Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116
Results 3,451 to 3,456 of 3456

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Well, after almost two years of successfully avoiding it, I might have Covid. Thankfully my symptoms are pretty mild. Getting tested in the morning and will hopefully know for sure by the weekend. Not happy about it, but glad I got vaccinated, as I know it could be much worse.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)

all the best tweets say something to the effect of "of course he's taking ivermectin, he's a horse's ass / jackass"

but also:

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Well, after almost two years of successfully avoiding it, I might have Covid. Thankfully my symptoms are pretty mild. Getting tested in the morning and will hopefully know for sure by the weekend. Not happy about it, but glad I got vaccinated, as I know it could be much worse.
    A coworker who was vaccinated got covid last night and it's kicking his butt so good luck.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    A coworker who was vaccinated got covid last night and it's kicking his butt so good luck.
    I just got the moderna booster 2 hours ago and all I see in the news is it doesn't work against Omni. They're also saying everyone in the country is going to get it now. I guess its still better to get it vaxxed than unvaxxed.

Hope everyone in here and their families dealing with it get through it ok.

Sometimes, just...fuck this world.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    I just got the moderna booster 2 hours ago and all I see in the news is it doesn't work against Omni. They're also saying everyone in the country is going to get it now. I guess its still better to get it vaxxed than unvaxxed.

Hope everyone in here and their families dealing with it get through it ok.

Sometimes, just...fuck this world.
    Delta is still out there so if people figure they're going to get omicron & let their guard down it could become more of an issue. Moderna does work on that one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Delta is still out there so if people figure they're going to get omicron & let their guard down it could become more of an issue. Moderna does work on that one.
    Oh of course. And they are also seemingly still very effective at preventing death even with omicron. Even if we all do have to have it, there's not a chance I would want to get it without the vax based on all the data.

All that said, getting that booster had me really reflecting on these last two years. And it'll be another 2 or 3 before there's any chance of society seeming normal again and that's just the most optimistic estimate. And then there's the coming economic shocks. It'll eventually pass but not without drastically altering the last few prime years of my life. It's got me thinking what might have been if it never happened. Who I'd have met, where I'd have gone, what could have been etc.

Very appropriate this was one of the last tracks of 2019