Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I hear you...I was watching live cams of the NJ beaches and boardwalks and it was sickening. no social distancing, no masks...the weather is supposed to be crappier tomorrow and cool on Monday so maybe that will deter folks. but people are stuck in their ways, stubborn, ignorant etc.
    could be anywhere in USA. sadly, stupid is the common factor in the whole country. all the talk about liberty without knowing the definition of the word. the real liberty has been eroding away well before the pandemic. we have grown fat & complacent like hogs on the way to the slaughterhouse.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Supposedly tomorrow's front page.

Edit - It's legit.

Last edited by Sarah K; 05-23-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I have friends and relatives who are also convinced this shit was here as of last year. That’s an interesting thought about this already being the second wave.
    Dude honestly, the "flu" fucking DESTROYED Kansas City last December/January. I mean it was like Covid level news coverage for a bit. Schools were closing due to outbreaks. There were SO many people I know that got INCREDIBLY sick. And then once Covid started popping off "officially" across the country, Kansas City has been very low on the receiving end of cases. Part of me feels like that's already because it ravaged the shit out of this city already, and currently we are in the second wave as previously mentioned.

I don't know man. It feels so conspiratorial to think about it, but at the same time the pieces ALL fit and line up perfectly.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The only thing is, nobody was dying in huge numbers; which leads me to believe it was just a really nasty flu. This Covid-19 shit is hella contagious and it’s killed nearly 100,000 so far ... and that’s mostly while we were hiding in our houses and wearing masks. If we hadn’t been doing that, experts are saying the death toll would be in the millions, in the U.S. alone.
    The thing is, I remember there actually being quite a few deaths from the flu in KC. There was a handful of kids who died and a bunch of old people. My girlfriend works at an early education center and they were going into panic mode well before covid due to the reports of the children dying in the area from it. It got REALLY bad here for a bit. Again, it really could have just been a bad flu, but man we sure did get hit extremely hard by SOMETHING.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So today or at least where I live restaurants are free to open for dining inside in Germany, yet first cases are dropping in again of rising infections due to church service and restaurants opening up. Mere days after this is allowed again and numbers are peaking... I really wanted to be optimistic about this, but wow. Last week I was actually in the beer garden with a good friend, but it didn't feel all that good to be honest. Especially the precautions were annoying and we couldn't really enjoy it. Guess I'll avoid gastronomy for a while under these circumstances and try to support by having stuff to-go or buying some beers at the newsstand.

Even more concerning for me on a personal level was an interview I conducted with one of the bigger local concert agencies and it absolutely didn't sound good what they had to say. I actually thought smaller shows could go down again before Christmas, but that doesn't seem to be the case with little to no funding and apparently interest at all from the government. Hope some of the smaller clubs and venues will make it through all of this and won't get bought up by Live Nation and all those other corporate crooks. Even if shows would be possible I highly doubt that international bands would set foot on the European mainland anytime soon and vice versa.

And yeah, protesters and tin foil addicts are making it even more miserable than it already is. While I love how much positivity and kindness this situation is bringing up on all kinds of areas of living, the stupidity, bitterness and hatred rises just as much.
    Last edited by dlb; 05-25-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    god fucking damnit people

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Soylent Green is made out of people....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    As of today dining and drinking places are also opening in Greece, specifically those that have outside seating for the time being. Lockdown has been gradually easing for the past three weeks; first people could go out without texting the special number that was set up for getting permission, then high schools were open, then retail shops and churches opened for the public, and now cafes/bars/restaurants. Elementary schools are set to open from the start of June and tourists will be accepted coming in by car in June and even by airplane from July I think, with only random sampling for Covid-19 if I understand correctly.

So far no rise in new cases is showing, but it's probably way too early to relax. From the moment lockdown started lifting, people started thronging in streets, squares and beaches, despite the government still advocating strict social distancing (not exactly leading by example sadly; some officials have not shown proper adherence to the rules they so vehemently push to the public). Churches are performing holy communion. Kids are playing together and hugging. Unless the virus has miraculously disappeared from the country, or the summer heat is really dampening its potency, (we've had some extremely, unseasonally hot couple of weeks in the first weeks of lockdown easing), I don't see how we can avoid a second wave. Even assuming that locally the virus has been contained, the tourist influx from abroad is a big, spiky question mark.

I'm really worried that, even if something is picked up early enough to avoid a huge outbreak, it will probably mean the return of lockdown measures, and I'm afraid many people won't be able to handle that. Current optimism will swiftly turn to despair, as this time it will really sink in that this is the new reality. I really hope we won't get there, but it's hard to see how we won't.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    as I was telling my gf yesterday, even with things easing, I still feel like we're in the early stage for this.

re-opening has nothing to do with health. it is economically driven.
    Last edited by versusreality; 05-25-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Where I am, the social distancing started in March, cases in February. So we're on month 3-4, depending on how you count it.

