Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey y'all, check this out.
    I just heard Tucker Carlson say that the purpose of the millitary vax mandate is to identify sincere Christians, men with high testosterone levels, and anyone who doesn't LOVE Joe Biden, and purge them from the ranks. "It's a takeover of the US military," he said.

He said this on the single highest rated, most watched cable news show in the USA.

I don't even know where to start with this one.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^ I really can't stand him

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    ^^ I really can't stand him
    Someone needs to take him out back & kick his ass just on general principles.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    One of our alderman passed away this morning from breathing complications. Not vaxxed. Friend of my aunt passed away from the same up in northern Alberta.

We also have one older guy in the building who is not jabbed. 12 apartments, and one not done. He just "doesn't care."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yep....Nothing surprises me any longer as to how stupid people will be.

Asthma Group Warns Against Inhaling Hydrogen Peroxide to Treat Coronavirus

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I cannot fathom the irresponsibility from Tucker Carlson. This is just astonishing. At least when he sported a bow tie he looked like a snake oil salesman trying to get you to buy microwaveable popcorn or fried chicken

Now he’s just got this perpetually confused look on his face while he gives millions of people terrible advice and panders to their xenophobic ignorance

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I cannot fathom the irresponsibility from Tucker Carlson. This is just astonishing. At least when he sported a bow tie he looked like a snake oil salesman trying to get you to buy microwaveable popcorn or fried chicken

Now he’s just got this perpetually confused look on his face while he gives millions of people terrible advice and panders to their xenophobic ignorance
    Dude, I actually LIKED tucker carlson as a foil to James Carville on CNN's Crossfire, twenty years ago. He was HIMSELF: a regular elitist neocon. That was twenty years ago.

When he, Tucker SWANSON (yes that swanson) Carlson emerged again as some sort of working class hero for the proletariat, I was utterly baffled.

He REALLY exposed himself on a radio show in between the two gigs, though. He calls himself an "out of the closet elitist," talks about how rich he is, and says that Glenn Beck, (I think,).that his fake "working class" facade was disingenuous and would crumble under scrutiny. He said a bunch of other grim stuff, too. I wish that all of his fans would watch this video.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I remember watching Tucker Carlson 15 years ago when he was on MSNBC and don't remember him being this awful.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I remember watching Tucker Carlson 15 years ago when he was on MSNBC and don't remember him being this awful.
    The angle he's taken since getting the Fox show is all very calculated, and...sadly...very well thought-out. Tucker and his producers/writers are VERY smart...especially Tucker. He knows exactly what he is doing, and almost all of it is disingenuous. The line he rides with that show separates him, in the mind of his troglodyte fanbase, from the old guard hacks like Hannity. Taking a faux anti-war stance, attacking select big companies like Amazon...it's all cynically clever & anticipates the moment on that side of the fence perfectly. The grift is strong. Scary stuff.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    worse.

no social distancing in some classes. kids constantly lowering their masks while standing close to others. teachers walking around with no masks on. no desk shields for every student (we ran out and who knows when the next shipment is coming) , sanitizer containers empty, school busses overcrowded. I know of at least 6 schools in the district with cases already (with not all parents in that class even being made aware...horrible) . I am SURE there are cases in my school with sick kids...heck just the past two days I've had kids complaining of sore throats, headaches, and one frequently sneezing. Parents don't want them to get tested or keep them home.
    I'm really sorry to read this and seems like an extremely stressful and anxiety inducing work environment to be in.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    annnnnnnd the asshole award of the day goes to.....

Police in Quebec seek man for punching nurse over wife's COVID-19 shot

This guy supposedly punched a pharmacy's nurse in the face for administering a vaccine for his wife without his consent.

I hope this guy rots in hell.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I keep thinking "there's a limit to their madness" and I keep being proven wrong.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^^ what the fuckkkkk

This is insane. It's almost like they're doing this on purpose. They want everyone to die.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hey y'all, check this out.
    I just heard Tucker Carlson say that the purpose of the millitary vax mandate is to identify sincere Christians, men with high testosterone levels, and anyone who doesn't LOVE Joe Biden, and purge them from the ranks. "It's a takeover of the US military," he said.

He said this on the single highest rated, most watched cable news show in the USA.

