Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    stupid games and stupid prizes abound

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I used to use that on my acne as a teenager. The smell always pissed me off because it never got rid of them and I made an association. Still, it’s great for cuts. lol at using it for covid.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I used to use that on my acne as a teenager. The smell always pissed me off because it never got rid of them and I made an association. Still, it’s great for cuts. lol at using it for covid.
    JFC - used in douches? Says it all really.
    *rolls eyes into back of head*

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    JFC - used in douches? Says it all really.
    *rolls eyes into back of head*
    Describes the people that use them, haha.

Got a sore arm and slight cold symptoms today (sneezing and runny nose) but nothing too bad.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Describes the people that use them, haha.

Got a sore arm and slight cold symptoms today (sneezing and runny nose) but nothing too bad.
    Glad you're not having too much trouble with the after effects. For me it was like post chemo. Just had third shot of Moderna recently. I have chemo tomorrow & will need to plan for the flu shot before the next round. I saw a report that said Moderna is working on a combination vaccine booster/flu shot. Won't have it for this year but most likely next.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

So tired of the morons comparing a vaccine passport to the Nazis using the Star of David to identify Jews.

I mean really? So fucking insensitive and stupid.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON WHATSOEVER!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ That comment in the tweet for the win.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

The guy carrying the weight of papal infallibility says "get that shot".

edit:

Last edited by allegate; 09-15-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

my god, i feel we all know far too much about nicki minaj's personal life and her cousins friends fake swollen testicles

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

So tired of the morons comparing a vaccine passport to the Nazis using the Star of David to identify Jews.

I mean really? So fucking insensitive and stupid.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON WHATSOEVER!
    I got into it with a couple yahoo’s tossing around this bullshit. These fuckers hate it when you call out fascist tactics for what they are, but preventative health measures in the midst of a deadly pandemic? Oh, well then it’s “just like what Hitler did” with these impossible fucking morons

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Was reading about past pandemics that affected the US yesterday, specifically in regards to vaccines. There were two in the 50s and 60s that had vaccines created fairly quickly after they began (quicker than the Covid vaccine at least), which not only surprised me, but made me even more angry at the people who say the vaccine was created "too quickly" to be trusted.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    New restrictions in Alberta. We were wide open too quick...

"It is clear now that we were wrong, and for that I apologize." - Jason Kenney. This party is clearly oblivious to reality, it's almost like we have the lowest vaccination rate in the country.

"Gotta stick it to that Trudeau, giddy up!"

(Also, don't have IEMs in when the Alberta Emergency Alert goes off. My right ear hates me.)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    New restrictions in Alberta. We were wide open too quick...

"It is clear now that we were wrong, and for that I apologize." - Jason Kenney. This party is clearly oblivious to reality, it's almost like we have the lowest vaccination rate in the country.

"Gotta stick it to that Trudeau, giddy up!"

(Also, don't have IEMs in when the Alberta Emergency Alert goes off. My right ear hates me.)
    Yeah....I remember when he was announcing the re-opening, everyone else in the country was all like "WTF???" and he was just like "We're the first, but the other provinces will be following our lead soon"

He was doing more than opening wide open too quickly, he had also cancelled testing unless you were being hospitalized and removed isolation requirements for people who had symptomatic confirmed contact.

At least he's backtracking though, with his desire to eliminate the testing I was concerned that he was going to pretend it wasn't a problem while his hospitals were collapsing like some american governors are.

The way Dr Kinshaw talked when they started all this, it's as if they believed that they had achieved heard immunity when it's extremely clear that nobody's there yet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    From now on "I was wrong, and for that I apologize." "Reasonable effort was made." and "That's Alberta bashing." is being worked into my daily conversation.

