Couldn’t quite top the MiG show from 2011 (I think it was), though.
    • They started shortly after 8 pm. Daylight isn’t helping for their spectacle, but once it turned dark, it was amazing.
    • It was LOUD!! Not recommended without ear protection
    • They played a good mix of songs from throughout their discography. I don’t listen to Heirate Mich a lot, but live, it’s a banger
    • I was surprised by the audience reaction that Mein Teil got … I don’t care too much for that song.
    • My personal highlights were Radio, Sonne, Ausländer
    • Having the audience sing Engel is very cool when you‘re actually there
    • With the new album being heavy on topics like time passing and saying goodbye (having us speculate if they‘re saying Adieu to us), I don’t see the guys retiring any time soon. They are energized and having fun on stage. Till did his knee hammer thing throughout the entire Links-2-3-4 and was really into it during the whole show.
    • They played around 2 h and 15 mins. I felt satisfied

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Funny you mention the MiG! That's exactly how I feel as well. From all the shows I've seen this one is my 2nd favorite one after the O2 Arena show in Berlin in 2011.

Duo Jatekok started at 7:30 sharp and Rammstein came on at 8:30 playing until 10:45 so yes, the show length is about 2h15m, more like 2h of songs if you forget about the boats, setting up a few things and the RZK remix, which sounds great in a live setting, but I just don't get the stickmen show. Seems very unfitting given how loud "Deutschland" is getting afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The MiG show was amazing from start to finish. The intro itself was out of this world. Tension was building right from the start, as the band walked through the crowd, over the bridge onto the stage.

In my case, the band actually walked by RIGHT in front of me. We were waiting for the show to start and had no clue what was about to happen, when suddenly security moved us aside, saying "The band is coming through." Holy f***.

Anyway, I've never seen a bad Rammstein show.
    Only gripe I have with the current tour is that there are no big screens. Being far from the stage, you have a great view onto the whole spectacle, but you can't see the band, at all.
    Apparently, it's their choice not to have screens, which would somehow disrupt the other visuals. I get it, and I love for Rammstein for doing things their own way, but nonetheless, would have been nice.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I will post some pics tonight and edit this post! Feel free to ask me anything.

@WingWalker: As I wasn't on the phone that much, any nice clips being posted from backstage on IG, TikTok?
    @dlb Many of the behind the scenes pics and videos have been by Richard. Apparently Joe Letz is now the 7th member of Rammstein; he's RZK's assistant and videographer and coordinates the afterparties. Paul & Schneider have posted mostly pictures. The Rammstein Belgium Facebook has lots of good stuff, including a German article describing the stage tour for visually impaired fans led by Paul Landers. https://www.facebook.com/RammsteinBelgium/

A few questions:
    --How was Till's performance? Did he look fit and active? And was he just overcome with emotion at the end of Adieu or did he have an anxiety attack?
    --What was it like being in the audience with the beautiful Sonne light show?
    --Any other impressions you care to share?

Too bad you didn't get in the afterparty; I think Zoran was there too (he posted a pic of himself at the stadium with Alena Makeeva.)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    New Rammstein documentary coming!

Paul's comments are very interesting, considering that the word during the Adieu shoot was that it would be the band's last. Maybe the Ramms meant simply the last shoot for the Zeit album?

https://twitter.com/RammsteinBelgie/...098624/photo/2

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Has the album cover for LIFAD ever been explained in detail? And what is Richard holding up to one of those things with fangs hanging on the wall?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The Hilf Mir / Schwarz comparison is probably the most noticeable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think Deutschland already have shown that they're not afraid to reference themselves, which I consider to be a good thing. Also, the examples shown in the video are pretty far-fetched.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    These guys took Till’s poem Nebel (not the same as the song on Mutter) and made this song out of it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    The Hilf Mir / Schwarz comparison is probably the most noticeable.

To be fair Rammstein have been ripping themselves off for a long time, that's not necessarily a bad thing, i consider them like AC/DC, Type O Negative or Placebo in the way they reference themselves but sound "fresh" at the same time.

Hell, they even repeated one of their song titles in a different language; "Adieu" vs "Adios" from Mutter

Also: Zeit has grown on me a little bit, but i still consider it inferior to the "Untitled" album...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 06-30-2022 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    LOL

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These guys took Till’s poem Nebel (not the same as the song on Mutter) and made this song out of it.

I'm truly impressed by how well this is made. It pretty much sounds like from Mutter. I also can't believe how well the vocals are here. For a moment I almost thought it's Till himself!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Till casually getting fake blood spat on his face lmao

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I’m so late to the party hearing this / knowing it was even a thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I've been watching tour videos obsessively, as I won't be able to see the band during this tour. Some conclusions:

--The band members are getting along so well, I'm now convinced they are about to call it a career!
    --Tour MVPs: Paul and Schneider. RZK gets an honourable mention for his playfulness with Paul and Till, and his genuine smiles.
    --This European tour leg is what Till imagined his solo tour was going to be. Between the white face paint and the head smashing during Heirate Mich, he might actually think this IS his solo tour, only with pyro and world-class musicians.
    --Oliver Riedel is now what people have assumed Till to be. He's quiet, handsome, and has the lean, fit physique of a 25 year-old at the age of 51. Damn.
    --Please, PLEASE, let there be an official tour video.

Hoping for a possible 2023 tour announcement! Want to experience Armee der Tristen, Angst and Zeit live (although Dicke Titten is already being performed by willing audience members, to Till's delight.)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Check out the burn/scar on his arm:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfzUs2uI0yy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Check out the burn/scar on his arm:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfzUs2uI0yy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
    I saw a picture several months ago when the cuts were fresh, at the time they resembled the marks of finger nails being dragged down the skin. But a closer look of the scarred skin indicates these are quite deep, and look more like glass, knife or fork wounds. May be separate instances of injury. Well, he DID write a poem about cutters... but who knows?

I do wonder how healthy Till Lindemann really is. He looks pale, little tone in his muscles - look at his thin forearms - and in videos his low vocal register sounds ragged - he's having trouble hitting the notes in "Rammstein" for example. But there have been reports that the audio hasn't always been the best, so that might contribute?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Schneider just oozes feminity, lol:

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Piano Puppe.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Apparently Paul really wants to play Angst. Or at least be a cheerleader? And Till's having a "The hell?" moment. (Remember to move your lips when you lip sync, Till!)

Paul & Schneider are seriously challenging Flake's status of My Favourite Rammstein Member this tour.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I've got feuerzone tickets for the Philadelphia show on August 31st. Hometown show, figured I'd be safe.

The ol' day job just scheduled an on-site with a prospect in Pittsburgh on September 1st.

This is not ideal, and I needed to whine about it somewhere.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I've got feuerzone tickets for the Philadelphia show on August 31st. Hometown show, figured I'd be safe.

The ol' day job just scheduled an on-site with a prospect in Pittsburgh on September 1st.

This is not ideal, and I needed to whine about it somewhere.
    That's super annoying. The next day's gonna suck, but you should go to the show anyway. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    What is it about the RZK Deutschland remix that causes the band members to head to little rooms??

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingwalker View Post
    what is it about the rzk deutschland remix that causes the band members to head to little rooms??

"ich will pissennn!"

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This kills live.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)