I don't even know where to start with this one.
    He’s garbage. I usually watch him get owned by Jon Stewart when I see his stupid segments get traction.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    my partner's dad died this morning due to complications involving covid. he is the most sensitive man i have ever met, so i'm struggling to find the best way to support him. heading to oregon first thing in the morning. i love him more than anything and so wish i could be more helpful.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    my partner's dad died this morning due to complications involving covid. he is the most sensitive man i have ever met, so i'm struggling to find the best way to support him. heading to oregon first thing in the morning. i love him more than anything and so wish i could be more helpful.
    condolences, man.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I keep thinking "there's a limit to their madness" and I keep being proven wrong.
    *random situation*

Person 1: “You can’t come in here, you have radiation poisoning.”

Person 2: “It’s fine, I have a note!”

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    'Vigilante treatments': Anti-vaccine groups push people to leave ICUs
    Anti-vaccine Facebook groups have a new message for their community members: Don’t go to the emergency room, and get your loved ones out of intensive care units.

Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose, some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments, according to posts seen by NBC News over the past few weeks.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    sorry for your loss

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    so sorry @kel

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whoops.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/new...-08/covid-deer

APHISpress@usda.gov

Washington, D.C., August 27, 2021 -- The United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) National Veterinary Services Laboratories (NVSL) today announced confirmation of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) in wild white-tailed deer in Ohio. These are the first deer confirmed with the SARS-CoV-2 virus worldwide, although earlier studies have shown both that deer can be experimentally infected with the virus and that some wild deer had antibodies to the virus.

Samples from the deer were collected between January and March 2021 by The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine as part of ongoing deer damage management activities. There were no reports of any deer showing clinical signs of infection.

Samples from the deer tested presumptive positive at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine and the cases were confirmed at NVSL. NVSL serves as an international reference laboratory and provides expertise and guidance on diagnostic techniques, as well as confirmatory testing for foreign and emerging animal diseases. Such testing is required for certain animal diseases in the United States in order to comply with national and international reporting procedures. The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) considers SARS-CoV-2 an emerging disease, and therefore USDA must report confirmed U.S. animal infections to the OIE.

SARS-CoV-2 infections have been reported in a small number of animal species worldwide, mostly in animals that had close contact with a person with COVID-19. At this time, routine testing of animals is not recommended. State, Tribal, local and territorial animal health and public health officials will work with USDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to make determinations about whether animals should be tested for SARS-CoV-2, using a One Health approach.
    USDA will announce cases of confirmed SARS-CoV-2 in animals each time the virus is found in a new species. Confirmed cases in animals are posted at https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/animalhealth/sa_one_health/sars-cov-2-animals-us.

While additional animals may test positive as infections continue in people, it is important to note that performing this animal testing does not reduce the availability of tests for humans.

We are still learning about SARS-CoV-2 in animals. Based on the information available, the risk of animals spreading the virus to people is considered to be low.

People with COVID-19 can spread the virus to animals during close contact. It is important for people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to avoid contact with pets and other animals to protect them from possible infection.
    For more information on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 between people and wildlife, visit https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/covid-19/wildlife.html

For more information about COVID-19 and animals and recommendations for pet owners and people who work around animals, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...r-animals.html
    For more information about how and when to test animals, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...l-testing.html and https://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_he...al-testing.pdf

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The CDC was reporting this info a year ago, when zoo animals were testing positive. It’s important to note that the zoo animals were not exhibiting any SYMPTOMS, but the concern was mutation.

The issue with pets or farm animals (like those giant mink farms or, more recently, dogs) is mutations; particularly vaccine-resistant mutations.

It’s likely that animals have had Coronavirus and Covid strains for a very very long time. Like, 40 or more years. That’s how it spread to humans. We didn’t start testing animals this frequently until there was a global pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/20/h...nfections.html

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...iab456/6278597

Thus, zoonotic CoVs pose a major threat to human health, with different animals serving as natural reservoirs or intermediate hosts to CoVs transmittable to humans [9, 10]. However, the potential threat represented by cats and dogs or their CoVs has been sparsely studied.

