Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    I thought there would be some like minded people here that are appalled at what they are seeing happening in the world.
    I'm appalled by the selfishness, ignorance, isolationism, and greed that's been displayed by my fellow humans since this all began. I'm not concerned about ridiculous conspiracy bullshit that's designed to drive more of a wedge between people and to make the uneducated and ill-informed even more so. THAT is what really scares me right now, not the stupid fearmongering you're doing.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-04-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    About MedCram. No. They don't tout anything. That's why I like that channel. They find studies and explain them. He doesn't give his opinion really. And he talks about what he's seeing at the hospital or in his practice and also speaks with others in the field. He did talk about HCQ back in the early days of pandemic when there was a rush to try to find old medicines that might help. This channel was around years before the pandemic. They do have a website with classes that people can take for CEU's for license renewal. So I guess they have touted that a few times. Yeah, pulse ox is used for everything, all the time. Remember back in January, Feb, March how long it took the agencies to admit the virus was airborne, not droplets, airborne...yeah that's some pretty big information to withhold from citizens. But whatever, most people already figured it out without the official word. There are tons of scientific studies out there, finished and in the works. For your own good, look.

I came in here to talk about mandates. I thought there would be some like minded people here that are appalled at what they are seeing happening in the world. The treatment of the people, and what can be done about it. There is zero scientific reason to mandate where people can and can't go. The vaccine does not prevent spread, protection is waning quickly. Natural acquired immunity exists and is protective and can be proven with a test, how long it protects nobody knows yet. Some people can't get the vaccine. Some people will be non-responders and not develop any antibodies. Why aren't these things being taken into consideration with the powers that be? Don't you find that extremely odd? Hello!? Governments are not going to save you from the virus. I know I'm not the only one in here that feels this way, and I see why nobody can discuss. Oh well, I'm going to be ok, and I shared some things that might help other be ok. So...have a nice life.
    I'm already a big believer in the aerosol vs droplet debate. It makes sense, and in my mind, this is not controversial. I also think it's folly to promote learning from a freaking youtube channel when people should be consulting their doctors. I am not medically trained, and I know my own limits of understanding. And I TRUST doctors that are in the trenches - the ones in the fight against this, not touting any and all bullshit that comes their way on youtube - only to backpedal later.

BUT - and this is a big but - vaccine mandates are. not. new.
    I got called out in grad school when they realized they didn't have a record of my MMR status, and my age group fell in the loophole where we didn't get a 2nd dose. So at 32 years old - I course-corrected and got my second MMR jab. I was glad they found that! I found out I didn't have antibodies against mumps. A few years later I was working at the University of Edinburgh (in a molecular biology lab) where there was a mumps outbreak.
    AND - there is an FDA approved COVID vaccine - so mandating this isn't controversial. In fact, the whole vaccine mandate wasn't controversial until the 1990s when special snowflakes thought they knew more about vaccines than people with years/ decades of training.

I find it highly ironic that *several* of my former colleagues in science signed up for vaccine trials without a shred of worry - mostly because the methodology is something we work with on a day-to-day basis (I did, I'm no longer in that field). It's that level of altruism that says a lot - don't you think?

I am sick and tired of the cacophony that people raise against the COVID vaccine because MOST people lack the scientific training to understand the science behind it. See also - my sisters-in-law who have a high school education and shout to the rooftops to not get the vaccine, to the point of harassing the rest of their family when they did. It's disgusting, and I'm sick to the back of my teeth with it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    About MedCram. No. They don't tout anything. That's why I like that channel. They find studies and explain them. He doesn't give his opinion really. And he talks about what he's seeing at the hospital or in his practice and also speaks with others in the field. He did talk about HCQ back in the early days of pandemic when there was a rush to try to find old medicines that might help. This channel was around years before the pandemic. They do have a website with classes that people can take for CEU's for license renewal. So I guess they have touted that a few times. Yeah, pulse ox is used for everything, all the time. Remember back in January, Feb, March how long it took the agencies to admit the virus was airborne, not droplets, airborne...yeah that's some pretty big information to withhold from citizens. But whatever, most people already figured it out without the official word. There are tons of scientific studies out there, finished and in the works. For your own good, look.

I came in here to talk about mandates. I thought there would be some like minded people here that are appalled at what they are seeing happening in the world. The treatment of the people, and what can be done about it. There is zero scientific reason to mandate where people can and can't go. The vaccine does not prevent spread, protection is waning quickly. Natural acquired immunity exists and is protective and can be proven with a test, how long it protects nobody knows yet. Some people can't get the vaccine. Some people will be non-responders and not develop any antibodies. Why aren't these things being taken into consideration with the powers that be? Don't you find that extremely odd? Hello!? Governments are not going to save you from the virus. I know I'm not the only one in here that feels this way, and I see why nobody can discuss. Oh well, I'm going to be ok, and I shared some things that might help other be ok. So...have a nice life.
    I'm sorry Facebook being down affected you so much.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just got my second Pfizer dose.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just got my second Pfizer dose.
    Welcome to the fold

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK this both made me laugh and angry at the same time...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Met with a new doctor today. We were doing the usual overview, and he asked if I was vaccinated for COVID. I laughed - Duh, yah! He then explained that he worked at a hospital in Orlando as relief for the staff dealing with COVID when he can.

