Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Lost sense of smell and taste last night and today. Man, it grabs you by the balls.
    hang in there

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Lost sense of smell and taste last night and today. Man, it grabs you by the balls.
    Sorry brother. Hoping you recover quickly!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Ah shit. Hope you feel better (and regain senses) soon!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Feel better bud!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, it sure does, and it's such a weird sensation. Hope it comes back quickly and cleanly, I had to start on a daily medication in order to bring mine back completely (along with settling my entire ear/nose/throat area) and things came back weird for a while.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Thanks guys!

I tested negative today with an oral test. Still can only taste certain things though.
    @sick among the pure - I hope it doesn’t come to that!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yet nothing will happen to him b/c Dems are useless pussies.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    There is an actual incentive here w/ Trump though to go after him for his crimes. Unlike Bush, Trump hasn't fucked off and taken up a hobby painting or something. He was part of an actual coup attempt to overthrow the vote when it didn't go his way... and now he's angling to still come back and do it all again.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So I had a MONSTER headache last night, one of the worst headaches I’ve had in a long time; my migraine meds wouldn’t do anything to alleviate it. Today, I have a scratchy throat, I’ve been coughing ALL day, productive cough.

Tonight, felt worse. Just overall crappy.

Realized tonight, uh oh.

Just took one of the free Government Covid tests.

I tested Positive.

Tomorrow is my Mom’s 84th bday. I’m gonna have to stay WAY away from her. And likely cancel her bday dinner at the Chinese restaurant that she wanted.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    sorry allegro. hope you and everyone else in this thread who have recently tested positive feel better.

stay safe out there everyone. though optics in society may say otherwise, we are far from out of the woods with covid.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    6 months after catching covid my sense of smell and taste are a lit bit still screwed, but it’s only the smell and taste of onions, they smell and taste and a little metallic and a little off too, makes me kinda feel sick, and if i’m out it’s the strongest smell no matter where i am, and i can taste them in whatever i’m eating too, which rubbish since onion is one of the main ingredients in most food lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    So I had a MONSTER headache last night, one of the worst headaches I’ve had in a long time; my migraine meds wouldn’t do anything to alleviate it. Today, I have a scratchy throat, I’ve been coughing ALL day, productive cough.

Tonight, felt worse. Just overall crappy.

Realized tonight, uh oh.

Just took one of the free Government Covid tests.

I tested Positive.

Tomorrow is my Mom’s 84th bday. I’m gonna have to stay WAY away from her. And likely cancel her bday dinner at the Chinese restaurant that she wanted.
    Hope you are feeling better soon

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I did a second booster shot last Monday & have been feeling sick since. I don't do vaccines well. Just found out that Flaming Lips/Particle Kid have postponed the northwest portion of their tour due to COVID in the touring party. I was supposed to see them Wednesday. Hope they can reschedule soon. I could seriously use a bit of Flaming Lips show magic about now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Hope you are feeling better soon
    I hope so, too! Thanks! I haven’t been sick in a REALLY long time and while this isn’t deathly sick, it still really sucks. I don’t recommend it. Bleh. I got ZERO sleep last night. I think I need some friggin’ Nyqul or something.

I’m really pissed at myself for letting my guard down. Like @versusreality said, the powers that be have all made it seem like the worst is over, so everyone around here is back to “normal.” Bad idea.

My husband still wears a mask EVERYWHERE. I hate them because of asthma so I was slipping. And here I am. (Cough.)
    Last edited by allegro; 05-01-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    sorry to hear you caught it @allegro. Glad you're taking precautions to protect your mom. People have gotten fatigue I think, so many precautions are being ignored... Everyone is going to catch this at some point it feels like, and I just hope that the treatments and preventative measures keep outpacing the lethality of this.

I myself am due for a second booster shot... I need to just do that already.

Regarding sleep, I've dealt with insomnia in various forms for years. The only cure, outside of prescription Rx like Ambien, are these CBN gummies made by this company called Wyld. I don't know what the THC recreational laws are like over there, but if it's possible to get some of this stuff, oh man, it's a miracle.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-01-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    sorry to hear you caught it @allegro. Glad you're taking precautions to protect your mom. People have gotten fatigue I think, so many precautions are being ignored... Everyone is going to catch this at some point it feels like, and I just hope that the treatments and preventative measures keep outpacing the lethality of this.

I myself am due for a second booster shot... I need to just do that already.

Regarding sleep, I've dealt with insomnia in various forms for years. The only cure, outside of prescription Rx like Ambien, are these CBN gummies made by this company called Wyld. I don't know what the THC recreational laws are like over there, but if it's possible to get some of this stuff, oh man, it's a miracle.
    I use infused lemonade to help me sleep. I like it because it's very consistent with no nasty edible surprises.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I have a recreational pot store a mile up the street, ima check it out! Thanks!!

