Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    I am so fucking sick of this shit.
    Learning I'm waaaaaay to used to daycare and schools taking care of my parental responsibilities.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...567521f8cae3e3

The first person from the Wuhan market – where the coronavirus pandemic likely began – to test positive for the virus was a woman selling live shrimps, according to a document leaked to media.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...567521f8cae3e3

The first person from the Wuhan market – where the coronavirus pandemic likely began – to test positive for the virus was a woman selling live shrimps, according to a document leaked to media.
    Live shrimp?

LIVE SHRIMP??

We buy that here, too. Wtf. Omg.

Guess I’m taking amaebi off my sushi list.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-26-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    So I've been really sick for a week and a half now, and a lot of my friends and family are worried about me.

One of my friends, who is highly prone to anxiety and is a bit of a hypochondriac, has been worried about me to a somewhat alarming degree, texting me 20 times a day, and she is 100% convinced I have covid-19. As it turns out, she has Lupus, and therefore has a regular prescription for hydroxychloroquine. Now, you would think that she'd be really upset about Trump claiming her Lupus medicine is the magic cure for corona virus, but instead she's convinced that just maybe there's something to it. Don't ask me why, she fucking hates Trump, but it seems like everyone is rapidly losing their sanity right now, so anyway. She's been telling me for a couple days that since I'm "sick with corona virus," she thinks I should try taking some of her lupus medicine so it can cure me. I keep telling her ABSOLUTELY NOT because, for one thing, it's illegal, and for another thing, there's no proof that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for covid-19, and last of all, I probably don't even have it. But really, I shouldn't have to tell a grown woman in her late twenties why it's insanely dangerous to take someone else's prescription meds.

So today she texts me: "Hey so... don't be mad, but I went ahead and dropped by your place and left some of my meds in your mailbox. At least you'll have them just in case you get worse. I just couldn't live with myself if something happened to you and I knew I had the cure right here." Sure enough, yup, she left me a little baggie with 10 hydroxychloroquine pills. Unfuckingbelievable. I tried calling her but she won't answer, probably because she knows I'm gonna be pissed off at her. I've sent a shitstorm of texts, just absolutely livid.

Uh. Wtf. I love how Trump's dementia is spreading everywhere. Jesus.
    Last edited by Mantra; 03-26-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    here's a message from Bob Dylan that dropped in the middle of the night

Greetings to my fans and followers with gratitude for all your support and loyalty across the years. This is an unreleased song we recorded a while back that you might find interesting. Stay safe, stay observant and may God be with you. - Bob Dylan

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I'm honestly worried that this will hand him the election. Like, have-to-take-extra-anxiety-meds worried.

Thanks to the virus, I lost my job two weeks ago, people are dying in the hospital literally across the street from me, I have no idea how we're still going to move as planned/needed to another city in 60 days (we haven't found a place yet, but our lease is up), I have at-risk family, but I'm so worried about how well people seem to be receiving his ill-advised, incompetent, mean-spirited bungling of a global pandemic that his potential reelection is actually the thing about this fucking plague that's personally keeping me up at night.

Not exactly the right anxiety priority, but...but I have no real way to finish that sentence.
    hang in there. i hope you are at least in a state with a strong governor or have a good mayor. they are the last, best hope we really have to get through this somewhat intact. prayers for you & your family.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    So I've been really sick for a week and a half now, and a lot of my friends and family are worried about me.
    Why in the hell should you take non-prescribed drugs without medical observation? And she’s giving up drugs SHE needs, and she’s more at risk than you. Wtf.

As I posted here, I was REALLY sick with an upper-respiratory thing in January, including chills, nausea, extreme fatigue, difficulty breathing. It finally got better, but then it CAME BACK with a vengeance in February and I was put on a round of oral steroids, plus I have a rescue steroid inhaler. I went to the doctor twice. I asked about Covid 19 each time, kind of joking (my husband was serious) and was told they had no tests, couldn’t test me if they wanted to. I’ve also had mild asthma my whole life, which gets exacerbated by certain conditions (including UR viruses).

To this day, I have NO idea if I had it or not. I didn’t start breathing fairly “normally” and returning to my favorite physical activities until this week. My appointment with my pulmonary doctor isn’t into MAY 5th. TV reports tell me that 80% of people infected with Covid 19 survive without requiring hospitalization. So I guess if you get to feeling so bad that you can’t breath, call an ambulance. Otherwise, Mucinex and cough syrup was prescribed for me (they prescribed me the narcotic stuff because I was hacking all night long and hadn’t slept for, like, a month) plus plenty of liquids and rest.

But HOLY SHIT I’m with you, I’d never take a friend’s drugs. Well, not those kinds of drugs.

On the other hand, I had the same anxiety directed at me from friends and relatives who were worried that I was GONNA DIE. Your friend means well. This pandemic has caused synchronized anxiety.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-27-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Confirmed our PM Boris Johson has the virus...

