Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Covidiots: "see, masks and social distancing don't matter. Stop being sheep and just live! I NEED A HAIRCUT!"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This is worth a watch:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    what the actual fuck is wrong with 2020.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    animal testing should have ceased a long time ago but that's another topic for another day

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    what the actual fuck is wrong with 2020.

But yeah, when I get pissed off and tell people that videos of people interacting too closely with wildlife aren't fucking cute and that it's horrible for the animals, I'm the wet blanket.

This is what you get, you fucking braindead imbeciles.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What potential effect will the protests have on this?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    What potential effect will the protests have on this?
    Outdoor gatherings are not necessarily that bad, if people take precautions, but I can tell you that cops arresting and jamming protestors together cheek-by-jowel in custody without masks on can't possibly help matters. The incarcerated population is already among the most vulnerable to unchecked spread of the virus.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Part of me feels like the GOP wants this to happen, so that all the protestors will go out in the streets and infect each other, hoping that they'll all die or whatever so they can't vote in November.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything

Fascinating article.

Months into the pandemic, there is now a growing body of evidence to support the theory that the novel coronavirus can infect blood vessels, which could explain not only the high prevalence of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks, but also provide an answer for the diverse set of head-to-toe symptoms that have emerged.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm watching CNN, and I hate to say it, but it's almost like they're celebrating that we've crossed over 100,000 dead. They've been updating the counter more regularly, and then as soon as it went over, Wolf Blitzer dramatically says it happened. And now that's what they're talking about, as if the number means something special.
    I think the daily updates with statistics, such as the number infected or dead, are not wise. It reminds me very much of the nightly news broadcasts during the Vietnam War, when the number of killed in action for each side was reported every fucking night. And it stayed on screen in a little box. As if the war was some type of baseball game or soccer match, with live updates.

News organizations should obviously report facts, and keep the public informed. However, excessive focus on statistics is not helpful.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks for this article, my mother in law thinks she had the virus earlier this year (like other members of our family, including me) and she had a mini stroke a month or so ago during full Lockdown. She fully recovered and is on blood thinners but it certainly makes me think

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man, blood thinners suck. I was on them for a year and some change for a clot and the number of headaches I had from it was insane. I'm glad to hear she's recovered.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    NBA announced today that they will be returning in July with players living in a bubble in Florida.

Also announced today: over 1,300 new cases of the virus in Florida, their highest daily number since mid April.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way - but I'm pretty worried about what these protests are going to do to the number of cases. Masks or not...hours of people yelling in close proximity is going to be bad.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well, never minding the thought of catching the covid after a nasty attack of the not-tear gas.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way - but I'm pretty worried about what these protests are going to do to the number of cases. Masks or not...hours of people yelling in close proximity is going to be bad.
    It's the elephant in the room, and I'd assume pretty soon it's going to look bad.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    after a nasty attack of the not-tear gas.
    oh lordy, what fresh stupidity have I apparently managed to miss reading about?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there are many on twitter saying that tear gas wasn't used to clear the crowd for the photo opp.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sweden hoped that taking a looser approach to distancing and lockdowns would help achieve herd immunity. It didn't. Now, in light of their numbers being much worse than their neighbors', the country's response chief is admitting there's room for improvement.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...or-improvement

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Medical Examiner's Autopsy Reveals George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86927...or-coronavirus

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Medical Examiner's Autopsy Reveals George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86927...or-coronavirus
    I'd be surprised if it didn't, honestly. A lot more people have likely had it than anyone realizes. Not that it changes anything, really, unless the defense tries to delay the trial or what have you because of virus concerns. Not the best plan really; they'd probably start burning courthouses down at that point.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think the Lockdown is partially responsible for these protests being the way they are, people are restless, pissed off, like a powder keg. This situation happens so often, but the one in Lockdown kicks it all off, inevitable

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I think the Lockdown is partially responsible for these protests being the way they are, people are restless, pissed off, like a powder keg. This situation happens so often, but the one in Lockdown kicks it all off, inevitable
    hey, whatever works. Look at how working class people in countries like France react when the boot continues to come down on them from their gov't. They're in the streets full of piss & vinegar at a moments notice. We should have all surrounded the White House with literally millions of people the day he enacted that disgusting, racist, travel ban. We have become much too complacent of a society. Myself included. I'll take this level of engagement, rage and protest however it was sparked.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    las vegas is open and there is 0 social distancing and basically no one in masks. ughhhh

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    las vegas is open and there is 0 social distancing and basically no one in masks. ughhhh
    Best part is that this isn't going to fuck over just Las Vegas, 'cuz there's no way in hell that it's only people who live there who are involved in this. About to have lots of people heading back to airports and home cities and further needlessly spreading this shit.

And here I thought I couldn't hate Las Vegas any more than I already did.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Arizona, today, has the most hospitalizations & ICU beds in use for COVID patients of any day yet In last 48 hours: 2771 newly-reported COVID cases in Arizona & 46 new deaths reported.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Arizona, today, has the most hospitalizations & ICU beds in use for COVID patients of any day yet In last 48 hours: 2771 newly-reported COVID cases in Arizona & 46 new deaths reported.
    They are really enjoying their liberty now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I hear you...I was watching live cams of the NJ beaches and boardwalks and it was sickening. no social distancing, no masks...the weather is supposed to be crappier tomorrow and cool on Monday so maybe that will deter folks. but people are stuck in their ways, stubborn, ignorant etc.
    "11 New PA Coronavirus Cases Traced to Jersey Shore Gatherings"

https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/so...erings/789022/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it's only going to get worse. the shore has been a complete madhouse in terms of how many people are showing up...and that's even without rides and arcades open