He told me that when he's about to intubate someone, he tells them to call their loved ones, because when the patient needs to be intubated - that's the point when doctors don't know if the patient will make it or not. He said that's when the panic sets in, and 9/10 times, that's when people ask for the vaccine or say they wished they had gotten the vaccine.

We paused on that thought, and then he added, "if only we could vaccinate against social media."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So family WhatsApp was going wild this morning, turns out my niece's have all tested positive for covid, the youngest has it pretty bad as well (not bad enough for hospital...yet) she's not even 2 yet. My brother in law's parent both have it, and both my sisters, mum and nan have pretty bad colds and are waiting to find out if it is covid. Everyone apart from my youngest niece were vaccinated, i swear if anything happens to her!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    So family WhatsApp was going wild this morning, turns out my niece's have all tested positive for covid, the youngest has it pretty bad as well (not bad enough for hospital...yet) she's not even 2 yet. My brother in law's parent both have it, and both my sisters, mum and nan have pretty bad colds and are waiting to find out if it is covid. Everyone apart from my youngest niece were vaccinated, i swear if anything happens to her!
    Hope they recover quickly. It’s so random, My brother had it and no one else in his family got it despite living in the same house.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Hope they recover quickly. It’s so random, My brother had it and no one else in his family got it despite living in the same house.
    I think (i have no evidence or anything) is the virus is mutating due to it being spread so much, so some people the vaccine is working as intended and others it's breaking through. I don't know if that's how mutated strains work or anything but from my limited understanding that's what i think is happening. I'm going to need to order a PCR test kit because i was with them 2 weeks ago and was in the office Tuesday (did wear a mask and took my own phone headset, but still i was with other people)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Prayers up for your family, especially the little one. It breaks my heart when bad stuff happens to small children. It's like a tear in the universe. Please keep us updated.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Prayers up for your family, especially the little one. It breaks my heart when bad stuff happens to small children. It's like a tear in the universe. Please keep us updated.
    Thank you. I will, fingers crossed she powers through but it does worry me she's the most sickly of the 3 and if she does pull through what happens if she gets it again.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Some guy just killed his pharmacist brother (with a gun) along with his sister in law and a third person. His mom said he was ranting about how his brother was poisoning Americans with the vaccine and said “he knows something.”

Not sure where we should start here. Why does this guy, who is clearly mentally ill and paranoid allowed to own guns? Do we disregard his COVID conspiracies as part of a deranged mind, or did the crazy disinformation that’s spreading around on social media contribute?

I am seeing more and more people I know that I wouldn’t call “nuts” believing this bullshit, and I think it’s a dangerous game to play with your head.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1280977

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Some guy just killed his pharmacist brother (with a gun) along with his sister in law and a third person. His mom said he was ranting about how his brother was poisoning Americans with the vaccine and said “he knows something.”

Not sure where we should start here. Why does this guy, who is clearly mentally ill and paranoid allowed to own guns? Do we disregard his COVID conspiracies as part of a deranged mind, or did the crazy disinformation that’s spreading around on social media contribute?

I am seeing more and more people I know that I wouldn’t call “nuts” believing this bullshit, and I think it’s a dangerous game to play with your head.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1280977
    The Facebook outage needed to last longer...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    This is so sad - I hope he gets locked away for a long time.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Slight update, My youngest niece seem's to be doing OK, the other 2 are just complaining about not being able to taste anything. Younger sister is positive now but feels like she has a cold, Older sister has been pretty bad but hasn't tested positive neither has my nan. My PCR is arriving today but i feel fine, but i so as shit don't want to be spreading anything if i do have it! Thanks for all the kind messages <3

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Hoping for the best for you and your family, @Haysey_Draws

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Dennis Prager has tested positive for COVID so that Jaguar guy that was on ETS awhile back is going to be super bummed out, I’m sure.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Kinda freaky/scary reading this thread from page 1 to where we’re at now…

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Just got my Moderna boost! Can't wait to mash that button to get one for my kid. LETS GOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... oh, "you got assaulted! Yeah, get out bro!"
    Oh my god, I didn't know how badly I needed to see this. Inject this straight into my fucking veins.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.... oh, "you got assaulted! Yeah, get out bro!"
    Oh my god, I didn't know how badly I needed to see this. Inject this straight into my fucking veins.
    This is 'fucking around' followed by 'finding out', isn't it? Been hearing a lot about this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh that's hilarious, guy's not going to live that down at all.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Can someone find me the phone number for the guy in the blue hoodie? I want to marry him.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I am absolutely living for the folks dunking on morons whining about COVID safety protocols at concerts or anywhere else.

George Takei brought this one to my attention.

TikToker Perfectly Calls Out Rightwing Concertgoers Who Refused COVID Test And Couldn't Get In

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Can someone find me the phone number for the guy in the blue hoodie? I want to marry him.
    You’ll have to fight me for his love.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Pretty sure he'd fight you both.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Pretty sure he'd fight you both.
    This comment was so epic that it put the entirety of ETS in my quick reply box: https://ibb.co/c8D1ngr

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The 6 yr old has a COVID vax appt on Saturday! <the villagers rejoice> I hope everyone is able to get their kids jabbed soon!