Bet he wishes he'd forced the lockdown rather then waiting and seeing now. This is going to get a LOT worse before it gets better, we're all going to loose someone over this

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post

One of my friends, who is highly prone to anxiety and is a bit of a hypochondriac, has been worried about me to a somewhat alarming degree, texting me 20 times a day, and she is 100% convinced I have covid-19. As it turns out, she has Lupus, and therefore has a regular prescription for hydroxychloroquine. Now, you would think that she'd be really upset about Trump claiming her Lupus medicine is the magic cure for corona virus, but instead she's convinced that just maybe there's something to it. Don't ask me why, she fucking hates Trump, but it seems like everyone is rapidly losing their sanity right now, so anyway. She's been telling me for a couple days that since I'm "sick with corona virus," she thinks I should try taking some of her lupus medicine so it can cure me. I keep telling her ABSOLUTELY NOT because, for one thing, it's illegal, and for another thing, there's no proof that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for covid-19, and last of all, I probably don't even have it. But really, I shouldn't have to tell a grown woman in her late twenties why it's insanely dangerous to take someone else's prescription meds.

So today she texts me: "Hey so... don't be mad, but I went ahead and dropped by your place and left some of my meds in your mailbox. At least you'll have them just in case you get worse. I just couldn't live with myself if something happened to you and I knew I had the cure right here." Sure enough, yup, she left me a little baggie with 10 hydroxychloroquine pills. Unfuckingbelievable. I tried calling her but she won't answer, probably because she knows I'm gonna be pissed off at her. I've sent a shitstorm of texts, just absolutely livid.

Uh. Wtf. I love how Trump's dementia is spreading everywhere. Jesus.
    Honest suggestion: if you're able, print out this article about people dying from taking that med, tape it to the pills, and return them that way.

That's a really shitty situation all around, from being sick to having people freak out about it. Sending positive vibes your way.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I dunno if this is everywhere but I require daily allergy meds.

I switched generics I typically get from Amazon to a different type (from cetirizine hydrochloride back to fexofenadine hydrochloride). Those weren’t available on Amazon for a week. They’re also sold out in real and generic form in most stores, except at one Walgreens near me.

The cold meds aisles are nearly sold out. It’s like either everyone is really sick with colds and allergies or are hoarding THAT shit, too.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Honest suggestion: if you're able, print out this article about people dying from taking that med, l
    HOLY SHIT they ate pills that were for CLEANING THE FISH TANK!
    Last edited by allegro; 03-27-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I hope Cuomo runs in 2024. His press conferences are light years better than Trump's.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Trump yesterday: New York doesn't need ventilators. Don't be stupid.
    Trump today: Screaming at GM for not opening their plant to make desperately needed ventilators.

Gee, what can we infer from that?

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I hope Cuomo runs in 2024. His press conferences are light years better than Trump's.
    I haven't been the biggest fan of him in the past so I can't say I'd be thrilled to see him run, but I do have the utmost respect for the way he's been handling things lately. I still think he could done a better job at getting ahead of this, but hindsight might be a factor there. Either way, I appreciate how he's dealing with things in the here and now.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Also...holy shit, I don't know who I just listened to (got C-SPAN on audio only), but I'm pretty sure he just got a round of applause for screaming about how he would rather die than let "a virus from a nasty, dirty stall in China" hurt our economy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I haven't been the biggest fan of him in the past so I can't say I'd be thrilled to see him run, but I do have the utmost respect for the way he's been handling things lately. I still think he could done a better job at getting ahead of this, but hindsight might be a factor there. Either way, I appreciate how he's dealing with things in the here and now.
    Total hindsight, plus Congress had info they didn’t share AND the Feds should have locked down our borders from everywhere in early-January. SHUT DOWN, NOT SCREENED. Until we truly understood the alien invader.

Only the FAA and the Federal government can do that, but it just stared at China like it was on another planet disconnected from everything in outer space.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-27-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trump yesterday: New York doesn't need ventilators. Don't be stupid.
    Trump today: Screaming at GM for not opening their plant to make desperately needed ventilators.
    Gee, what can we infer from that?
    this is the kind of incoherent manipulation out in the open and costing lives that is going to incite hate toward him for the general public. He looks like an absolute fool right now.

thats why I say this is the one that will take him apart. Here is a decent article about this. https://tinyurl.com/tmujea2

the governor is doing a great job being lucid and humanitarian amidst a really awful situation, making it clear how the idea of old people being expendable to save the economy is insane and anti-American. he leaves no excuse for there to be mitigated federal aid and exposes who the real POS here is by default. this is how real leaders act - they dont bargain with citizen lives because of a need to be right

