Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Actually, the less immune system you have, the less sick you get...

The only thing that I don't like about it is that the agency I'd work for, who gets paid by the state, requires fingerprinting.
    Ok so, with me, idk. I'm woefully underinformed.

An autoimmune disease features an immune system so robust that it attacks things that SHOULDN'T be attacked, (like my fucking hands and feet.)
    But then, the drugs I'm taking...they LOWER the immune system. Idk.
    @chuckrh managed to get vaccinated.
    I'm gonna do it by Monday, I think.

Also, and this is drift, I guess, but regarding fingerprinting, are you worried about false accusations, or just invasion of privacy, or what?
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-30-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok so, with me, idk. I'm woefully underinformed.

An autoimmune disease features an immune system so robust that it attacks things that SHOULDN'T be attacked, (like my fucking hands and feet.)
    But then, the drugs I'm taking...they LOWER the immune system. Idk.
    @chuckrh managed to get vaccinated.
    I'm gonna do it by Monday, I think.

Also, and this is drift, I guess, but regarding fingerprinting, are you worried about false accusations, or just invasion of privacy, or what?
    Posting late but my fiancee can't get the vaccine due to autoimmune issues. After we had Covid, she had very severe pain in her joints and legs, and they're afraid it will do it again if she gets vaccinated. We're hoping one day to do both (vaccine and other meds) but not looking good right now. It's a strange case, and we wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Posting late but my fiancee can't get the vaccine due to autoimmune issues. After we had Covid, she had very severe pain in her joints and legs, and they're afraid it will do it again if she gets vaccinated. We're hoping one day to do both (vaccine and other meds) but not looking good right now. It's a strange case, and we wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    That's pretty much that. I'm not getting it. I'm just mostly staying home, masking up, etc.
    I see my rheumatologist on the 23rd, and will ask him about it again, but last time, he wasn't sure if I should get it or not.

I'm PRETTY fucking sick/disabled like 90% of the time. I'm not trying to get fucking SICKER from a covid shot. Autoimmune shit is NOT FUN.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    That's pretty much that. I'm not getting it. I'm just mostly staying home, masking up, etc.
    I see my rheumatologist on the 23rd, and will ask him about it again, but last time, he wasn't sure if I should get it or not.

I'm PRETTY fucking sick/disabled like 90% of the time. I'm not trying to get fucking SICKER from a covid shot. Autoimmune shit is NOT FUN.
    Everyone is different, I would just trust your doctor. I've never seen autoimmune stuff before her, and it was scary.