Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97
Results 2,881 to 2,889 of 2889

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I read a pretty good article in Vanity Fair about the lab and disinformation...you guys might check it out.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

The pollicization of the vaccine just completely blows my mind. It should be taken like any other vaccine. You obviously shouldn't do it if your doctor recommends not to, but other than that everyone should get it. The long term effects of Covid are already bad, and we've had family members who are already having lingering issues. I just don't get the pushback.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I read a pretty good article in Vanity Fair about the lab and disinformation...you guys might check it out.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

The pollicization of the vaccine just completely blows my mind. It should be taken like any other vaccine. You obviously shouldn't do it if your doctor recommends not to, but other than that everyone should get it. The long term effects of Covid are already bad, and we've had family members who are already having lingering issues. I just don't get the pushback.
    we live in a very unfortunate society where people are either uneducated or easily manipulated...one can say those are one in the same, but I digress.

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    I had to make sure this wasn't a subscriber article before posting:

The problem of Hillsong & Stephen Harmon

Hi,

I want to talk a little about Hillsong Church — the megachurch started in Australia in 1983 by Brian Houston and his wife Bobbie. The church got big — really big — spreading to the United States and beyond, its adherents including Justin Bieber and Chris Pratt.

I’ve always been fascinated by this cult, and it was in the headlines over the weekend when one of its members died from Covid.

Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I had to make sure this wasn't a subscriber article before posting:

The problem of Hillsong & Stephen Harmon
    Stephen Harmon’s Twitter feed still haunts me.

Sure, it was easy for most of the Twitterverse to write Harmon off as an idiot anti-vaxxer who “deserved what he had coming,” etc.

But Harmon was suffering, asking for prayers, terrified. He was being advised that he had to be intubated - and therefore put under anesthesia - but due to the latter, he refused intubation, he stated due to wanting to maintain his own “choice.” But, it was obvious that it was due to fear. Total fear. He was asking followers to pray for him, he was asking God for strength and guidance.

His last tweet, he says he finally acquiesced to being intubated; he would, therefore, be unconscious for an undetermined time, but hoped to see people later.

He, of course, never recovered or regained consciousness; he died the next day.

Watching this unfold, watching a young man suffer the symptoms of Covid - the uncontrollable blood pressure spikes, the temperature spikes, the panic attacks, the difficulty breathing - and watching him face his mortality due to this illness, and deal with the consequences of his decisions … it’s still pretty unsettling and heartbreaking, even if I can’t understand these people.

May he Rest In Peace.

And may his death be a lesson.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-26-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I don't want to turn this into a whole religious debate, but...it drives me nuts when people assume that just praying for everything to be fine is all that it takes. There's an arrogance in believing that you're the one who is going to be bestowed with a miracle when many others haven't. When you do that, it's just taking personal responsibility and accountability out of the equation. Then it becomes "god's will". "Nobody is to blame! It was god's will for him to die!" Was it? I thought he was praying REALLY hard for a miracle and denying that awful, awful vaccine. Why wasn't he spared the pain he went through?

He's absolutely right about making his own choice, but in making that choice, he is responsible for what happened to him. End of story.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ^^
    As the punchline to the joke goes:

"I sent you a boat... I sent you a helicopter...."

Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't want to turn this into a whole religious debate, but...it drives me nuts when people assume that just praying for everything to be fine is all that it takes..
    What's REALLY awesome is when kids get cancer, and certain churches tell their families, and the congregation, that the child died because the family didn't pray hard enough, or "have enough faith."

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Our lockdown has been extended for another month, good times. Mutation. Feels all right.

Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Our lockdown has been extended for another month, good times. Mutation. Feels all right.
    Damn dude.