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Cuomo has announced that all NY schools are to remain closed through April 15th. This includes my job since we follow the schools.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Relief bill has passed and now awaits Trump's signature (which he has already indicated he will give)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Almost 100,000 cases in USA now. So far, the curve is not beginning to flatten. Not even a little. This site has a good overview of the current stats: Coronavirus COVID-19 (2019-nCoV)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Posting this here, too, 'cause fuck it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This seems to be really something now, my little town is has closed schools and doing some social distancing and that is all. I go to my non essential job everyday and load truck after truck with non essential goods from china, what crazy, crazy world. I feel for the big city's hit hard and still feel the has been here for longer than we think. Ready for the world to get back to work and normal life. The economy needs to get back to work, or else we will all work for Wal-Mart and get paid in tokens. I fear if the mist people can't work now the future is
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 03-27-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is beautiful

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    On the other hand, I had the same anxiety directed at me from friends and relatives who were worried that I was GONNA DIE. Your friend means well. This pandemic has caused synchronized anxiety.
    Well yeah, I know she's coming from a good place, of course. She's a good person. But she's kinda stressing me out while I'm sick, you know? And she's also trying to do things that I find to be, ironically, more dangerous than just letting me battle through this brutal cough the way I have been.

And yeah, she's the one who needs those meds. They're saying now that there's a shortage of these meds because everyone's suddenly trying to get them. You probably saw the story going around about the lupus patient who was told her prescription was being denied by Kaiser so that it could be redirected to covid-19 patients: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...us-chloroquine ...So the last thing she should be doing is giving me her pills.

It just seems like everyone is doing really bizarre stuff and acting completely fucking crazy right now, and it's making me nervous. We all need to keep our heads on straight during this.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    The economy needs to get back to work, or else we will all work for Wal-Mart and get paid in tokens.
    Holy shit, if I hear one more person put capitalism over human life.

Fuck the economy. EVERYONE NEEDS TO STAY HOME AS LONG AS IT TAKES. HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL NOT GETTING THIS.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    If you aren't willing to sacrifice your life and your entire family for the sake of the stock market, are you even a fucking American?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This really won’t be that catastrophic to the economy. The economy will bounce back.

But if 500,000 employees are dead, that’s gonna be harder to do.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    The US army is turning the events/convention center attached to the football stadium where the Stones played last summer into a large field hospital in Seattle. It will be use for non COVID-19 patients to take some pressure off the local hospitals.
    I've been watching the daily briefing of the US task force with the president. It's quite a spectacle. I watched on CNN & as the president was throwing NY governor Cuomo under the bus there was screen crawl where Cuomo directly called the president a liar about ventilators being stored in a warehouse in NJ. There also seemed to be some discrepancies involving statements being made about General Motors.
    The president seems to especially dislike my governor Inslee of Washington & mentioned him in a less than positive light several times. He said he won't call Inslee. Recently Inslee has taken a lot of proactive action to try & slow the spread of the virus. He has also taken the initiative to open negotiations directly with China to get much needed supplies & equipment.
    Apparently the vice president is keeping communications open to everyone regardless of politics & rhetoric. I'm not a huge fan of vice president Pence but applaud his efforts to see the bigger picture & take action. The whole situation seems extremely dysfunctional on all sides. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone.
    I think there is room for all parties to improve in the interest of actually working to slow the spread of the virus & save some lives. Now is not the time for partisan politics by anyone regardless of affiliation. I hope all aspects of all governments can work together for the common good of the entire world. Hopefully this can lead to a better world for everyone in the aftermath of the virus.
    This was basically an editorial by myself based on observations after much reading & viewing of news. I hope I haven't offended anyone as it was not my aim to accuse anyone of anything. Benjamin Franklin, 1 of the founding fathers of the US, had an excellent quote that is as appropriate for these times as it was over 200 years ago: "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
    Again I want to thank everyone who was concerned about my well being while I was trying to get a test & eventually getting the test that showed I don't have the virus. I still have some serious health issues but now am able to work on getting them solved. These days not knowing whilst having some symptoms is almost akin to being a leper & rightly so. I hope everyone is safe & well. Take care, Chuck

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I’m immunocompromised so having to go into work this past week for three days in a room with eight other people and despite lots of company rhetoric about safety and precautions; wasn’t fun. I was one of two people that really practice the CDC suggestions. Lunch was provided all three days from a greasy sandwich place I don’t like but I wouldn’t have eaten it anyway because people were reaching into the bag without a care, grabbing appetizers and sandwiches. Where was that bag? How many people touched it? You can’t really disinfect the paper bags everything came in nor the big paper bag it all was in. I was always afraid to have a question because on at least four occasions, someone came right up next to me to see what I was stuck on.

That ended Thursday and now I’m working from home again but my anxiety is at a critical level and probably will be for the next 6 days; hoping I don’t get the virus because that’ll be a rap if I do.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-28-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Trump not working with governors is dangerous. If he can’t do his job, he should be removed. We are talking about people’s lives and he’s still being divisive and acting like everyone should praise the king. It’s so sick.