We're probably looking at 1-2 years of this, so yes, we're at the beginning of this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I can’t stop laughing at this, like .. with TEARS in my eyes at the comments!!!

Wtf

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    This was happening in Ohio at least as far back as December, a lot of people i know mentioned how really miserable the "flu" this year was. My whole family was sick, and my 5 year old daughter had a cough that was so bad she could barely breath sometimes, couldn't sleep because it would wake her up at night. We had to do calming exercises, like the kind people do for coming out of an anxiety attack. I would have these coughing fits that just went on and on and on. The whole thing lasted two or three weeks. I'm convinced that we had it and that most of the state had it, and that what's blowing through right now is actually the second wave already.
    Same for me in Cincy in December. I had a hard cough, lost my voice for three days, had some fever flares here and there and kept hacking. I’ve tried not to overthink it, but knowing someone in the state had it as early as January 7th has had me wondering.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    How can anyone walk onto this sort of scene right now and not have their stomach instinctively lurch? Who the hell would actually WANT to be in that pool? Do people really not believe this is a real thing? THIS is the true danger of delegitimizing trusted news outlets, to the point where so many people don't know who to believe so they just listen to themselves and whomever confirms their bias. You fucking idiots; you're killing people to have a fun day in a pool. Fuck you.

Why is it so hard for people to give up their little goofy fun time? I get it, you wanna ride a pony, but people are dying so shut the fuck up..
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-25-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    what a terrible human being

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Same for me in Cincy in December. I had a hard cough, lost my voice for three days, had some fever flares here and there and kept hacking. I’ve tried not to overthink it, but knowing someone in the state had it as early as January 7th has had me wondering.
    Me and half my family had the same thing in December in the Cleveland area. Hacking, dry cough that was persistent for several days. Headache, body aches, etc. Almost lost my voice for a few days. I'd be super curious to take an antibody test

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    no social distancing on WWE Raw tonight. shocking! i suspect the four horsemen of the apocalypse will be riding out of Orlando.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    no social distancing on WWE Raw tonight. shocking! i suspect the four horsemen of the apocalypse will be riding out of Orlando.
    Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but it seems they are having the stadium empty of audiences? At least THAT is a relief...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I liked the response from WWDTM's Peter Sagal:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    FFS ‘great reviews’ he thinks his Presidency is a TV show

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    How can anyone walk onto this sort of scene right now and not have their stomach instinctively lurch? Who the hell would actually WANT to be in that pool? Do people really not believe this is a real thing? THIS is the true danger of delegitimizing trusted news outlets, to the point where so many people don't know who to believe so they just listen to themselves and whomever confirms their bias. You fucking idiots; you're killing people to have a fun day in a pool. Fuck you.

Why is it so hard for people to give up their little goofy fun time? I get it, you wanna ride a pony, but people are dying so shut the fuck up..
    My neighbors across the street are four early twenties white college girls, and when me and my partner were reading on the porch today we saw them come back from the lake or something with a fat ass cooler and a bunch of beach shit and then like three cars of friends pulled up and all piled into the house.

Literally first words out of my girlfriends mouth was "bet they just got back from the Ozarks".

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but it seems they are having the stadium empty of audiences? At least THAT is a relief...
    They are performing in the WWE training center. Until now, there has been no one ring side. Last night, there were a bunch of wrestlers outside the ring who were definitely not 6 feet apart or wearing masks as an audience.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I liked the response from WWDTM's Peter Sagal:

Peter Sagal is a criminally underrated person.

Has anyone on Twitter made the joke "tweet from the president, sometimes referred to as the US Virus"?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Jesus they really tickle your brain with that Covid test

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I love that she also followed it up with the why it was happening.

little levity

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ (XRay)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm grateful that the formatting of thise has left the covid xray hidden. I take this shit plenty seriously; my stupid anxiety does NOT need to see that. Sadly, I think there are a lot of people who really do need to see it to maybe have some sort of idea of what the hell is going on.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm watching CNN, and I hate to say it, but it's almost like they're celebrating that we've crossed over 100,000 dead. They've been updating the counter more regularly, and then as soon as it went over, Wolf Blitzer dramatically says it happened. And now that's what they're talking about, as if the number means something special.

I just got done with arguing with someone on facebook about how he thought Trump was being "censored" on social media. I'm going to my zen place. fuck this fuck this.