Different genotypes (I, II) of canine CoVs (CCoVs) of Alphacoronavirus 1 species cause moderate-to-severe enteric disease in dogs [11]. CCoV-II circulation has been confirmed in dogs since 1971, and CCoV-I was discovered about 3 decades later [12, 13]. Transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGEV), CCoV-II, and feline CoV (FCoV) II have reportedly originated from CCoV-I and FCoV-I through gene loss and recombination [14]. Similarly to FCoVs, CCoV-I strains do not grow or grow poorly in cell culture and their cellular receptor is unknown, while CCoV-II strains grow readily in culture using aminopeptidase N as a cellular receptor [15]. This emphasizes the complex evolution of CCoVs/Alphacoronavirus 1 species and their ability to infect different hosts, inducing variable clinical disease. It has been demonstrated that another CoV, using aminopeptidase N as a cellular receptor, porcine deltacoronavirus, can infect cells of unusually broad species origin, including human and chicken [16].
    Last edited by allegro; 09-27-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    local idiots are idiots:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The level of stupid behind this tweet from a congresswoman is scary

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The level of stupidly from many elected officials around the world just show how fucking disconnected they are from "the people" they are meant to be serving.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I see from the comments that Boebert failed a GED twice. I would have to say, and this is full-on snark mode, that she represents "her people" fairly well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The CDC was reporting this info a year ago, when zoo animals were testing positive. It’s important to note that the zoo animals were not exhibiting any SYMPTOMS, but the concern was mutation.

The issue with pets or farm animals (like those giant mink farms or, more recently, dogs) is mutations; particularly vaccine-resistant mutations.

It’s likely that animals have had Coronavirus and Covid strains for a very very long time. Like, 40 or more years. That’s how it spread to humans. We didn’t start testing animals this frequently until there was a global pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/20/h...nfections.html

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...iab456/6278597
    Yes, I am aware of this. The significance of the article I posted is that sars-cov-2 antibodies have been found in the wild. In Deer, in many states. The issue is this (quote taken from Smithsonian Magazine.)
    Researchers are concerned with infections occurring in the wild because of the virus's ability to mutate and jump from one species to another, which could create a reservoir for the virus to mutate and infect humans, the New York Times reports.Reservoirs occur when the virus stays within a small group of infected animals. Once established, it can mutate and possibly evolve resistance toward vaccines and emerge as a different strain even after the pandemic ends, Nature reports. To see if the deer are a reservoir for coronavirus, the team would have to test the animals for viral RNA. This study only focused on testing for antibodies, per Nature.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Another thing to think about, "leaky" vaccines.
    Posted January 14, 2016

Not all vaccines prevent infection. Some, known as leaky vaccines, prolong host survival or reduce disease symptoms without preventing viral replication and transmission. Although leaky vaccines provide anti-disease benefits to vaccinated individuals, new research by CIDD’s Andrew Read, David Kennedy and colleagues at the Avian Oncogenic Virus Group in the United Kingdom, and The University of New England in Australia, has demonstrated that leaky vaccines can make the situation for unvaccinated individuals worse. Leaky vaccines work by enhancing host immunity to a particular pathogen, without necessarily blocking or slowing viral replication. The result is that infected but vaccinated individuals have extended survival, allowing highly virulent pathogen that would normally reach an evolutionary dead-end in a dead host, can transmit. The evolutionary consequences of high virulence are thus reduced and these pathogens can be selectively favored as a result of leaky vaccination.

The researchers tested whether leaky vaccines could be a potential driver in the evolution of higher virulence in a system where evolution to high virulence of a virus infecting chickens has been rapidly observed since the introduction of vaccines in the 1980s. The virus known as Marek’s disease virus, infects chickens worldwide, and with its climbing levels of virulence has been costing the industry over $2 billion/year in recent years. Using an experimental setup to infect vaccinated and unvaccinated birds with viruses of different levels of virulence, Read and colleagues found that although vaccines reduced the concentration of virus shed by birds, by extending survival, vaccinated individuals shed cumulatively higher amounts of highly virulent virus. Similar results came from individuals that received maternal antibodies: immunity extended survival and increased the amount of the most virulent virus that could then be transmitted to unvaccinated individuals. These highly virulent strains that survived in vaccinated or immune-protected individuals were then shown to be lethal in unvaccinated individuals. The results suggest that disease interventions that aim to prevent disease symptoms without preventing transmission can have dangerous evolutionary consequences and need to be considered in cases with imperfect vaccines. The findings were published this month in PLoS Biology and can be accessed here. The video press release is also available .

Synopsis written by Jo Ohm.

Publication Details
    Read AF, Baigent SJ, Powers C, Kgosana LB, Blackwell L, Smith LP, Kennedy DA, Walkden-Brown SW, & Nair VK
    Imperfect vaccines can enhance the transmission of highly virulent pathogens
    Journal: PLoS Biology

DOI Reference