Edit: Looks like they don’t have it: https://curaleaf.com/shop/illinois/c...orthbrook#info

But they have, like, pot bartenders there who are supposedly very informative. My gf the RN says I need a low-dose edible that has equal amounts CBD and THC. I think they have @chuckrh ’s lemonade, too.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-01-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    But they have, like, pot bartenders there who are supposedly very informative. My gf the RN says I need a low-dose edible that has equal amounts CBD and THC. I think they have @chuckrh’s lemonade, too.
    Yeah, it looks like Wyld doesn't do your state (yet). I don't know how much of it is the CBN, but the claim is that CBN + THC knocks you out, and it works for me. I take one and half of these gummies, and then when I start feeling sleepy I take a time release melatonin. I've also got a meditation routine going into it all.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, it looks like Wyld doesn't do your state (yet). I don't know how much of it is the CBN, but the claim is that CBN + THC knocks you out, and it works for me. I take one and half of these gummies, and then when I start feeling sleepy I take a time release melatonin. I've also got a meditation routine going into it all.
    Curaleaf sells CBN so I’ll ask them. (Once I’m thru quarantine; G won’t go to the pot store. He MAY do curbside pickup.) There looks to be a few with similar combos of CBN and THC. And as long as I keep the THC to a fairly low dose, my anxiety should be okay. Thanks for the help!

Last night was terrible. I had excruciating pain and pressure in my ears, face, TEETH! I couldn’t lie down for too long before the pain was unbearable, and I have a pretty high pain tolerance. So I messaged my primary doc at about 5 am, about what’s going on and asked what to do. And I messaged my bff the RN.

She messaged me back this morning and said what I have isn’t a “side effect” of Covid, but a complication, and she has had something similar from when she and I both had Covid last DECEMBER, except she hadn’t been able to shake the extreme post-nasal drip. Her doc put her on Afrin, short term.

So I sent G to Target to get me some Afrin, zinc, and vitamin C.

Then my doc messaged me and confirmed what my gf said, that I can go to urgent care if I have Covid, OR he can just send in a Rx for steroids to “reduce inflammation and pressure.” I opted for Door Number Two, since that’s worked really well for me, before. My friend also loved the idea. Now I’m just waiting for CVS to tell me it’s ready.

My mom had a tooth pulled a few weeks ago and I stole one of her Hydrocodone + Tylenol pills, which immediately took away the pain and knocked me out.

So I’m heading in the right direction. Thumbs up!
    Last edited by allegro; 05-02-2022 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    G started experiencing a scratchy throat today. We’d used the last of the free government Covid rapid tests the other day on G, he tested negative, so I ordered more online TODAY at 12:35 a.m.

I got them THIS AFTERNOON!!!!!!

(You get 4 per pack.)

We tested G, again.

He’s now positive, too.

Edit: Note: Szechuan spicy takeout with hot mustard is technically prescription food while you’re sick.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-03-2022 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Feel better!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Curaleaf sells CBN so I’ll ask them. (Once I’m thru quarantine; G won’t go to the pot store. He MAY do curbside pickup.) There looks to be a few with similar combos of CBN and THC. And as long as I keep the THC to a fairly low dose, my anxiety should be okay. Thanks for the help!

Last night was terrible. I had excruciating pain and pressure in my ears, face, TEETH! I couldn’t lie down for too long before the pain was unbearable, and I have a pretty high pain tolerance. So I messaged my primary doc at about 5 am, about what’s going on and asked what to do. And I messaged my bff the RN.

She messaged me back this morning and said what I have isn’t a “side effect” of Covid, but a complication, and she has had something similar from when she and I both had Covid last DECEMBER, except she hadn’t been able to shake the extreme post-nasal drip. Her doc put her on Afrin, short term.

So I sent G to Target to get me some Afrin, zinc, and vitamin C.

Then my doc messaged me and confirmed what my gf said, that I can go to urgent care if I have Covid, OR he can just send in a Rx for steroids to “reduce inflammation and pressure.” I opted for Door Number Two, since that’s worked really well for me, before. My friend also loved the idea. Now I’m just waiting for CVS to tell me it’s ready.

My mom had a tooth pulled a few weeks ago and I stole one of her Hydrocodone + Tylenol pills, which immediately took away the pain and knocked me out.

So I’m heading in the right direction. Thumbs up!
    Be careful with the Vicodin. I live in really serious pain & had been taking that & morphine for over 10 years (doctor's order). It finally quit working & the doctors switched me to something different. I had to go through withdrawals & the Vicodin was the worst of the 2 by far. I was totally sick from the withdrawals. Now I'm addicted to the new one. Wish I wasn't but there's no way around it. Is the only way I can live something sort of like a normal life.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Be careful with the Vicodin. I live in really serious pain & had been taking that & morphine for over 10 years (doctor's order). It finally quit working & the doctors switched me to something different. I had to go through withdrawals & the Vicodin was the worst of the 2 by far. I was totally sick from the withdrawals. Now I'm addicted to the new one. Wish I wasn't but there's no way around it. Is the only way I can live something sort of like a normal life.
    Thanks, @chuckrh , will do. I’m not much of a prescription pain killer person, I’ve had Vicodin prescription containers sit here for years with only a few gone because I’m more of a hoarder than consumer. My MOM ended up eating the pills for pain. My go-to painkiller has always been ibuprofen, which started causing me all kinds of STOMACH issues. I laid off of it for a long time, using Tylenol instead, but I’ve been using some ibuprofen again and it’s still the best painkiller AND anti-inflammatory right now for me. I don’t have ANYTHING like what YOU have. I couldn’t even get a Rx for more than 6 pills of Rx painkillers. They have this shit on serious lockdown around here.