"Sure you loaned me $100, but $8.33 sense is reasonable effort to pay you back."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    it was a disaster.
    what happened? Going any better now?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I sent the original to my friends mother, who is very anti-vax. She blocked me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    what happened? Going any better now?
    worse.

no social distancing in some classes. kids constantly lowering their masks while standing close to others. teachers walking around with no masks on. no desk shields for every student (we ran out and who knows when the next shipment is coming) , sanitizer containers empty, school busses overcrowded. I know of at least 6 schools in the district with cases already (with not all parents in that class even being made aware...horrible) . I am SURE there are cases in my school with sick kids...heck just the past two days I've had kids complaining of sore throats, headaches, and one frequently sneezing. Parents don't want them to get tested or keep them home.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    worse.

no social distancing in some classes. kids constantly lowering their masks while standing close to others. teachers walking around with no masks on. no desk shields for every student (we ran out and who knows when the next shipment is coming) , sanitizer containers empty, school busses overcrowded. I know of at least 6 schools in the district with cases already (with not all parents in that class even being made aware...horrible) . I am SURE there are cases in my school with sick kids...heck just the past two days I've had kids complaining of sore throats, headaches, and one frequently sneezing. Parents don't want them to get tested or keep them home.
    oh my god. That’s horrible.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Reading about these tourists from Texas who assaulted a hostess at a Manhattan restaurant because they were asked to show proof of vaccination. She went to the hospital. The three women who assaulted her will likely call their vacation short and skip town. The restaurant would have faced a 1k fine for violating the rules.

so… not sure what should be done about that, but maybe “get the fuck over it” isn’t going to really do it for her

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so… not sure what should be done about that, but maybe “get the fuck over it” isn’t going to really do it for her

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    This is so damn sad

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://news.yahoo.com/alberta-covid...181121537.html

Premier Photo-Op gets more backlash.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wow, you're really going to bring that up again?
    Might I refer to the last posting in the Trump 2020/2021 epilogue thread?

Maybe it's time you get the fuck over some things and move on. You should try it sometime..

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    Maybe it's time you get the fuck over some things and move on. You should try it sometime..
    So, uh, get the fuck over it.

You have yet to actually talk about anything else related to the discussion about what to do when people violate safety protocols in an aggressive way, let alone beat people up because they tried to comply with them. Y'know, the entire rest of the part of my post that you ignored.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, uh, get the fuck over it.

You have yet to actually talk about anything else related to the discussion about what to do when people violate safety protocols in an aggressive way, let alone beat people up because they tried to comply with them. Y'know, the entire rest of the part of my post that you ignored.
    If your post was of any actual value for those subjects then you wouldn’t have book ended it with an obvious dig at me for some shit I spewed weeks ago in another thread.

You know what you were doing so don’t act like a victim when people call your bullshit out dude.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-19-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    You're not the only one ambivalent and blase about how we handle people aggressively getting in people's shit for complying with health restrictions. Get over yourself. And you really think that was a "dig" at YOU!? You're the one who accused me of having a mental breakdown, of maybe being psychotic. And now you think I'm attacking you for pointing out an example where the solution isn't, as you said, getting the fuck over it? Holy shit

But hey, if you have nothing to say about the related news story I referenced, that doesn't mean it isn't important, or that it's not ALL OVER THE NEWS.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-19-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You're not the only one ambivalent and blase about how we handle people aggressively getting in people's shit for complying with health restrictions. Get over yourself. And you really think that was a "dig" at YOU!? You're the one who accused me of having a mental breakdown, of maybe being psychotic. And now you think I'm attacking you for pointing out an example where the solution isn't, as you said, getting the fuck over it? Holy shit

But hey, if you have nothing to say about the related news story I referenced, that doesn't mean it isn't important, or that it's not ALL OVER THE NEWS.
    Why would you utter the phrase “get the fuck over it” verbatim if it wasn’t in my reference to your hysteria breakdown over people’s behavior and Covid-19 in the Trump thread prior? It stuck in your craw and it’s fine to admit if it was, I was pissed off when I read that insane post about killing people with fire arms by a police force. Excuse me for questioning your mental space.

What is there to say? It’s horrible, people shouldn’t behave that way but what’s getting anger ridden on a news forum for a goddamn music band online gonna really do to help your life? Did you know the victim? Her family? Is this in your community? Is this affecting your life personally? I don’t get the point getting this fucking enraged is really. Every single Trump and Covid post from you is a melt down and blame game of people who are dogshit.