The last time I had a bad cough (from February of ‘20 when we suspect I might have had Covid but there were no tests), my doc prescribed cough medicine and I went to fill it and it caused this serious pow-wow behind the counter between the pharmacist and techs, as to filling it, etc. I didn’t understand but just kept quiet until a tech finally came over and finalized the purchase.

I got home and opened the package and saw it was this FULL BOTTLE of cherry-flavored REAL cough medicine with hydrocodone in it. I’m like WTF??? I didn’t even know they SOLD this shit, anymore. That cough medicine was there in my medicine cabinet for two years because, omg, @chuckrh , every time I used it, the cough went away but I was HIGHER THAN A KITE! Like WAYYYYY TOO BUZZZED. I’m not overly fond of that.

The only thing I’m concerned about, now, is becoming dependent on Afrin. If I didn’t have Afrin, I’d ONLY be mouth-breathing. Mucinex is helping chest congestion a lot, there’s lots of it with this variant of Omicron. Sore throat, I need more honey so I can stop eating ibuprofen LOL.

Today, my bff Elaine the RN has put me on Depp Heard trial duties so I have a job to do while sick.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-04-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Thanks, @chuckrh, will do. I’m not much of a prescription pain killer person, I’ve had Vicodin prescription containers sit here for years with only a few gone because I’m more of a hoarder than consumer. My MOM ended up eating the pills for pain. My go-to painkiller has always been ibuprofen, which started causing me all kinds of STOMACH issues. I laid off of it for a long time, using Tylenol instead, but I’ve been using some ibuprofen again and it’s still the best painkiller AND anti-inflammatory right now for me. I don’t have ANYTHING like what YOU have. I couldn’t even get a Rx for more than 6 pills of Rx painkillers. They have this shit on serious lockdown around here.

The last time I had a bad cough (from February of ‘20 when we suspect I might have had Covid but there were no tests), my doc prescribed cough medicine and I went to fill it and it caused this serious pow-wow behind the counter between the pharmacist and techs, as to filling it, etc. I didn’t understand but just kept quiet until a tech finally came over and finalized the purchase.

I got home and opened the package and saw it was this FULL BOTTLE of cherry-flavored REAL cough medicine with hydrocodone in it. I’m like WTF??? I didn’t even know they SOLD this shit, anymore. That cough medicine was there in my medicine cabinet for two years because, omg, @chuckrh , every time I used it, the cough went away but I was HIGHER THAN A KITE! Like WAYYYYY TOO BUZZZED. I’m not overly fond of that.

The only thing I’m concerned about, now, is becoming dependent on Afrin. If I didn’t have Afrin, I’d ONLY be mouth-breathing. Mucinex is helping chest congestion a lot, there’s lots of it with this variant of Omicron. Sore throat, I need more honey so I can stop eating ibuprofen LOL.

Today, my bff Elaine the RN has put me on Depp Heard trial duties so I have a job to do while sick.
    The new one I'm on works differently. I see that doc next week & I think we're going to have to adjust the dosage & regimen. I take some before bed & end up waking up 4 hours later in excruciating pain. The one big plus is I can drive on it which I wouldn't do with the past meds. I know what you mean about Ibuprofen. I can't take it & they took me off aspirin when I had a heart attack a year ago. One thing about the Vicodin is I was taking a real lot of Tylenol every day because it's in the pills. I'm sure that wasn't good for me. Pain sucks. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Whelp my wife and I both tested positive today, I'm assuming we got it at the Philly shows last week. I started having symptoms Saturday evening but it just seemed like a bad allergy attack and I had just been golfing so I figured that's what it was. We both tested negative Friday and Saturday morning. I already feel much better than I did Saturday/Sunday, hoping that was the worst of it. My wife has a heart condition that we're a little concerned about but she is just having allergy symptoms as of now as well.

We've been just about as careful as possible since this thing started but I guess it was only a matter of time. I said long ago that NIN would be the only thing I'd take a serious risk of COVID for, and that's exactly what happened. GOD DAMN IT

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Aw man that sucks!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Woke up feeling really sick this morning. As I had been to 2 concerts last week I took a home COVID test. Sure enough, I've got it. Called my doc & she phoned in a prescription for Paxlovid. Picked it up no contact. Luckily I had stocked up on groceries in preparation for a round of chemo on Tuesday. I feel like hell. Shocked I've dodge COVID to this point.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hope you all feel better, soon!

Take Zinc and Vitamin C every day, to help your immune system, drink LOTS of fluids, REST, use Mucinex and cough medicine if needed.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And pray none of us get long Covid.

Like Dave Navarro:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...s8uF2wKWdVL_PU